Username
Password

01:01 PM on 12/04/12 
User Info.
atticusfinch
Faith In More Than Steel
South Carolina
Male - 27 Years Old
I don't have any issues with Mac's. They're neat if that's what you're into, but I hate it when people don't call it like it is - You're paying way more for an operating system.

I never understand it when Mac people have hate towards PC's and PC people have hate towards Mac. Seems silly.

Technically, I'm paying more for build quality and design quality as the OS is only $30, and I'm paying for an experience -seamless operation across hardware/software. I do agree that it's silly that people take up sides so violently like it's a dang election or something. It's just a computer that will be outdated in 5 years. I used to drink Apple kool aid like a boss, but I've mellowed out. It's for me, but it doesn't have to be for everyone else (especially since it's not my job anymore to make that happen).
01:06 PM on 12/04/12 
User Info.
plyb
true progress
Male - 25 Years Old
I don't have any issues with Mac's. They're neat if that's what you're into, but I hate it when people don't call it like it is - You're paying way more for an operating system.

I never understand it when Mac people have hate towards PC's and PC people have hate towards Mac. Seems silly.
That isn't always the case. Mac Pro's and Mac Mini's are essentially you paying for software (read: dont do it) MacBooks do cost more based on spec, but I would argue build quality, not OS is your biggest gain. For a laptop, your build quality is hugely important, particularly when discussing lifespan. It's staggering how many laptops don't handle heat efficiently enough.

iMacs are actually very fairly priced, it's just a matter of whether you find their most expensive spec. To get a 27" IPS display at the quality on an iMac, you are talking about spending around $1000. So if you are doing visual design work its a great value, or the screen quality is just something of importance to you.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos