Username
Password

Comments: Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 48
04:48 PM on 12/05/12
GeeBee
Tertium Non Datur
User Info.
Decent album, but ultimately ranks a distant 4th behind Hide Nothing.
06:09 PM on 12/05/12
SwedishHeat
back in the van
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Wow, read this review just to make sure my stereo didn't suck. Glad to see there actually is an issue with the production. I wonder if it was a mistake or if it was intentional.

I really do like the record, but it's just really hard to hear, the music kinds drowns out Chris' voice, it's just tough to listen to.
06:29 PM on 12/05/12
whispered east
ThisGlassEmbrace.bandcamp .com
User Info.
So glad to hear I'm not the only one that thought this record sounded like a bad mp3 download. I thought I was going crazy.
08:12 PM on 12/05/12
agl
User Info.
I actually find that the production doesn't distract me from the overall sound. I really just love the classic FSF sound, and this album sounds exactly the way I hoped it would. Some of the songs did take a few listens to get into, like "Way Down" and "Kings Canyon", but I ended up finding them enjoyable after a while. I've never really gotten into their slower songs over the years either, so tracks like "System of Symmetry" and "Janie" aren't my favorites, but even still, both those songs are technically and lyrically respectable. Stand out tracks to me were "So Cold", "Engines", "Rescue Trained", and "Staring Down The Sun". I do think I tried hard to like this album, more so than I usually do with new albums, but I honestly do love this album, so I think it worked out in the end for me. Great album.
08:19 PM on 12/05/12
ctigers92
I always could count on futures
User Info.
Love this album and it has grown on me a lot since its release. The imagery in the verses of Janie is perfect. But I don't know what the producer was thinking; the mix and compression are so bad on almost every song.
10:48 PM on 12/05/12
palebluedot
Give me all you've got now birds
User Info.
Since the awful production is a mandatory comment, is there any chance that this album gets reissued?
01:35 AM on 12/06/12
Fistigons
User Info.
I love at least a quarter of this album. There are songs on the album that make you feel something. It's a shame most of those songs are at the beginning.
01:39 AM on 12/06/12
NateFoundGlory
Why do you stay till you see blood?
User Info.
Honestly, the production kills it for me. The music, vocals, lyrics, and everything else are solid as hell, but I end up paying an excruciating amount of attention to how muddy the production sounds.
05:49 AM on 12/06/12
anamericangod
User Info.
Pretty good album but the production is horrendous.
06:33 AM on 12/06/12
Jacktheskipper
Coffeebreath & Heartache
User Info.
I really like the album and I am glad they are back, but production really really isn´t my cup of tea on this record ... remember when that happened to Samiam and a record full of great songs basically were ignored by fans because of it ... oh and to me this is a good record but also ranks 4th behind hide nothing ...
06:41 AM on 12/06/12
awakeohsleeper
We never met, you and I
User Info.
It's terrible to hear that a band of this calibre couldn't have production to match the quality of the music. I don't know why they didn't just stick to their previous producer rather than trying to produce it themselves. Especially when it's receiving such widespread condemnation. A shame.
12:41 PM on 12/08/12
StartAngry&Mad
Lets get these people moving faster
User Info.
Every time System of Symmetry comes on I have a double-take thinking it's a Receiving End of Sirens song.
The production doesn't infuriate me as much as it has others, although I do find his vocals to have too much effect in some songs, and the lyric repetition some have referred to starts to grate on me when listening to the album front-to-back. All in all, I'll take FSF over his DC stuff every time, so I'll make do with this.
02:54 PM on 12/09/12
SteveD
It won't snow where she is going.
User Info.
Way Down has to be one of my favorite tracks of the year. To say I love it is an understatement.

I love Chris Carrabba but I do however dislike the direction his voice is going. I miss the vulnerable old Dashboard voice. It's still very powerful though. It's just nitpicking.

Solid album in pretty much every aspect.
04:37 PM on 08/31/13
PetitnaindesÎles
We can gallop upon the sea...
User Info.
Most frustating album i've ever heard. I keep watching Engines/Rescue Trained's live versions now.
09:54 PM on 08/31/13
Zac Djamoos
fantasizing the sight of manhattan
User Info.
Most frustating album i've ever heard. I keep watching Engines/Rescue Trained's live versions now.

In what way is this album frustrating?

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version