Username
Password

Comments: Page 5
Displaying posts 60 - 75 of 82
04:54 PM on 12/06/12
Big_Guy
Idle Will Kill
User Info.
I hope you enjoy living in your parents basement spending your time posting shitty comments on forums. Sounds like a pretty sweet life dude! #pathetic #youreafuckingdolt

I'm a dolt because I think poorly executed, juvenile pop punk is terrible? I guess I am a dolt then.

This is something Bowling For Soup would do. I suppose you like them too...
04:55 PM on 12/06/12
weirderthanu210
Love me
User Info.
Break Stuff is pretty fantastic
05:01 PM on 12/06/12
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
I'm a dolt because I think poorly executed, juvenile pop punk is terrible? I guess I am a dolt then.

This is something Bowling For Soup would do. I suppose you like them too...
Yep. The BFS/PP tour is legitimately one of the most entertaining shows I've been to in recent memory.
05:12 PM on 12/06/12
CoreyMadVillain
http://www.villainsltd.com
User Info.
Yep. The BFS/PP tour is legitimately one of the most entertaining shows I've been to in recent memory.
Don't you know that when you're in you 20's and you go to college, you have to start listening to really deep serious shit? There is absolutely no smiling or having fun involved in music once you start to mature. Also, Pop Punk is not allowed to be fun anymore.
05:16 PM on 12/06/12
Big_Guy
Idle Will Kill
User Info.

I had no idea they toured together. Seems fitting
05:26 PM on 12/06/12
mybreakingpoint
User Info.
Nathan, back from the dead. Long time, no see.
Haha I creep the news here every few days, but don't post often. How are you?
06:32 PM on 12/06/12
brianpaulie
User Info.
This is a good idea but I just can't get into this band, especially the singer. Four Year Strong did an excellent job with their 90s cover songs. This? Not so much..
09:13 PM on 12/06/12
schenksta
Derp.
User Info.
Why they would leave the "BREAK YOUR FUCKING FACE TONIGHT" out of Break Stuff is beyond me.
09:16 PM on 12/06/12
schenksta
Derp.
User Info.
Hey gang! Thank you for all the support on this cover album. The story behind the whole thing is we were so grateful for the support on the kickstarter for our album "Second Family" that we wanted to give something extra back to the kids who supported it. We had 11 extra hours in the studio on the last day of our "Second Family" sessions so we came up with this hair-brained scheme to do a bunch of songs from my favorite year of music, 1999, and give them away to all the Kickstarter supporters for free. Some of the songs sound pretty similar to the originals because there wasn't enough time to get in there and really get at them in a severe way. Almost all of the takes are first takes because there just wasn't enough time to track properly. To tell you the God's honest, most of the 11 hours were spent figuring out how to play the piano part of the "Break Stuff" ballad because none of us are piano players! We really hope you enjoy it as much as we enjoyed making it. It was a hilarious day of debating what songs to do. There were AT LEAST 3 verbal disagreements on whether or not we had enough time to do Mambo #5 and Genie In A Bottle!
There is an exclusive stream of our version of "All Star" over at http://villainsltd.com right now and the album is available on iTunes world-wide and all other major digital distributors.

NOTE: There is one song we recorded for this that did not make it to the album due to legal issues. We did a one song version of a certain pop-punk band's 1999 masterpiece where we rifle through EVERY SINGLE SONG on the album in just under 4 minutes. Due to the fact that it's 12 songs smooshed into one, we were not able to obtain the proper licensing for an official release. We are working on a way to get it out on the internet sometime in the next two weeks, so stay tuned for that!
We want to say thank you and we love you. We're on tour most of this month and will be headed back to the UK in the spring, hopefully we'll see you soon!
Still got love for the streets,
- Joe and the rest of Patent Pending!

As always, here are some notes about the comments I've read in this thread so far -
1. I (Joe) am the lead singer of Patent Pending. My brother Michael, left the band back in 2009 to start a new band called "This Good Robot." They are a completely different style than us and they are fucking awesome, please check them out if you have the time.
2. Whoever posted that video of the commercial my brother Robert did for that insurance company... nice! That shit is hilarious.
3. People who don't like the album and want to voice there opinion on this website - Everyone here at Patent Pending understands that our band is not for everyone. We respect your decision to dislike us and talk about it publicly. (I don't like Journey's later stuff... there, I SAID IT!) Just remember to be respectful to the kids who do like it. Take the music you love seriously, but remember not to take yourself too seriously. This scene has 1000's of bands and no one is supposed to like all of them. It's when we start attacking each other for the bands we like/dislike that this scene starts to die.
4. Seriously though, the world finally has a ballad version of Break Stuff. You're welcome.

What's with leaving out the "BREAK YOUR FUCKING FACE TONIGHT"!?!?
11:22 PM on 12/06/12
MikeYabs
We are the only friends we have
User Info.
that break stuff cover is brilliant. I love patent pending for the shit they do because they know better than to take things too seriously.
05:49 AM on 12/07/12
NewAgeofHorus
User Info.
Someone upload Break Stuff to YouTube
07:46 AM on 12/07/12
poppunkwayo
Registered Member
User Info.
smash mouth cover can be streamed here, peep it!

09:22 AM on 12/07/12
rocketcat
User Info.
This is awesome, put them on a 7"! I want.
10:07 AM on 12/07/12
badforcats1189
User Info.
Don't you know that when you're in you 20's and you go to college, you have to start listening to really deep serious shit? There is absolutely no smiling or having fun involved in music once you start to mature. Also, Pop Punk is not allowed to be fun anymore.
This is a true statement.
03:03 PM on 12/07/12
Coverbydesign
User Info.
Amazing stuff and the joking manner behind it came through loud and clear.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos