Username
Password
Recording News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Recording
Inside AP.net

Army of Freshmen Head Into the Studio

Posted by: Tony Pascarella (02/19/08)
Army of Freshmen will be heading into the studio this Friday to begin recording their fourth studio album with Jay Ruston, who produced the band's last record, Under the Radar. You can view the full myspace bulletin with details on recording and video journals in the replies.

Displaying posts 1 - 13 of 13
01:58 AM on 02/19/08
Tony Pascarella
User
User Info.
Myspace Bulletin from Army of Freshmen Friends of the Freshmen!

It's official.

ARMY OF FRESHMEN HEADS INTO THE STUDIO THIS FRIDAY TO BEGIN RECORDING OUR 4th RECORD!!!

That's right! We are about to start recording the most important album of our career and we are excited beyond belief.

Here's the basics- we're heading into a studio in Burbank, California for 10 straight days to record all the music for the record then we head to our producer's studio in Sherman Oaks, California to record all the vocals in March.

So what can we tell ya about the new record? Well it's going to be produced by Jay Ruston who also produced our last record, "Under The Radar". We've written 16 songs and are planning on recording 10 to 12 for the new record. We've also got to do some writing with friends in other bands which we'll tell ya about in the future… you'll be excited trust us!

We think it's the best material we've ever written and can't wait to put it down in the studio.

Now starting Friday- we're gonna try something new! For past records we've kept a journal but this time we're doing a video journal- along photos… every night for the first 10 days we're gonna post an update on the day's recordings and a little segment we're calling…

ASK AOF!?!

That's right ever night we'll be answering a few questions from YOU! What we need you to do is start leaving your questions to us in the comments section on our myspace. We'll pick a few every day to answer… ask about anything you want? The record, the band, the members, tour stories- anything and we'll answer our favorites every night starting Friday!

Lastly – thank you to everyone whose ordered the limited edition shirt so far- it's been an amazing response and remember the proceeds after printing, shipping and postage go towards our recording costs. It's hard being an independent band and trying to cover the massive recording costs but YOU our friends and fans make it all worthwhile. We're also taking donations as well if you'd like to help. Check out the last blog for all the information on ordering the shirts and helping us out. Remember shirts only around till March 1st! Order now!

Hope you're excited as we are… AOF is back in the studio!

Chris, Aaron, Owen, Dan, Kai, Mike
02:18 AM on 02/19/08
underdog217
underdog217
User Info.
gah i love this band. such a guilty pleasure. who could ever forget the suburban curse tour with lucky boys confusion where plain white t's opened for both bands. hahaha wow. i <3 AOF.

SPRING BREAK!
04:56 AM on 02/19/08
fredrico0012
Listen to Less Than Jake
User Info.
Someone should alert Wally.
05:02 AM on 02/19/08
I.O pt 2
User Info.
Only one band should have the title "under the radar" and thats grade
08:04 AM on 02/19/08
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
This band is so formulaic but still quite enjoyable
08:38 AM on 02/19/08
Jerzeyboy525
User Info.
i love AOF...such awesome nice guys and can definitely get a crowd jumping. If u have a chance to see them, go for it. You will be a fan. If not their music, their stage presence and personalities. Keep Rockin and Come Back To Jersey
09:47 AM on 02/19/08
TomFoolery
one time I went to the superbowl
User Info.
I saw this band open up for punchline and bowling for soup (i was dragged not by choice) and i really thought they were some band from disney or something. its like cheesy emo pop meets numetal. ahhh i hate it so much lol
10:11 AM on 02/19/08
John JD Dorian
walks amongst us, not one of us
User Info.
I saw this band open up for punchline and bowling for soup (i was dragged not by choice) and i really thought they were some band from disney or something. its like cheesy emo pop meets numetal. ahhh i hate it so much lol

i was at a show from the same tour (FOR PUNCHLINE). i thought the music kinda sucked, but i was impressed by some of their onstage antics. these guys were literally throwing huge keyboards all the way across the stage to their techs. i thought people were gonna die. also one of the singers seems to only do the rap-ish parts, and the rest of the time he just stands around awkwardly.
12:31 PM on 02/19/08
reissgoespunk
"Fuck Armageddon, this is Hell"
User Info.

Hahaha!
02:23 PM on 02/19/08
AbsoluteKarl
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
they maybe too poppish for some, but definitely fun. From their earlier album, I described their sound as Disney MainStreet Electrical parade meets pop punk.
08:56 PM on 02/20/08
Jaynicgurl
Free Flow Jazz Odyssey Enthusiast
User Info.
Haha...homies. =)

Wait....which Wally are you talking about?

Numetal? Are you kidding me? I mean, its cool if you don't like them, but describing them even slighty as "numetal" (or emo, at that matter) is the farthest thing AOF is.

i was at a show from the same tour (FOR PUNCHLINE). i thought the music kinda sucked, but i was impressed by some of their onstage antics. these guys were literally throwing huge keyboards all the way across the stage to their techs. i thought people were gonna die. also one of the singers seems to only do the rap-ish parts, and the rest of the time he just stands around awkwardly.
Hahaha awwww, Chris Jay doesn't stand around awkwardly (well someeeetimessss), but it's quite entertaining. Hahaha. He's a good guy.
01:41 PM on 02/21/08
Jerzeyboy525
User Info.

this coming from the guy with Sherwood, Plain White Ts and Hootie as well as Fall Out Boy listed in their fave bands...i guess you know all about those Disney bands huh? hah...and Lucky Boys Confusion was on that tour by the way.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests