Amelia (vocals, guitar) wrote a song about a mushroom growing out of her brain. She then thought of the name "Brain Flower" based on those lyrics for the band.
2. How did this band get started?
Amelia & Richie wanted to play some different stuff from their last bands. Started jamming on Brain Flower material. Tom (drums) who use to play in a band with Richie was recruited for drums, and Kristen (bass) answered a "musicians wanted" add.
3. What bands are you influenced by?
Mainly 90s indie rock stuff: Guided By Voices, Archers Of Loaf, Sonic Youth, My Bloody Valentine, Dinosaur Jr., Eric's Trip.
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?
Guided By Voices, Archers Of Loaf, Sonic Youth, My Bloody Valentine, Dinosaur Jr. These are "dream" tours for us.
5. Best food to eat on tour?
Any really. Depends on our mood.
6. Why should people listen to your band?
If you're into really well-written songs, girl/guy vocals, fuzzy bass, quircky guitars - we'd be something that would interest you.
7. If you could be any athlete, which athlete would you switch places with?
None us watch or like sports... sorry.
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
Mom & Dad!
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
We don't have time to list everything we'd wanna change. One thing would be exposing people to actual good music that's happening.
10. Memorable tour experience?
Long ferry rides to Vancouver Island.
11. What does AP.net mean to you?
Pretty cool punk rock community.
12. What is your favorite song to play?
13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
Anywhere warm and dry.
14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
Dad's record collection.
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
Being able to fly would be pretty cool, don't you think?!
16. Any pre-show superstitions or rituals?
Successfully bumming a bass amp off another band seems to be our pre show ritual.
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
18. What is your assessment of the current state of radio? Do you think it's a place where your band could flourish?
Radio sucks. We don't even think about it...unless its college radio! Then yes, we could totally flourish!