kew d00d
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Fantastic analysis.
04:52 PM on 12/08/12
tomg1
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I disagree with this review. I for one really like all 3 of the albums they've put out. I like the loose feel they have, they don't sound as polished as anything Green Day have done since American Idiot. I love the countless guitar solos and riffs. Each album has at least 3/4 really good songs on, which these days is the same if not more than albums other bands put out.
12:01 AM on 12/09/12
Guypineapple
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I thought this album would have gotten around a 70% mark. Tre album is by far the best of the lot!
12:50 AM on 12/10/12
Fun Ghoul
Peacemaker
User Info.
This review is shit. Dos is a rock gem.
01:07 AM on 12/10/12
vivatoto56
Your wick won't burn away
User Info.
Lol...a rock gem
01:24 AM on 12/10/12
cshadows2887
User Info.
Good review, unsurprisingly.
07:57 AM on 12/10/12
FTank
Blank
User Info.
This review is shit. Dos is a rock gem.
That's why it's called opinion.
09:02 AM on 12/10/12
Craig Manning
Down in Jungleland
User Info.
I thought this album would have gotten around a 70% mark. Tre album is by far the best of the lot!

A 70%, in my mind, indicates a solid if unspectacular set that has a few gems, but fails to live up to its potential across the board. This album loses at least 10% off that mark just for having "Nightlife," and the other 10% for filling out the proceedings with boring or mediocre songs.

Good review, unsurprisingly.

Thanks, brother.
09:03 AM on 12/10/12
smelltheglove
youarealldumbemokids
User Info.
For the record, again, I think "Uno" is awesome and I don't understand how any long-term Green Day fan can be disappointed with it. Sure, "troublemaker" and "kill the DJ" are garbage, but the other 10 songs are all solid, very little filler, and it's throwback sound to somewhere between "nimrod" and "warning" is inviting after the grandeur and over-the-topness of 21st Century Breakdown, which was a way too obvious attempt at American Idiot part 2. I'm glad they didn't go for Amerian IDiot part 3 with this triology and instead went back to their late 90's sound, and their early 90's attitude and roots, and mixed it with a 60's pop/garage sound that works well for them.

But yea, "Dos" is bad. It's the forced 2nd chapter to what should have been an already-ambitious-enouhg double-album. It lacks cohesion and sounds like they put all the odds-n-ends of the uno,dos,tre sessions on it.

but it has some gems. "stray heart" is fantastic I think, easily the best song on the album. "stop when the red lights flash" and "lazy bones" also have a successful garage/pop/punk sound to them. "baby eyes" is fun as well, almost has a Misfits vibe to it, and it's fun to hear Billie Joe do a 2 minute fun catchy punk throwback, again after a couple of albums filled with piano ballads and long-ass song ideas.

"amy" is also very nice, I think Billie Joe has a McCartney-esque ear for enduring yet simple melodies.

but yea, it sucks compared to Uno. But i'm certain Tre is going to be great, and in the end we'll all agree this should be a double album and not triple, but so what? i'm 32, i've been listening to Green Day since i was 14, and they're still making good music and are still relevent to yet another generation of fans and are still moving units and writing hits, etc. That to me is awesome, i love their longevity and i don't expect everything they do to be A+ material or another iteration of American Idiot.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos