Username
Password
Video News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Video
Inside AP.net

Dave Grohl's Sound City Trailer

Posted by: Jack Appleby (12/04/12)
Watch the trailer for Dave Grohl's upcoming Sound City documentary in the replies - good luck spotting every famous musician. The film will debut at the 2013 Sundance Film Festival.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 25
02:50 PM on 12/04/12
Jack Appleby
___
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
02:50 PM on 12/04/12
Jack Appleby
___
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Pretty damn excited for this.
03:04 PM on 12/04/12
underdawg1119
fghtffyrdmns
User Info.
Can't wait to see this.
03:09 PM on 12/04/12
intheclouds
dreams to sleep
User Info.
dave grohl can do no wrong
03:14 PM on 12/04/12
cubsml34
A Class 3 KILLSTORM
User Info.
Hot damn this will be great
03:25 PM on 12/04/12
JTHomeslice
Your girl's favorite pizza boy
User Info.
There's something I love about Trent Reznor namedropping his own band.
03:29 PM on 12/04/12
ssbsts1988
Freelance Graphic Designer
User Info.
looks utterly fantastic, cannot wait to sit down, watch and learn about an incredibly important piece of music history.
03:33 PM on 12/04/12
serotoninzero
User Info.
There's something I love about Trent Reznor namedropping his own band.
Haha you could tell he was in the middle of a sentence and they used it. I'm super excited to see this now, mostly because I love seeing anything about Trent. Pretty excited about Tom Petty too.
03:50 PM on 12/04/12
abusedcat
Long Gone Before Daylight
User Info.
Growing up in the 90's, I always saw Sound City in liner notes and always wanted to record there when I was older. Shame that day won't come! Some of my favorite albums were laid to tape there.
04:20 PM on 12/04/12
_veges_
User Info.
Wasn't excited for this before, but that trailer made it look pretty awesome
04:23 PM on 12/04/12
DecemberFaded
Streets ahead.
User Info.
Growing up in the 90's, I always saw Sound City in liner notes and always wanted to record there when I was older. Shame that day won't come! Some of my favorite albums were laid to tape there.
spoiler alert! ha
05:16 PM on 12/04/12
mattjritter
USMNT ♦ AVFC
User Info.
awesome!
05:19 PM on 12/04/12
JTNMCSJEW
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Hopefully, many young bands will watch this, and learn something from it. I used to be in a band, and I love the recording process. There is something magical about seeing your hard work put together, and hearing it so clearly and vividly. Pro tools is a wonderful thing for small artists, but cutting it up in a computer makes things sound incredibly unnatural. Even if things are not pitch perfect, or even perfectly in time, it creates subtle nuances that tell you that it's a real band playing. You get better by playing the song until you can do it in your sleep. I hate the attitude of, "Oh i didn't play that quite right...... Its O.K. we have pro tools!". Its unbelievably lazy!!! Play it over again, or sing it again (Hint, Hint Auto Tune) until you get it right!!! If you cannot play well enough, practice. If you cannot sing well enough, take voice lessons, or don't be a singer. To all young bands; take some pride in what you do. If you use Pro Tools (which is completely taking over the music industry, and if I had my choice I would considering the cost effectiveness) then please resist the urge to cut it up to perfection. When you hear the difference it is liberating, and I guarantee you will have much more pride in what you create. Work hard and make it sound together by playing it over and over, don't play it once and use computer to make it "sound right". Make it "sound right" because you took the time to DO IT RIGHT.
05:34 PM on 12/04/12
The Old Black
User Info.
No Avatar Selected

It's in the trailer...
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music