Username
Password

11:54 PM on 12/08/12 
User Info.
Dodge725
Roll Tide Roll
Tuscaloosa
Male - 22 Years Old
Ugh. Get ready for the same movie we had a few years ago since the origin film must be Dr. Doom.
10:47 AM on 02/05/14 
User Info.
Dodge725
Roll Tide Roll
Tuscaloosa
Male - 22 Years Old
I'm completely fine with changing Torch's race and actually think it would be more interesting because of it, but changing genders of the biggest villain in FF lore is too much.
11:08 AM on 02/05/14 
User Info.
Dodge725
Roll Tide Roll
Tuscaloosa
Male - 22 Years Old
It's unnecessary. my assumption is that changing Torch's race serves to make a point about adoption and the definition of family, which fits the FF very well. Changing Doom's gender, IMO, is just changing something to change something and be controversial. I'm fine with change as long as it serves a purpose more than just stirring up chatter. For instance, Bane's new origin story in TDKR was fine since it worked best in the plot. I just can't think of a good reason to change Doom's gender.
11:36 AM on 02/05/14 
User Info.
Dodge725
Roll Tide Roll
Tuscaloosa
Male - 22 Years Old
I can't think of a good reason not to. What is it about Dr. Doom's character that could not be easily portrayed by a woman?
I'm not saying it couldn't be portrayed by a woman. I'm saying there is no need to. When the lore is so strong, why change it? I understand wanting to do something different and shake things up but doing it because you can is stupid IMO, especially when fan response to the other rumors/details has been less than stellar to say the least. Maybe I'll be proven wrong and FemDoom will be awesome, but it's just a gimmick to me right now.
01:09 PM on 02/06/14 
User Info.
Dodge725
Roll Tide Roll
Tuscaloosa
Male - 22 Years Old
That email is one of the stupidest things I've ever scene and brought my faith in this movie to zero. How dumb and self conscious can you be Fox?

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos