Username
Password

03:28 PM on 12/03/12 
User Info.
blimpcityhero11
#WreckThisLeague
Akron, OH
Male - 26 Years Old
It seems like casting is pretty much settled, so I thought it would be proper to create an official thread for the sequel.

The biggest news today is that Dane DeHaan (Chronicle, Lincoln) has joined the cast as Harry Osborn. In addition to DeHaan, Shailene Woodley has joined the cast as Mary Jane Watson. Meanwhile, the film will be headlined by Jamie Foxx as classic villain Electro. Of course, Marc Webb has returned for directing duties and most of the relevant cast members will be returning as well.

Despite releasing this past July, we are less than two years away from a sequel to the first in this new series. Shooting is set to begin in March of next year. Until then, feel free to praise or bitch about the polarizing moves of Sony in here.
09:18 PM on 12/03/12 
User Info.
blimpcityhero11
#WreckThisLeague
Akron, OH
Male - 26 Years Old
Go the Ultimate route and kill everyone... lol
07:33 AM on 12/04/12 
User Info.
blimpcityhero11
#WreckThisLeague
Akron, OH
Male - 26 Years Old
J.K Simmons said he wants to return as Jameson if the studio wants him.
Seriously. JJJ should not be re-cast. He is so perfect in the role.

I could be wrong but I remember Webb wanting to to still be in high school. We shall see if thats where the studio lets him go.
I don't think they are. There's been talk of some filming in London, with Gwen being the one that goes there for storyline purposes. (Which did actually happen in the comics.) Perhaps, that could be a strain on the relationship for part of the movie that allows MJ to enter as a potential love interest?

Nice pick up nabbing Foxx.
I think he's a great actor, but I hate him in the role. Electro needed a Tom Hiddelston-type that can bring the intensity in a sinister way. I always loved the idea of Aaron Paul filling the role.
12:11 PM on 12/04/12 
User Info.
blimpcityhero11
#WreckThisLeague
Akron, OH
Male - 26 Years Old
I think I've read that MJ only plays a pretty minor role in this film, it's more just introducing her, but maybe in the third movie?
That's what I was thinking though. Her just being a a minor role where he meets her while Gwen is abroad. It still wouldn't necessitate major screen time because Peter would still be dedicated to Gwen, but just as something to present the option. I could even see her being the interest of Harry at first, with her not reciprocating the same feelings.
03:29 PM on 12/04/12 
User Info.
blimpcityhero11
#WreckThisLeague
Akron, OH
Male - 26 Years Old
They seem to really go for people with solid acting chops for this series. It makes me intrigued to see who they'll go after for Norman Osborn. Initial rumors back with the first movie said they were looking at Christoph Waltz, which I would definitely be down with for the role.
07:37 AM on 12/10/12 
User Info.
blimpcityhero11
#WreckThisLeague
Akron, OH
Male - 26 Years Old
Christoph Waltz would be a grand slam-cast. If they were seriously considering this, they need to make this happen.

Yep. Time will tell. They've definitely gone for some great actors for roles. Reportedly, Fassbender was the first choice to play the Lizard, but he opted to star in First Class instead.
12:19 PM on 12/11/12 
User Info.
blimpcityhero11
#WreckThisLeague
Akron, OH
Male - 26 Years Old
According to Asim Ahmad, an actor/stuntman, he has signed on for a small role of Dr. Michael Morbius. Would be terrible casting if so, since the guy has no actual acting credits to his name. I sincerely hope they would look for someone with actual acting chops for such a potentially pivotal role.
04:43 PM on 12/11/12 
User Info.
blimpcityhero11
#WreckThisLeague
Akron, OH
Male - 26 Years Old
Well, nevermind. That was debunked, but having the character in the movie as a minor role would make sense. In the video game of the first movie, Morbius was hired as the lead biochemist behind the genetic engineering that created mixed breeds like Rhino.
06:46 PM on 01/22/13 
User Info.
blimpcityhero11
#WreckThisLeague
Akron, OH
Male - 26 Years Old
The scene was just way too over the top. There's a difference between having him play basketball and destroying the backboard. That was one of my biggest dislikes about the movie (Peter way too obviously Spiderman) along with the failure that was the Lizard.

Though I hated the design, I actually thought the Lizard was one of the better aspects of the story. The rest of the movie was my issue. Even Teen Wolf thought his basketball display was over-the-top. haha
07:15 PM on 01/22/13 
User Info.
blimpcityhero11
#WreckThisLeague
Akron, OH
Male - 26 Years Old
I hated how they never distinguished between Doc Connors being a good guy and the Lizard alter ego being the villain.

On another note, I've been watching the 90's Spiderman cartoon on Netfilx and it's awesome. No possible way they use its version of the Electro origin story though (relating it back to this movie). Really hoping they introduce Felicia Hardy and bring Black Cat in #3. With the romantic angle being a focus of the first one, I think it would be cool/fitting to show how Peter loves Mary Jane and Spidey loves Black Cat.

Yeah. I understand the complaint. I don't think it was perfect by any means. I would've preferred to see him lose himself to the predatory/animalistic side of the character before gradually gaining the ability to control himself as The Lizard. Again, this is another aspect that suffered due to the prolonged retelling of the origin.

As for Black Cat, I'd say that's probably not happening until at least a fourth film. Even if Gwen dies in the 2nd, I don't think it would make sense to have Black Cat and MJ as new love interests in the same movie. She should be a complication, not an option. I always thought Black Cat would play very well in a movie that featured the black suit though. Maybe further down the line, they could introduce Eddie Brock in the same movie as the black suit. (Peter's rivalry with Eddie and his subsequent downfall before becoming Venom was an aspect of Spider-Man 3 that I actually liked, but they poorly cast Eddie and rushed the story too quickly.) However, this time, I think they would be better served to end a movie with Eddie becoming the villain as a set-up for a sequel.
02:28 PM on 01/28/13 
User Info.
blimpcityhero11
#WreckThisLeague
Akron, OH
Male - 26 Years Old
I have no hope for this whatsoever. Disney, break out a blank check and get Spider-Man out of the hands of Sony.
09:55 PM on 01/28/13 
User Info.
blimpcityhero11
#WreckThisLeague
Akron, OH
Male - 26 Years Old
I love Felicity Jones, but she would be an awful Black Cat. She's probably Betty Brant or, if the rumors of sending Gwen to London a la the comics are true, just a friend/confidant of Gwen during her stay.
06:18 AM on 01/29/13 
User Info.
blimpcityhero11
#WreckThisLeague
Akron, OH
Male - 26 Years Old
Meaning she probably will be cast as Black Cat, hah.

Nah... She's probably going to play Kraven.
08:31 PM on 02/05/13 
User Info.
blimpcityhero11
#WreckThisLeague
Akron, OH
Male - 26 Years Old
Welp... Colm Feore is joining the cast in an unspecified role.

Also, the title is officially "The Amazing Spider-Man 2." haha
03:26 PM on 02/07/13 
User Info.
blimpcityhero11
#WreckThisLeague
Akron, OH
Male - 26 Years Old
Well, this could definitely be interesting to those who have read the Ultimate comics.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos