Username
Password

07:05 AM on 12/09/12 
User Info.
caveBEAR
( ω )
Palm Coast, FL
Male - 27 Years Old
They should use Mole Man as the villian - Dr. Doom can be introduced without needing to be the main villian (again).
07:21 AM on 04/17/13 
User Info.
caveBEAR
( ω )
Palm Coast, FL
Male - 27 Years Old
I'm not a fan of how you casted the Storms, b-man. Maybe Johnny would be good. Claire for Sure though, bleh.
02:13 PM on 01/24/14 
User Info.
caveBEAR
( ω )
Palm Coast, FL
Male - 27 Years Old
From a casting call site where the film is set to shoot:

If this is true, fuck Fox so hard.

lol holy shit this movie is gonna make the first two F4 films look like classics
08:55 AM on 01/25/14 
User Info.
caveBEAR
( ω )
Palm Coast, FL
Male - 27 Years Old
Trank said synopsis isn't real. Let's hope not.

Also, people really are pissed off that Johnny Storm will be black.

I 'get' people being pissed - they could have made Reed black or (well, it would have been stupid since he turns orange and rocky) Ben black, and it wouldn't have changed the established dynamic that Sue and Johnny have always had.

However, as other people have noted, the Fantastic Four have always had that theme of family being stronger than blood, so to have the actual two family members not be genetically connected goes along with that wonderfully.
10:50 AM on 02/05/14 
User Info.
caveBEAR
( ω )
Palm Coast, FL
Male - 27 Years Old
I'm completely fine with changing Torch's race and actually think it would be more interesting because of it, but changing genders of the biggest villain in FF lore is too much.

why?
11:26 AM on 02/05/14 
User Info.
caveBEAR
( ω )
Palm Coast, FL
Male - 27 Years Old
It's unnecessary. my assumption is that changing Torch's race serves to make a point about adoption and the definition of family, which fits the FF very well. Changing Doom's gender, IMO, is just changing something to change something and be controversial. I'm fine with change as long as it serves a purpose more than just stirring up chatter. For instance, Bane's new origin story in TDKR was fine since it worked best in the plot. I just can't think of a good reason to change Doom's gender.

I can't think of a good reason not to. What is it about Dr. Doom's character that could not be easily portrayed by a woman?
03:19 PM on 02/05/14 
User Info.
caveBEAR
( ω )
Palm Coast, FL
Male - 27 Years Old
Yeah, that's kind of my point. Being white or being a male aren't defining characteristics of Doom or Storm or anything. But the characters, as they have been known for decades, are white and male respectively. So really, just create new characters.

I mean, if you make Kermit the Frog an Aardvark, he isn't Kermit the Frog anymore. He is Kermit the Aardvark. And seriously, fuck Kermit the Aardvark.

why can't kermit be an aardvark? what is it about kermit's character that makes you think an aardvark couldn't do it?
01:19 PM on 02/06/14 
User Info.
caveBEAR
( ω )
Palm Coast, FL
Male - 27 Years Old
Doctor Doom should remain the way he is the comic, if they want a female villain than choose another villain from the marvel universe.

How about Loki?
01:29 PM on 02/06/14 
User Info.
caveBEAR
( ω )
Palm Coast, FL
Male - 27 Years Old
Well, there is precedence for that. haha

oh, right. how about Ultron then?
01:46 PM on 02/06/14 
User Info.
caveBEAR
( ω )
Palm Coast, FL
Male - 27 Years Old
There's precedence for that too. hahaha

well shit.

how about mister sinister then?
02:05 PM on 02/06/14 
User Info.
caveBEAR
( ω )
Palm Coast, FL
Male - 27 Years Old
There's precedence for that too, albeit in a less direct way than the other two. haha

aaaah geez, you'd almost think i knew or something.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS
Mobile Version
Banners, Flyers, Widgets