Username
Password

05:53 PM on 12/01/12 
User Info.
drewinseries
Fight to get it back again.
Boston, MA
Male - 23 Years Old
I got a Mac laptop for school and I have loved it. I want to get a desktop and was looking at the iMac. While not the reason, I definitely wanted to try some gaming on it for Skyrim and Battlefield. Through research I was brought to pretty much everything but a Mac for a powerful system, and now I will probably be building my own PC. I love iOS and the look and feel of a Mac, but their prices are outrages, and it seems that if you keep up with upgrading, you system should run and will still probably have saved money. I will miss iOS, but at least I still have my laptop for that.
05:59 PM on 12/01/12 
User Info.
drewinseries
Boston, MA
Male - 23 Years Old

I'm not a fanboy for either company (lately, I've just enjoyed how my Apple products have worked), I'm just not particularly computer savy and just want to have a really consistent experience where I don't have to worry about the maintenance and upkeep of my computer.

You can always partition your hard drive and use BootCamp to put Windows and your Mac.
06:20 PM on 12/01/12 
User Info.
drewinseries
Boston, MA
Male - 23 Years Old
Windows 8 is the shittiest thing to ever be on a computer. I'm a Windows guy, but I might be making the move to Mac next time I buy a computer.

Yeah, im heavily considering just installing 7 on my build.
06:25 PM on 12/01/12 
User Info.
drewinseries
Boston, MA
Male - 23 Years Old
make it a hackintosh, braski. dual boot

I came across that online, I would love that, but maybe its my novice on the subject, but I read that was highly illegal.
07:36 PM on 12/01/12 
User Info.
drewinseries
Boston, MA
Male - 23 Years Old
i'm no expert myself; i've only done it once. but from my understanding the only illegal thing about (assuming you buy the OS for like 40 bucks and don't pirate it) has to do with a part of the agreement that says something about only installing the OS on apple products. i'm not sure if this is accurate now or has ever been truly legit, but i remember reading that, because of the way they stated that part of the agreement, you could technically just slap an apple logo sticker onto your computer and you wouldn't be contradicting anything.

in any case, i don't think anyone's ever been sued for making a hackintosh. it's pretty commonplace. actually getting one to work is a long process though; you have to enjoy working with computers as a hobby or there's no way you'll have the dedication to get it working.

Thanks for the tips, I will keep my eye open once I get my computer built. If thats the case for it, I wouldn't mind looking into it.
06:54 PM on 12/02/12 
User Info.
drewinseries
Boston, MA
Male - 23 Years Old
I have both and because of work and school, I use my Windows PC a whole lot more. In fact, I hardly turn on the Mac.

But if you were thinking of going Mac, they do offer Office software ($$), and software that can run both Mac OS and Windows ($$).

Ive seen you in a lot of the video game threads, do you use PC for games?

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos