Password

12:44 PM on 12/05/12 
User Info.
seymourbuttes
I'd do anything for a free t-shirt
Seattle
Male - 23 Years Old
Okay, this is going to be a long post.

I'm in this class and I have to do a report, a very important report worth a large percentage of my grade, on a group of people of my choice who, because it's an ad class, fit into a target demographic. So I pick musicians because it would be fun and easy to go to concerts and talk to people and do it that way, right? I decide I'll interview a handful of peeps and ask them questions related to buying instruments and guitar shop culture and whatnot. I go to three concerts and I can't get a single full interview. Two people agree to do the interview (across all three shows, two people) and even they got distracted and had to bail. So, with time running out, I decided to make up a large portion of the paper. Basically the part about me meeting people and interviewing them. Problem is, I need at least 6 or so contacts (names and numbers) to give to my professor because she's planning on calling everyone's interviewees. Oh. Shit. I turn in the paper and I'm now at my current situation - I'm telling the TA via email that I'm looking through my notes to find the contacts, but I'm having trouble finding them. So I asked her to give me one more day for me to get them and send to her. My professor said that not turning in the contacts will only result in a deduction of 5 points, but not interviewing anyone might result in expulsion. In other words, If I can't provide the names/numbers I'm in deep.

So, I was wondering if some people here would....

just kidding. I'm not putting anyone in that position.

But: Any advice? What would you do if you were in my shoes? Is there a creative solution to my dilemma that I'm not seeing? And some pity posts would be cool too.

Make 6 google voice numbers... That's what I do for references on my resume.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS
Mobile Version
Banners, Flyers, Widgets