Username
Password

Comments: Page 4
Displaying posts 45 - 60 of 60
05:23 AM on 12/04/12
mbao
I'm on the up and up.
User Info.
They said earlier this year that they wouldn't be doing SA acoustic so I think we can rule that one out.

Came in here to say this.

Seconding those guesses of a live dvd or some sort of tribute to Ocean Avenue. Or both of those in one package. Or a world tour.
06:00 AM on 12/04/12
ashley916
User Info.
Please let it be an Ocean Ave anniversary tour! I would do anything to hear that album front to back!
06:10 AM on 12/04/12
larokr
it's back. lets go pens.
User Info.
haha as soon as all the ten year anniversary tours were being announced this fall, i looked up ocean avenue's release date and said to my friends how Yellowcard should totally do one for it next summer.

hope it happens.
06:42 AM on 12/04/12
holdfasthope012
User Info.
09:13 AM on 12/04/12
earthlight
User Info.
An ocean avenue tour would be one of the greatest things ever. Hearing that record from top to bottom would not only be rad, but I'm sure it would bump up the attendance numbers at shows too.

Hard to believe they won't do some variation of that.
10:38 AM on 12/04/12
Jaytothesyg
The Greatest Generation
User Info.
Has to be Ocean Avenue tour
11:44 AM on 12/04/12
Br&New182
...survived prep school.
User Info.
after seeing YC on this past tour and seeing how the crowd reacted to breathing...An OA anniversary tour would be worth attending for sure
01:56 PM on 12/04/12
Rysker6
I am not Tom Delonge
User Info.
I hope you're right, but our GM is a complete fuck-wad with absolutely no plan. Actually, you might know better than anyone because he (Bob Murray) was the GM of the Hawks for a few years back in the 90s. He's awful. If the Ducks bounce back it will be in spite of him.

Amen to that.
Our GM is not any better, since Dale Tallon was fired, Bowman hasn't added one significant piece to our team. He didn't have to dismantle our team following our Stanley Cup the way he did, we could have kept more players than we let go. I really hope he gets fired.
05:49 PM on 12/04/12
YCRyanMendez
Yellowcard / Ryan
User Info.
I really love how this thread mostly just turned into a conversation about hockey.

Two nights ago at the YC show, Mendez's orange guitar (I think it's a PRS) sounded like a fucking freight train. Straight up the best heavy guitar tone I've ever heard. And he crushed the "Rivertown" solo.

ESP, and thanks. Love that guitar, had it since like 2000 and have used it on every record I've made since then but never used it on a YC tour before. Almost every rhythm guitar on Southern Air is that thing.

Goddamn, does this band ever rest? Their tour literally just ended last night.

You're telling me.
06:01 PM on 12/04/12
underdawg1119
now I sleep for days
User Info.
So it's an OA Anniversary Tour, right, Mendez?
06:56 PM on 12/04/12
tdlyon
Set phasers to love me
User Info.

Well that was unexpected haha. You guys were fucking amazing in Baltimore by the way.
09:37 PM on 12/04/12
boomer08
User Info.
Our GM is not any better, since Dale Tallon was fired, Bowman hasn't added one significant piece to our team. He didn't have to dismantle our team following our Stanley Cup the way he did, we could have kept more players than we let go. I really hope he gets fired.
Yeah Stan Bowman has kinda ruined that team. I like that he was able to keep Dave Bolland who i love, and I'd be ok with losing Versteeg and Bufuglien (sp?), but matching the offer sheet for Hjalmarsson (sp?) and letting Neimi walk was brutal. The Ducks had a fire sale after we won the Cup too. Penner, McDonald and Kunitz were all gone within a year and a half. That was 3 of our top 6! That's why it's so hard to repeat these days. The Kings might have the best chance because they're bringing back EVERYONE, and a shortened season won't hurt.
05:36 AM on 12/05/12
larokr
it's back. lets go pens.
User Info.
I really love how this thread mostly just turned into a conversation about hockey.

I WANT to have high hopes after hearing "positive" things about talks last night.... but it always seems to fall apart. :(
02:29 PM on 12/05/12
Rysker6
I am not Tom Delonge
User Info.
Yeah Stan Bowman has kinda ruined that team. I like that he was able to keep Dave Bolland who i love, and I'd be ok with losing Versteeg and Bufuglien (sp?), but matching the offer sheet for Hjalmarsson (sp?) and letting Neimi walk was brutal. The Ducks had a fire sale after we won the Cup too. Penner, McDonald and Kunitz were all gone within a year and a half. That was 3 of our top 6! That's why it's so hard to repeat these days. The Kings might have the best chance because they're bringing back EVERYONE, and a shortened season won't hurt.
I would have kept Byfuglien, Niemi, Burish, Ladd, and Campbell. We were murdered because of Toews and Kanes contract incentives, and the fact that while a great defensemen, Brian Campbell's contract was horrible. Great guy, he actually married my neighbor, but no d man is worth that amount of money.
02:33 PM on 12/05/12
boomer08
User Info.
Oh wow I forgot about Campbell. That Cup team was stacked.

I want hockey to come back so badly. I've been watching basketball every night for fuck's sake.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos