AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
The Wonder Years News - Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 30.
10:33 AM on 12/02/12
brennanisarealboy
User Info.
Well this is interesting... might have that vinyl sitting to the left of me...
11:20 AM on 12/02/12
sammyboy516
User Info.
Well this is interesting... might have that vinyl sitting to the left of me...

It says this color was never sold but that like 40 were given away in a contest.
01:00 PM on 12/02/12
lordchamberlain
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Weren't there 100 of this color variant pressed altogether?
yeah, there were. i guess they only gave out 40 of them in the "hank the pigeon" contest though.

this has sold for $62 on ebay before, and there are certainly rarer variants of their 7"s/LPs (i.e. the 2011 subscription variant of this same 7") so i'm surprised to see this as high as it is. but in the name of charity and fandom, i'm not that surprised. i'm really glad to see it raise as much money as it has already, but this will just encourage people to flip the copies they own...

also, soupy's most recent ebay purchases were simpsons bobbleheads. what a champ.
02:32 PM on 12/02/12
brennanisarealboy
User Info.
It says this color was never sold but that like 40 were given away in a contest.
Yeah haha me and a friend of mine made the trip to find Hank and snag this while he was in Cincinnati.
03:44 PM on 12/02/12
InfiniteArms
Foreign everywhere I've been
User Info.
I don't know the wonder years or maker but I like rare stuff
You should get on that
10:46 PM on 12/02/12
Soupy
User Info.
yeah, there were. i guess they only gave out 40 of them in the "hank the pigeon" contest though.

this has sold for $62 on ebay before, and there are certainly rarer variants of their 7"s/LPs (i.e. the 2011 subscription variant of this same 7") so i'm surprised to see this as high as it is. but in the name of charity and fandom, i'm not that surprised. i'm really glad to see it raise as much money as it has already, but this will just encourage people to flip the copies they own...

also, soupy's most recent ebay purchases were simpsons bobbleheads. what a champ.

The subscription service "variant" is just the least rare color with a photocopied picture as the "exclusive cover" that's a picture of almost no one in the band. None of this was run by us, approved by us or is acknowledged as a variant by us. No Sleep just did that shit. This is an actual variant color that the band had input on the creation and dispensing of. Obviously my opinion on what variants do or do not exist is not the be all end all, but I kind of feel like, if a third party who had legit no part in the release of the 7" throws a whack "cover" over a record without the band being aware, it's not a variant. Otherwise, I'd be making mad get up kids variants in my room and striking gold on eBay.

That's neither here nor there though. Just something I've had on my mind for a long time now. More importantly, solid money is being raised to help Maker and that rules!
01:28 AM on 12/03/12
lordchamberlain
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
The subscription service "variant" is just the least rare color with a photocopied picture as the "exclusive cover" that's a picture of almost no one in the band. None of this was run by us, approved by us or is acknowledged as a variant by us. No Sleep just did that shit. This is an actual variant color that the band had input on the creation and dispensing of. Obviously my opinion on what variants do or do not exist is not the be all end all, but I kind of feel like, if a third party who had legit no part in the release of the 7" throws a whack "cover" over a record without the band being aware, it's not a variant. Otherwise, I'd be making mad get up kids variants in my room and striking gold on eBay.

That's neither here nor there though. Just something I've had on my mind for a long time now. More importantly, solid money is being raised to help Maker and that rules!
i've always wondered what the deal is with that cover... now i get it. thanks for the info! and your forthrightness is always appreciated. i'd be curious to know if there are any other variants you never endorsed besides the 2011 subscription stuff.

p.s. come to portland!
01:53 AM on 12/03/12
Soupy
User Info.
i've always wondered what the deal is with that cover... now i get it. thanks for the info! and your forthrightness is always appreciated. i'd be curious to know if there are any other variants you never endorsed besides the 2011 subscription stuff.

p.s. come to portland!

The "record store day" WBPF also irks me. The subscription SIGYAANIN is on the cusp.
06:23 AM on 12/03/12
ViTOP
http://twitter.com/VitoPagano
User Info.

p.s. come to portland!

If I'm understanding what Soupy is saying....if its not in this pic, it's not endorsed by the band.
(I'm almost positive this is his personal collection)

AWESOME that so many bands are doing things to help Maker.
Last Call was donating all digital sales this weekend.
Pentimento was auctioning off a Test Press and many others doing stuff as well.
08:32 AM on 12/03/12
r0ckh3aad182
User Info.
just goes to show that the wonder years is the greatest band out there
03:13 PM on 12/03/12
TSTLSOOM
Hayley > Hayley
User Info.
i have a confession to make, i was the one that made it go to 300+. i would of payed for it even thought i have it already because its going to a good cause.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums