Album Review
Lucy T - Murphy's Law Album Cover

Lucy T - Murphy's Law

Reviewed by
Lucy T - Murphy's Law
Record Label: Unsigned
Release Date: 2012

Who?

Lucy T are an alternative rock band from Hampshire, UK. Members include Thom Palser on Vocals, Graham Carter on Bass/Vocals, Tom Eastman on Guitar, Greg Sidaway on Guitar/Vocals, and Ben Otley on Drums. Recorded with producer Matt O'Grady (Deaf Havana, You Me At Six), Murphy's Law is Lucy T's first EP.

How is it?

I'll admit that I knew nothing about this band upon my first listen, but I was blown away by the quality all around on Murphy's Law. Palsar's vocals fit perfectly over the excellent guitar work from Eastman and Sidaway. The breakdowns are tight and the drumming of Otley never skips a beat. The EP starts off with a bang with the track "Exertion", showing off the drumming of Otley. We are introduced to the vocals of Palsar, who has the perfect alternative rock voice, both powerful and polished. Everything feels very slick from the production side so each instrument really stands out. The middle of this song is really powerful with gang vocals leading right into the breakdown. It's a great introduction to the band and the potential they have to make it big in the alt UK scene.

The title track sounds like (and should be) a Top 40 Alt Rock hit. The chorus lets the entire band shine and while I'm not necessarily a fan of breakdowns, this one is well executed. The catchy chorus more than makes up for that. In the crowded genre of alternative rock, Lucy T are a tier above the rest with impressive vocals, crunching guitar riffs and solid production. Look for them to explode in 2013.

Recommended If You LikeFinch, Anberlin, Story of the Year, Alexisonfire, Hoobastank
This review is a user submitted review from hiddentrack. You can see all of hiddentrack's submitted reviews here.

No one has commented on this album review.
You can be the first.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version