Username
Password
Drive Thru Records News - Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 72.
06:30 PM on 12/06/12
SilenceBrokenTT
Here I am alive...
User Info.
It's weird hearing about how the band didn't like Derek so much... really thought he was a good friend of theirs, at least it seemed so whenever I'd be around them.

points for whoever knows the guy in the background.
06:47 PM on 12/06/12
whatremains
User Info.
Never really heard gunz before but this was hard to listen, he laughs way too much. Kinda reminded me of those overly upbeat morning talk shows. Oh boy here comes the hate

I just wanted to know what the beef was with Derek

No I agree. It was awesome to hear an interview and get details of Finch but it was a LOT of laughing and "hell yeahs" in there. I appreciate the interview but the laughing and whatnot was distracting.

...and I'll still listen to Gunz. The interview subject probably did make it hard to stay on point. :)
06:50 PM on 12/06/12
whatremains
User Info.
the interview is interesting though, he talks about a lot of older bands and stuff. put a smile on my face because I hadn't thought about them in a while. Plus you gotta realize Finch was a band that like as I mention in the interview, was about 2 years too early for their time... that they inspired a lot of bands that ended up becoming bigger than them, which kinda sucks.

- Gunz

Word.
06:51 PM on 12/06/12
chrisstahl
chris
User Info.
In the interview he mentions how none of them had an older brother to look up to musically wise... I thought Nate's brother Matt (from the short-lived band Endor, which was amazing) was older.
I remember a post about Endor A LONG time ago and I remember listening to the song and freaking loving it. Only heard it once, I'm gonna check those myspace tunes and see if I recognize it.
06:53 PM on 12/06/12
Mattylikesfilms
If You Dig Up The Dead...
User Info.
Finch will probably always be one of my favorite bands so ill have to hear the beef with Derek. I knew they didn't like the guy so it'll be interesting to hear why. I'm guessing possibly a drinking problem? That seems to be the common problem band members have with each other.

-Mattz
07:03 PM on 12/06/12
mka12992
Is this darkness in you too?
User Info.
Christ, Gunz is harmless, people are fucking cunts. Holy shit.
07:06 PM on 12/06/12
newfoundglory00
User Info.
It's weird hearing about how the band didn't like Derek so much... really thought he was a good friend of theirs, at least it seemed so whenever I'd be around them.

guy in the back looks like the guitar player from Hoobastank...
07:41 PM on 12/06/12
SilenceBrokenTT
Here I am alive...
User Info.
I remember a post about Endor A LONG time ago and I remember listening to the song and freaking loving it. Only heard it once, I'm gonna check those myspace tunes and see if I recognize it.

I got the EP if you want it.

Also, the dude is the singer from Counterfit.
08:12 PM on 12/06/12
okide
User Info.
The reunion stuff starts around 17 mins in.

thanks.
- Gunz
Do you post any of these on iTunes? I want to be able to listen to some of these at work.
08:33 PM on 12/06/12
Greg
User Info.
I was extremely harsh on Gunz a few years back about a Punchline interview. But I gotta get his back here. I love that he basically just allowed Randy to talk and be himself. Gunz reacting to Randy by laughing and such makes it feel like a conversation and less of a question response type deal. That is awesome. He did a great job bringing back the focus when it was needed and allowed the discussion to grow and move around instead of stiffling insightful answers.

Great job on this one, Gunz. Keep on ballin'!
08:47 PM on 12/06/12
Holly HoX!
User Info.
Finch will probably always be one of my favorite bands so ill have to hear the beef with Derek. I knew they didn't like the guy so it'll be interesting to hear why. I'm guessing possibly a drinking problem? That seems to be the common problem band members have with each other.

-Mattz

For sure.

-Hollz
09:48 PM on 12/06/12
Joey-Wan Kenobi
fourth and goal
User Info.

Mhm.

-Oatz.
10:26 PM on 12/06/12
drewbaldy
phaynes1 sucks
User Info.
The 18 year old me is stoked for a What it is to Burn reunion tour. The 27 year old me hopes they don't play any of their other garbage music at these shows. Daryl Palumbo was the best part of this band.
10:49 PM on 12/06/12
Arry
apreeesh
User Info.

i might be completely wrong, but reggie?
10:50 PM on 12/06/12
Jake Denning
User Info.

Shane Told of Silverstein? I dunno, I'm looking pretty hard trying to figure out who it is.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests