AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

12:14 AM on 12/05/12 
User Info.
gfxtwin
Male - 29 Years Old
Okay, this is going to be a long post.

I'm in this class and I have to do a report, a very important report worth a large percentage of my grade, on a group of people of my choice who, because it's an ad class, fit into a target demographic. So I pick musicians because it would be fun and easy to go to concerts and talk to people and do it that way, right? I decide I'll interview a handful of peeps and ask them questions related to buying instruments and guitar shop culture and whatnot. I go to three concerts and I can't get a single full interview. Two people agree to do the interview (across all three shows, two people) and even they got distracted and had to bail. So, with time running out, I decided to make up a large portion of the paper. Basically the part about me meeting people and interviewing them. Problem is, I need at least 6 or so contacts (names and numbers) to give to my professor because she's planning on calling everyone's interviewees. Oh. Shit. I turn in the paper and I'm now at my current situation - I'm telling the TA via email that I'm looking through my notes to find the contacts, but I'm having trouble finding them. So I asked her to give me one more day for me to get them and send to her. My professor said that not turning in the contacts will only result in a deduction of 5 points, but not interviewing anyone might result in expulsion. In other words, If I can't provide the names/numbers I'm in deep.

So, I was wondering if some people here would....

just kidding. I'm not putting anyone in that position.

But: Any advice? What would you do if you were in my shoes? Is there a creative solution to my dilemma that I'm not seeing? And some pity posts would be cool too.
02:49 AM on 12/12/12 
User Info.
gfxtwin
Male - 29 Years Old
Looks like I'm in the clear!
06:41 AM on 12/12/12 
User Info.
gfxtwin
Male - 29 Years Old
I think I'll post my elaborate scheme since it seems to interest people whenever I tell them:

I created a thread on a messageboard with heavy traffic offering to pay $20 and two games or blurays (it was originally like $10 and a game, but I got desperate when time was running out) to any musician who can memorize the two pages of detailed info covering the scenario in my typed report as well as every kind of question my professor might ask should she call (all the way down to the color and design of my imaginary shirt). When a volunteer emerged, I made them change their voicemail greeting to the name of one of the people in my report. I told them how to act and to be natural so it doesn't sound like their recalling fake shit.

In the end my professor never called, but I don't care because I'm not getting expelled!

EDIT: and BTW, I want to make it clear that I'm NOT one of those students. I have a 3.5 GPA built on a foundation of hard work and being a good student and this is the first time I've ever done something like this. This semester has been extra stressful and several factors have made it difficult for me to manage time.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos