Username
Password

10:43 AM on 12/08/12 
User Info.
Nyquist Theorem
See you in the funny papers
Farmington Hills, MI
Male - 29 Years Old
The reboot now has an official release date. March 6th, 2015. Josh Trank (Chronicle) is directing while Jeremy Slater and Michael Green will be writing.

http://screencrush.com/fantastic-fou...-release-date/
11:02 AM on 12/08/12 
User Info.
Nyquist Theorem
Farmington Hills, MI
Male - 29 Years Old
I'd like to see them pull it off. The last two were indeed bad. Besides, they'll keep trying with this stuff because

11:10 AM on 12/08/12 
User Info.
Nyquist Theorem
Farmington Hills, MI
Male - 29 Years Old
Had not checked the credentials yet, but yeah. He's written better stuff than that alongside Greg Berlanti in the past, so here's to hoping for the best.
08:08 PM on 02/06/14 
User Info.
Nyquist Theorem
Farmington Hills, MI
Male - 29 Years Old
lol at that email. Jason, I hope you let Fox know how very sorry we all are.
07:54 PM on 02/20/14 
User Info.
Nyquist Theorem
Farmington Hills, MI
Male - 29 Years Old
BUT U GHAIS

HE'S BLACK
01:53 PM on 03/09/14 
User Info.
Nyquist Theorem
Farmington Hills, MI
Male - 29 Years Old
I'd definitely be interested in seeing Miles Morales on the big screen, but I'd rather not have it come at the expense of Peter Parker's life.

Somehow I missed that Falcon would be in Captain America: The Winter Soldier so when I saw him in the trailer I was very excited. He was one of my favorite black superheroes growing up and I hope that one day his role expands into a film of his own.
02:41 PM on 03/14/14 
User Info.
Nyquist Theorem
Farmington Hills, MI
Male - 29 Years Old
Oh my god. Haha. Whelp.
10:55 AM on 08/07/15 
User Info.
Nyquist Theorem
Farmington Hills, MI
Male - 29 Years Old
I imagine that Trank's version was probably not good, but the movie does reek of studio interference and re-shoots. I mean, the main bit where The Thing falls from the plane/helicopter/whatever wasn't even in the movie and apparently characters names changed as re-shoots happened.
Wait really? Man. That was the trailer I kept seeing over and over in theaters too.
10:55 AM on 08/07/15 
User Info.
Nyquist Theorem
Farmington Hills, MI
Male - 29 Years Old
Was Trank's version finished before the reshoots? It'd be interesting to see a director's cut for this. Maybe they'll do one on DVD/Bluray to make more money back, lol.
I'd be interested to see it as well. I imagine it's probably akin to the Daredevil Director's Cut which was an entirely different film, but was still pretty bad.
11:42 AM on 08/07/15 
User Info.
Nyquist Theorem
Farmington Hills, MI
Male - 29 Years Old
Maybe I'm just really easy to please, but I liked a lot of stuff in Daredevil
Oh I did too. I own the director's cut and there are some aspects of the direction that I really do like. I'm not a fan of a lot of other stuff in there, but it is what it is. There's a "Man Without Fear" fan edit out there by a user called Uncanny Antman that's probably the best version I've seen.
06:11 PM on 08/07/15 
User Info.
Nyquist Theorem
Farmington Hills, MI
Male - 29 Years Old
Max Landis tweeted all of this last night (if you care what Max Landis has to say):

Quote:
HEY, it’s 1 AM. You know what, fuck it. Let’s be real here.
Chronicle was an incredibly rare and easy ride. I loved writing the script. I enjoyed our producer, John Davis, and our exec, Steve. I also loved collaborating with Josh, who I think is brilliant, and whose ideas inspired my script. I fought hard for him to direct. But Chronicle was a complete fluke. We had so much control because the movie was, in relation to other movies that year, TINY. Some holes opened up in Fox’s slate and Chronicle was cheap and unique, so they were kind enough to make it. Only took 6 months.

At the time, I was like “THIS IS FUCKING INCREDIBLE I CAN’T BELIEVE THIS IS HAPPENING.” I’d sold scripts, but it was my first greenlight. Josh, who’d been for-hire editor and whose only experience behind the camera had been a web series, was a smart, fun collaborator.

During the shooting of the film, I had almost no input, but I was lucky in that the studio and Josh stuck astonishingly tight to my script. But again, even this is a fluke. It was an original idea, a dark character movie with a first time director. Fluke. Freak of nature. But I didn’t know that and I’m sure Josh didn’t know that either. In the five years since I sold Chronicle, I’ve learned the hard way.

You take huge hits in this industry, creatively, but that’s only after you’ve been given the opportunity to take huge swings, which is rare. A movie like Fantastic Four, an assignment with a lot riding on it, was always going to have a tremendous amount of cooks in the kitchen. People always ask me when I’m gonna write a superhero movie. I have. I’ve gotten those jobs. They’re very intense and stressful.

As a writer, I’ve been lucky to work on many, many projects, and seen how different and how hard each road can be, for five and a half years. Josh didn’t get that chance, and his second major project, after one with total freedom, was one with intense oversight. So I don’t think anyone’s wrong or right, necessarily, and I don’t imagine anyone cares about my opinion. But I do think it’s important to say that if you’re not prepared going in to not FIGHT like hell, but WORK like hell, it’s gonna get ugly.

No one is trying to make a bad movie. This job is only very occasionally romantic. Don’t let it own you, try not to let it hurt you. Because sometimes it’s so much fucking fun. But it’s still a job.”
09:49 AM on 08/08/15 
User Info.
Nyquist Theorem
Farmington Hills, MI
Male - 29 Years Old
http://comicbook.com/2015/08/08/fant...ays-before-jo/

This movie fascinates me now.
08:41 AM on 08/18/15 
User Info.
Nyquist Theorem
Farmington Hills, MI
Male - 29 Years Old
Huh. I wonder if that has anything to do with the early rumors that this was going to be filmed in the found footage style like Chronicle.
12:33 PM on 08/19/15 
User Info.
Nyquist Theorem
Farmington Hills, MI
Male - 29 Years Old
Finally sat down to watch this and oh god what the hell just happened. It's all so true. The first 2/3 really do not match up at all with the final act and it barely even feels like a third act. Hell, it feels like the middle of the movie isn't even there. After the time jump things get pretty hairy, and the dialogue....wow.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos