Username
Password

Comments: Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 41 of 41
11:40 PM on 12/03/12
SSP
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Valencia show! Valencia Show! Yes you heard right! Valencia Show!

Hey All!

If any of you are in the Philadelphia/Doylestown, PA area then come check out Shane from Valencia as he performs a storytellers style songwriters showcase. He'll be giving an in depth look into the writing process and stories behind some of Valencia/Promise of Redemption's best songs. And guess what? the event is free! How much better can it get?! Oh, and Brendan Walter from Valencia will be appearing too! Sounds like a pretty awesome way to spend a Monday night! You can check out the event details by clicking on the link! Hope to see you all there! Help spread the word! http://www.facebook.com/events/463201570399263/
05:16 AM on 12/04/12
Archael
listens to good music
User Info.
Lies, fakes, and fallacies.
:(
07:11 AM on 12/04/12
SkywayTraffic
Skyway Traffic
User Info.
These guys are one of the most underrated bands ever. So good.
07:14 AM on 12/04/12
SkywayTraffic
Skyway Traffic
User Info.
That's pretty dumb logic. If I was at one of my favorite bands' last show and then a year or two later there was a chance that they'd come back and possibly put out a new album I'd be beyond stoked. I'd take additional recorded music rather than the memory of being at their final show any day.

So it's "pretty dumb logic" simply because it's not your logic?

Kids these days.
09:57 AM on 12/04/12
Manufactured Dreams
Fabricated Revolution
User Info.
Valencia is/was one of the most consistent bands in this god forsaken scene.

Btw, Good Life is one of my favorite songs by them as well.
10:57 AM on 12/04/12
Jared Luttrell
VA punk pop.
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
FUCK I miss this band. Such an upsetting *hiatus*
11:00 AM on 12/04/12
AvengeCasper
User Info.
Let's take a look at the poster from the last Valencia show last year.

It doesn't say "Goodbye Forever" the poster says "Goodbye For Now"

Shane is still going to play Valencia songs and it's pretty cool if Brendan does indeed join him for a show here and there every once and a while.

I don't think the status of bands needs to be so permanent that it's either ON or OFF like a light switch for ever and ever.

I think we all have to consider this: it's become ever so challenging for a band composed of numerous people to stick together for a long period of time the way the music industry is these days, let alone as individuals who have personal lives with commitments and sacrifices they make and creative interests too beyond the genre of their band. (i.e. Every AVenue, i.e. Kenny Vasoli, TSL)

I get where you guys are coming from saying that it was Valencia's last show (last year) but for all intents and purposes I still think it's important to understand the importance of chapters in bands careers (i.e. Yellowcard hiatus) and that it's still okay to celebrate their art even if they aren't still doing it on a full-time basis as a collective unit.
11:53 AM on 12/04/12
Archael
listens to good music
User Info.
Valencia is/was one of the most consistent bands in this god forsaken scene.

Btw, Good Life is one of my favorite songs by them as well.
Whenever I listen to their whole albums, I don't remember or don't care any of it except for my most favorite songs. Afterward, I just go by those ones. It's not like they have bad songs, just that more than half of their songs didn't impress/stand out.
02:13 PM on 12/04/12
AvengeCasper
User Info.
Shane Henderson & the Future Perfect

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...Olp V5nfLoLY#!
08:35 PM on 12/04/12
boomer08
User Info.
So it's "pretty dumb logic" simply because it's not your logic?

Kids these days.
I guess that came out wrong. I mean it's pretty dumb to not want a band to reunite simply because you were at their last show. That's kind of selfish.

BTW I love your EP dude!
09:51 AM on 12/05/12
SkywayTraffic
Skyway Traffic
User Info.
I guess that came out wrong. I mean it's pretty dumb to not want a band to reunite simply because you were at their last show. That's kind of selfish.

BTW I love your EP dude!
Awwwwwhwhhhhhhhhhh well now I just can't be mad at ya! You sly dog you. And that makes sense, I was just feelin sassy. haha Thanks so much man! :)

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos