Username
Password
The Wonder Years News - Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 54.
02:54 PM on 12/11/12
EndlessPrisoner
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
The labels are basically printing money at this point. Aren't all of these songs on the 12" that No Sleep just announced?
Nope. None of these are.
03:04 PM on 12/11/12
more heart
Midtown Saves
User Info.
I can't believe people actually wanted these songs re-released.
03:10 PM on 12/11/12
lordchamberlain
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I can't believe people actually wanted these songs re-released.
i can, and it seems like run for cover does, too.
03:11 PM on 12/11/12
berniemac1234
User Info.
Can't believe people really are blasting TWY and labels for this...
03:23 PM on 12/11/12
j1887m
J1887M
User Info.
Hell yeah, I picked up the blue. I'll stick with my clear copy of the upsides though.
03:45 PM on 12/11/12
stonecoldfox
You can't afford to live like this
User Info.
The only song I really want to have on vinyl is "I Was Scared...." with the free shipping code, $6 isn't that bad for this. I'll probably cave when I get paid next week.
03:57 PM on 12/11/12
TSTLSOOM
Hayley > Hayley
User Info.
The only song I really want to have on vinyl is "I Was Scared...." with the free shipping code, $6 isn't that bad for this. I'll probably cave when I get paid next week.
free shipping code??
03:59 PM on 12/11/12
The_Effort
User Info.
Ordered. This is cool. Idk why anyone is complaining. If you don't want it, don't buy it. People who do want it will. It's that simple.
04:06 PM on 12/11/12
frenchatticus
"Capitalism is killing music."
User Info.
Yeah, I'm not sure why anyone is complaining either. I mean when I first saw the re-release I hoped it would contain the bonus tracks from the deluxe (that are some of the best Wonder Years tracks that exist), but it makes sense why RFC might not have been able to. Honestly I thought it was wishful thinking that something like this would happen, and I'm just glad it did. Sounds cheesy but it's almost like a dream come true :p
04:18 PM on 12/11/12
Soupy
User Info.
Photo is the house Upsides was written in. Also, Jeff just tore this place up.
04:23 PM on 12/11/12
Fourchordwonder
This whole thing was unstoppable
User Info.
I guess I've been singing "I Was Scared and I'm Sorry" wrong this whole time because I always thought that lyric was "the house on Manson Street."

Did I just overlook a release date for the 7", or has RFC given up on putting a release date on vinyl because of all the pressing plant delays recently? I definitely wouldn't blame them.
04:27 PM on 12/11/12
Jaytothesyg
The Greatest Generation
User Info.
This band just keeps making me spend money

Been waiting a long time for this!
04:28 PM on 12/11/12
thisisntworking
Run for Cover Records
User Info.
I guess I've been singing "I Was Scared and I'm Sorry" wrong this whole time because I always thought that lyric was "the house on Manson Street."

Did I just overlook a release date for the 7", or has RFC given up on putting a release date on vinyl because of all the pressing plant delays recently? I definitely wouldn't blame them.
We expect these to be in hand late January. We approved tests for Manton St. A few weeks ago, and the Upsides is just a repress so both should be relatively painless, but with the holidays and how backed up plants are, who knows. Either way it will be somewhere close to that time frame for sure.
04:34 PM on 12/11/12
Fourchordwonder
This whole thing was unstoppable
User Info.
We expect these to be in hand late January. We approved tests for Manton St. A few weeks ago, and the Upsides is just a repress so both should be relatively painless, but with the holidays and how backed up plants are, who knows. Either way it will be somewhere close to that time frame for sure.
Thanks for the info! It honestly wouldn't bother me at all if an announced release date got delayed - I follow enough releases to pretty much expect it at this point - I just found it a slightly humorous and possibly ingenious way to avoid complaints about late records by never announcing a release date at all.
04:43 PM on 12/11/12
Cøltøn
User Info.
Can't believe people really are blasting TWY and labels for this...
I know, right? Because, as fans, we are totally obliged to purchase EVERY SINGLE release a band puts out.

I think this is cool.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News