AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

03:30 PM on 12/11/12 
User Info.
leftapart
Bay Area, CA
Male
Everything In Transit > Something Corporate > the remainder of Jack's Mannequin's catalogue.

Yes, yes, completely agree. I love Everything In Transit; it's one of my favorite albums. But I just can't get into most of Jack's Mannequins other material. As far as Something Corporate, I enjoy all of their albums, they're far more consistent than JM, but nothing tops Everything In Transit.
04:53 PM on 12/11/12 
User Info.
parawhore10
take apart your head.
Kent, OH
Female - 22 Years Old
Well, Paulb-182, it's probably because he's "earnestly desirous" or "eager" to see what everyone's responses will be so he can discuss it with his girlfriend (and likely to see if the collective consensus matches his own opinion).

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/anxious

Also, Jack's Mannequin is the right answer.
she** but yes that sounds about right.
08:41 PM on 12/11/12 
User Info.
tyler2tall147
Awesome
Minnesota
Male
Overall soco, but EIT in on par with the soco records for me
08:51 PM on 12/11/12 
User Info.
VampiresRevenge
particularly good finder
South Carolina
Female
SoCo is my favorite band, Jack's is my second favorite.
10:40 PM on 12/13/12 
User Info.
Kuri44
Bank
Austin, TX
Male - 23 Years Old
Jack's Mannequin. The Glass Passenger is the best album Andrew has made. I don't see him ever making another album that unique/rare again. It's a fucking gem. Haters, come at me!

The Glass Passenger > Everything In Transit > Leaving Through The Window > People and Things > North
10:14 AM on 12/15/12 
User Info.
CavanaughPark
Hey, I'm doing alright.
Arizona
Female
It depends on the day. I love SoCo for the nostalgia factor, but I take Jack's Mannequin seriously because the lyrics and songwriting on Andrew's newer albums are a lot more sophisticated. His music changes with time and I've grown older too so I'd probably have to say Jack's Mannequin at this point.

As far as favorite albums go it would have to be between Everything In Transit, Leaving Through The Window, and People and Things. Leaving Through the Window for good old times sake, Everything in Transit because it's so cohesive, and People and Things because I think it's still a masterpiece lyrically and musically. Overall I'd have to say I still have a soft spot for EIT, especially considering it's one of the only albums I own on vinyl.
10:53 AM on 12/15/12 
User Info.
iamthealex
Meet me in Montauk.
Wiscompton
Male - 22 Years Old
Jack's Mannequin. The Glass Passenger is the best album Andrew has made. I don't see him ever making another album that unique/rare again. It's a fucking gem. Haters, come at me!

The Glass Passenger > Everything In Transit > Leaving Through The Window > People and Things > North

Wrong. Not a bad record, but you're just wrong.
12:48 AM on 12/17/12 
User Info.
Kuri44
Bank
Austin, TX
Male - 23 Years Old
Wrong. Not a bad record, but you're just wrong.

I can understand why people may not like it and/or not find it to be his best. Personally, I love it the most just because of what it meant and what it stood for at the time. It was his first record after battling with cancer. It's really different from anything he's done and anything he will ever do. It has a lot of weird songs that I never thought he'd be capable of making. Just the fact that he never thought he'd be able to play music or even be alive really shows in that collection of songs.
12:53 AM on 12/17/12 
User Info.
irthesteve
All that wander are not lost
Southern California
Male - 26 Years Old
I can understand why people may not like it and/or not find it to be his best. Personally, I love it the most just because of what it meant and what it stood for at the time. It was his first record after battling with cancer. It's really different from anything he's done and anything he will ever do. It has a lot of weird songs that I never thought he'd be capable of making. Just the fact that he never thought he'd be able to play music or even be alive really shows in that collection of songs.
if Suicide Blonde and American Love were off the record, or replaced with two of the best B-sides... I'd agree, but those two alone kill the flow and keep it below EIT
01:05 PM on 12/17/12 
User Info.
rawesome
Listen to Dave Hause pls
Chicago
Male - 25 Years Old
if Suicide Blonde and American Love were off the record, or replaced with two of the best B-sides... I'd agree, but those two alone kill the flow and keep it below EIT

Totally. "American Love" is Andrew's worst song.
04:02 PM on 12/17/12 
User Info.
SilenceBrokenTT
Here I am alive...
Fort Bragg, NC
Male - 28 Years Old
SoCo... JM's debut album was and still is a favorite of mine, the last two LP's he came out with were terrible.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos