Username
Password
Drive Thru Records News - Page 5
Displaying posts 60 - 72 of 72.
12:01 AM on 12/08/12
Mattylikesfilms
If You Dig Up The Dead...
User Info.
That is Marc Allen from Counterfeit, and now in Helen Earth Band. Great dude!

He also now drums for Weatherbox! Super talented dude.
01:51 PM on 12/08/12
topsecret
User Info.
That is Marc Allen from Counterfeit, and now in Helen Earth Band. Great dude!
Pretty sure that is actually Marc's brother Adam. Also from Counterfit & Helen Earth Band, but not Weatherbox.
05:56 PM on 12/08/12
Isolated
is awesome.
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
2 years later? Are you talking about The Used? I mean, what other bands got bigger playing the same music that came out two years later?

When Finch came out that was their time. That was where the scene was heading. IMO Finch, Tbs, brand new, fob, matchbook romance, Thursday, Hawthorne, etc etc all came out of the same scene at the same time. Music was awesome, MTV, Fuse, Much Music all played these guys and it was glorious. They came out the time that they should.

Interviewer wasn't as annoying as all you are saying. If he sounded as dead as R2k then you all would hate it, and it would seem unprofessional. I mean, he's not as uppity as Ryan Seacrest in the morning, that makes me want to kill myself and my dog.
Huh, why the Used mention? Their debut came out 1 month before What It Is To Burn came out, in 2002.
06:34 PM on 12/08/12
TorontoMatt
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Huh, why the Used mention? Their debut came out 1 month before What It Is To Burn came out, in 2002.

I just don't know what band(s) he's referring to.
11:04 PM on 12/08/12
mynameisgeneric
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Really good interview with Randy, glad he took the time to do it
10:40 AM on 12/10/12
Coughlin's Law
AnythingElseIsAlwaysSomet hingBetter
User Info.
I fucking love Counterfit, but I don't know if anyone here knows who they are aside from the fact that their drummer later was in Finch.

One of my favorite things about living in San Diego during the early 00's was getting to see Counterfit, Finch, Pinback and Reeve Oliver play lots of local shows. Counterfit's Super Amusement Machine for your Exciting Heart is still one of my favorite albums from that period to listen to. Another band that was here and gone in a flash, much too soon. Seeing Counterfit and Denver Harbor at the Casbah was one of my favorite shows ever. Those Allen brothers were always so cool to fans.
07:48 AM on 12/11/12
RIPFenixTX
User Info.
It's weird hearing about how the band didn't like Derek so much... really thought he was a good friend of theirs, at least it seemed so whenever I'd be around them.

points for whoever knows the guy in the background.
is that richard from drive thru?
08:02 AM on 12/11/12
SilenceBrokenTT
Here I am alive...
User Info.
It was/is the lead singer of Counterfit.
11:40 PM on 12/12/12
splitsecond
Augustine / Evan
User Info.
One of my favorite things about living in San Diego during the early 00's was getting to see Counterfit, Finch, Pinback and Reeve Oliver play lots of local shows. Counterfit's Super Amusement Machine for your Exciting Heart is still one of my favorite albums from that period to listen to. Another band that was here and gone in a flash, much too soon. Seeing Counterfit and Denver Harbor at the Casbah was one of my favorite shows ever. Those Allen brothers were always so cool to fans.
Love that album to death to this day. I think I found them because they were connected to Moneen on a tour somehow... or I found Moneen because they toured with them. I don't remember. I just remember buying the album online and the label sent me all sorts of goodies. I am sure they must have played in AZ a lot (Finch did) but I never got to see them. Also really liked Noise Ratchet from that area as well.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests