AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
Random News - Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 163.
12:55 PM on 12/10/12
buckcheeks
User Info.
Not that it's anything close to emo(nor is most of the list) but out of these songs, "Radio" should be way higher than 28.
12:58 PM on 12/10/12
theHECKLER
User Info.
Calling people autistic as an insult is always cool.

It is an insult.
01:03 PM on 12/10/12
Dustin Harkins
Go support Kony 2012 some more
User Info.
Calling people autistic as an insult is always cool.
This. Seriously?
01:03 PM on 12/10/12
Austin Davis
god damn, this just feels right
User Info.
Like everyone else said... most of these aren't even actual emo but at least they got Sunny Day Real Estate, Get Up Kids, Further Seems Forever on there. Hawthorne Heights and My Chemical Romance? Give me a break.
01:05 PM on 12/10/12
The Summer Ends
COYS
User Info.
get a load of this website
01:07 PM on 12/10/12
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
Good list but this is basically "top songs that have been 'called emo at one point' and got radio play or mtv exposure. I really doubt there are that many taking back sunday fans that would classify makedamnsure over a lot of other songs mentioned. On an even more important none 1) glad to see a lot of jimmy eat world and 2) surprised none in the top 10. Good list but very commercialized list.
01:07 PM on 12/10/12
ACA
Next Show: Silverstein @ NYC 4/25
User Info.
If you look at this as "one hundred of the best alt-rock singles that generally fall under the umbrella of the mainstream definition of emo", it's as great list.

If you look at this expecting a precise list of the best songs by bands like Mineral and Rites of Spring, then you're clearly going to have a bad time.

Bitching about the precise definition of emo only makes you look like a moron who can't take things at anything more than face value. I would certainly disagree with some picks (Hawthorne Heights isn't the best at ANYTHING, hey, surprise surprise, my opinion), but it doesn't invalidate the entire list / idea.

Enjoy it for what it is, and maybe find some awesome songs you've never heard before. I've never heard Pretty Girls Make Graves - "Speakers Push the Air", but I like a bunch of other songs on this list, so maybe I'll find a new band to listen to.
01:08 PM on 12/10/12
Star Slight
User Info.
Ha
01:11 PM on 12/10/12
njdevils327
You know Craigslist? That's my list
User Info.

Please leave the Internet and never return.
01:14 PM on 12/10/12
15 Step
User Info.

"and then they said one armed scissor is emo LOL"
IceAge/HeatWave
it's never just the hefenrefer
User Info.
'Time Bomb' by the Dismemberment Plan is number 70. there have not been 69 better songs written PERIOD, let alone shitty pop-punk and "emo" songs.
troubledbyinsects
~
User Info.
Moronic. Had potential to be a good list. Lots of phenomenal bands mixed in with lots of utter bullshit.
01:16 PM on 12/10/12
get up kidd
I refuse to sink
User Info.
Its not THAT bad of a list.. Weird that out of all the get up kids song, the choose "Mass pike"....
01:17 PM on 12/10/12
loveisdead
Go Peyton Go
User Info.
Not sure how Best of Me by the Starting Line isn't on there. I don't get how Say Anything was completely omitted. And I sure as hell don't get how Helena ends up in the top spot. Or how Make Damn Sure is ahead of Cute Without the E. It's not the worst list ever, I just don't get some of the rankings and band omissions.
01:17 PM on 12/10/12
steve187
nah
User Info.
inb4 10 pages of arguments over what "real" emo is
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music