Username
Password
All Posts by User
Displaying user's 8 posts.
09:58 AM on 12/05/12
Jack Appleby
@JackMEB
User Info.
From the bandToday marks the hardest and most unfavorable decision we have ever had to make as an outfit as we must announce our departure from the current tour with Every Time I Die, The Chariot, and Kills And Thrills. Due to an inescapable issue that calls for our return home, we have been offered no alternative. Please understand this is the very last thing we would ever want, but truly, there is no other option for us at this point. We have already already begun planning to make up for our absence in the remaining regions and can assure you we will be back much sooner than you think. This goes without being said, but we'll say it anyway- go support these incredible bands. This is undoubtedly one of the most praiseworthy lineups to date. Thank you for you support and understanding. We will see you soon.
09:59 AM on 12/05/12
Jack Appleby
@JackMEB
User Info.
Really hope everything's alright within the band and with their families - really nice bunch of guys who deserve nothing but the best.
10:56 AM on 12/05/12
Jack Appleby
@JackMEB
User Info.
Onto an unrelated matter, the most disappointing thing about letlive is their tour choices. They seem to be a legit band that wants to be taken seriously, but then they'll go out on a tour with Falling in Reverse. It gives you a (good) reason to question them. Thankfully (and confusingly), they also get on quality tours like ETID/TC and Underoath/mwY/ACB.

I don't understand why this is "disappointing," especially when they are still on very respectable tours (like the ones you've mentioned). I definitely don't understand why it would affect how seriously you take the band.

If anything, we should all be proud and happy the band is on tours with Falling In Reverse, Woe Is Me and the like - how else do you expect them to get exposed to the masses? Yes, in an ideal world, they wouldn't have to associate themselves with those types, but I'm glad to see a band we all respect getting the chance to tour with "scene" bands and potentially earn new fans. Instead of being displeased, let's champion bands like letlive - because if they do well, maybe next time TWO "respectable" bands get brought on the tour package.
11:49 AM on 12/05/12
Jack Appleby
@JackMEB
User Info.
Ah, I see. That's weird to me, because the only reason I know that band exists is because their singer is an asshole.

Funny story about the only time I've seen letlive: they played acoustic on a sidestage at a festival. I talked to the singer afterwards and apparently they didn't know how it would work out, but took the spot anyway. Grind hard.
FIR sells ridiculously well with pre-teens and teens, especially female. I suspect a lot of their sales numbers have to do with appealing to a demo that has parents buying them music.
12:28 PM on 12/05/12
Jack Appleby
@JackMEB
User Info.
You are judged, and rightfully so, by those you associate with. Opening for or bringing out a band is a mark of endorsement, however large or small. You room with, share buses with, meals with, ideas with, and indeed much of your time with bands you tour with.

letlive can, and should, tour with whoever the fuck they want. However, there are better "appeal to the masses" bands than Falling in Reverse, and ones where you don't have to put your name next to a band full of guys who routinely show no respect to staff and fans. The sarcastic comments about managing them / knowing what's best for them financially are somewhat hilarious; obviously, you make more money playing for more popular bands. If it's all about the money, then, in most cases, your art suffers as you cater outward instead of inward. The best bands know this.

You guys are definitely right, though, I am constantly barking up the wrong tree about this. The tolerance for bullshit is at an alltime high. It's going to be nice when that inevitably snaps back.

1. Who is a better "appeal to the masses" band than Falling In Reverse? Their sales numbers eclipse every single band mentioned in this thread so far, including Underoath. I think FIR is scum, but your statement is incorrect. Taking a band with an extreme/rough style like Letlive and exposing them to larger audiences is a difficult task - FIR appeals to the Warped/hardcore demographic that would likely enjoy letlive. So stylistically, financially, and exposure-wise, who would be better?

2. Look at this thread - touring with bands that maybe aren't "respectable" doesn't seem to have hurt their reputation in the slightest.

3. it's not "all about money" - it's about exposure. You know that.

Again, I don't understand why we wouldn't all support them touring with those type of bands. Don't you want the fans of the bands you deem inappropriate or unworthy to be exposed to the bands you like? What better way for that to happen than the band opening for those acts?
12:52 PM on 12/05/12
Jack Appleby
@JackMEB
User Info.
they should at least let their audience know if its because of a conflict with another band on the tour...
I know this has been a theme with tour dropping the last few months, but really, it's RARELY because of band-to-band conflicts. Definitely don't assume that. Frankly, I can't even remember a tour drop that didn't involve either Falling In Reverse, Dance Gavin Dance, The Dangerous Summer, Blood On The Dance Floor or Brokencyde - I'm sure that's not the case with these bands.
01:10 PM on 12/05/12
Jack Appleby
@JackMEB
User Info.
Even though I'm a fan of both letlive and Enter Shikari, I skipped the FIR tour because the other bands didn't appeal to me. But I feel like letlive makes up for that by doing a lot of touring. They followed that up with the ETID tour and then the Underoath tour, so that naturally makes it better for their fans that don't like FIR (or I See Stars, who I'm not real familiar with). Enter Shikari has to fly overseas to do these things, so they can't tour here as much, but they'll be back.
The only one with DGD I can think of is the All-Stars Tour, which they didn't actually drop, just played as Secret Band after Jonny was kicked off.
Yeah, with DGD, it's more of "HEY SURPRISE JONNY AIN'T COMING" or "HEY WE BOOKED NATIONAL TOUR JONNY IN JAIL CANCELLED KTHANXBAI."
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS