Male - 23 Years Old
nothing, it was awesome.
06:00 PM on 12/09/12 
User Info.
iAMhollyood315
Rest is for the dead
Austin, TX
Male - 28 Years Old
I was always the kid that would like a girl and then find out she was fingered in the woods hammered at some party by some fat chode. but other than that, HS was pretty cool and i had some memorable times.
07:56 PM on 12/09/12 
User Info.
abbysmith
Que será será
Boston, MA
Female - 20 Years Old
I was always stressed about getting good grades so I could get into college and get scholarships
08:04 PM on 12/09/12 
User Info.
iamthealex
Meet me in Montauk.
Wiscompton
Male - 22 Years Old
Academics were the absolute least stressful parts of my life, although looking back I wish I would have put more effort into school.

Girlfriends and family matters were the source of most of my stress in high school. And acne.
08:13 PM on 12/09/12 
User Info.
Amongster
Still In Last Place
Illinois, USA
Female - 24 Years Old
I know you might not think it, but ones in high school labeled as "the jock" aren't living the easy life. I was a student athlete. I played all types of sports but wrestling was what I was best at. I was named All-Conference my junior year, so by the time I was a senior, there was so much pressure for me to achieve more. From my coach, from my teammates, from the students, and especially my old man. The pressure kept mounting and I just buried it deep inside. Then one day, I couldn't take it. I pulled a prank on another student. A prank I'm still to this day not proud of. I taped this kid Larry Lester's buns together. Thing is, I got caught. I had to spend an entire Saturday in detention at my school's library. And I felt bad about the whole thing. I mean, Larry didn't do anything to me. He was just a guy that hung out with the geeks at the school. But I targeted him because I believed he was the weaker one.
And the bizzare thing is that I did it for my old man. I tortured this poor kid because I wanted my old man to think that I was cool. He's always going off about how when he was in school and all the wild things he used to do. And I got the feeling that he was disappointed that I never cut loose on anyone, right? So I'm sitting in the lockeroom and I'm taping up my knee, and Larry's undressing a couple locker's down from me. And he's kinda, he's kinda skinny. Weak. And I started thinkin' about my father, and his attitude about, about weakness. And the next thing I knew, I jumped on top of him and started wailing on him. And my friends, they just laughed and cheered me on. And afterwards, when I'm sitting in Assistant Principal Vernon's office, all I could think about was Larry's father and Larry having to go home and explain what happened to him. And the humiliation... the fucking humiliation he must have felt. It must have been unreal. I mean, how... how do you apologize for something like that? There's no way. It's all because of me and my old man. God, I fucking hate him. He's like this mindless machine that I can't even relate to anymore.
My old man would say, "Jake, you've got to be number one! I won't tolerate any losers in this family! Your intensity is for shit! Win! Win! Win!"
You son of a bitch! You know, sometimes I wished my knee would give. And I wouldn't be able to wrestle anymore.
And he could forget all about me.

You gotta be fucking kidding me. Three pages and this went undetected as a monologue from The Breakfast Club. Jesus Christ.

The most stressful part about high school for me was trying to create and maintain friendships/ romantic relationships while attempting to suppress my traits of Asperger's Syndrome. It was a struggle. I didn't want to know anyone to know why I was different because I was afraid of the attitudes they'd have toward someone with a condition. If they simply thought I was weird, well, that was better than thinking I belonged with the short bus crowd.
09:16 PM on 12/09/12 
User Info.
ari telescope
kitties
Southern California
Female - 27 Years Old
Trying to balance my school, my social life, my family, and keeping my popstar persona a secret at the same time.
09:17 PM on 12/09/12 
User Info.
BuiltToFall
Charlotte, NC
Male - 24 Years Old
I had a hard time comprehending what I could achieve if I truly tapped my full potential. I was worried about what would become of me if I poured every ounce of my being into something and failed.
09:18 PM on 12/09/12 
User Info.
BuiltToFall
Charlotte, NC
Male - 24 Years Old
Trying to balance my school, my social life, my family, and keeping my popstar persona a secret at the same time.

Can I get that autograph Miley?
09:28 PM on 12/09/12 
User Info.
VampiresRevenge
particularly good finder
South Carolina
Female - 21 Years Old
I was worried that my secret of being a teen pop icon would be discovered and I wouldn't be able to live a normal life like all of the other teens.

There can only be one Miley.
09:44 PM on 12/09/12 
User Info.
zephyrsong12345
solitary WEASEL
The confusion that came with high school not being how it was in the movies.
03:05 AM on 12/10/12 
User Info.
miketheauthor
Dude
Arizona
Male - 22 Years Old
A lot of my friends got addicted to drugs in high school. The ones that aren't pretty flowers. And the ones who escaped their addictions joined the U.S. military which is almost as bad. Sm0ke w33d though, that's cool. In all honesty, I had a great time in high school. Like most of you, I had shitty girlfriends who didn't care about me, shitty friends who didn't care about me, and shitty teachers who didn't care about me. But I experienced a lot of great things, and I met a lot of great people in high school. Kids these days are fucking HIP to hating things, and being negative. Just enjoy the god damn surf. And stop believing in god. That's not helping anything either.
03:06 AM on 12/10/12 
User Info.
miketheauthor
Dude
Arizona
Male - 22 Years Old
I was always the kid that would like a girl and then find out she was fingered in the woods hammered at some party by some fat chode. but other than that, HS was pretty cool and i had some memorable times.

It was always in the woods....
09:01 AM on 12/10/12 
User Info.
TorontoMatt
No Avatar Selected
Turning into a werewolf was my biggest worry.
f*cking funny. thumbs up
09:03 AM on 12/10/12 
User Info.
TorontoMatt
No Avatar Selected
when i was a freshman i had it all. 2 girlfriends, a band of friends, and well...that's all I could ask for.

by the end of freshman year I was single, and my two best friends moved away. Never fully recovered.
09:08 AM on 12/10/12 
User Info.
allthruwinter
What do I stand for?
white plains, ny
Female - 29 Years Old
The worst part about HS for me was bullying. I was bullied by boys and girls, and mostly because I was really quiet, kept to myself and wasn't into a lot of things the other kids were at my school. I was called names because I was really skinny, I was almost on a daily basis accused of being a Satanist because I wore a lot of black, I got my books knocked out of my hands every day, I got spit on one time. It was atrocious. I understand more than anything why kids feel like they are about to give up on life when they have to deal with that shit on a daily basis, bullying is heinous and evil.

But HS doesn't last forever, and all of those kids that used to make my life hell are now hideous, gained about 50 pounds, lost their hair and have a bunch of unfathered kids. So fuck it.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos