AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Comments: Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 54
04:50 PM on 12/11/12
seventwenty3
User Info.
First of all, the band isn't doing this, it's their labels.

Secondly, we are not sucking you dry by making previously released music available on vinyl. In fact, the only reason this DOES exist is because it was requested so frequently from fans. Already paid for it in one form? COOL, don't buy it again. Illegally downloaded the bonus tracks from the Upsides because they weren't available on vinyl, but now they are? COOL, buy the 7" if thats what floats your boat.

There is literally nothing to complain about regarding this 7". Its simply for fans who want those 4 songs on vinyl.
Hey man, the freeshippingusa code doesn't have a money requirement in the email, but it says $25 or more on the site. Is that a screw up, or is that correct?
04:59 PM on 12/11/12
thisisntworking
Run for Cover Records
User Info.
Nah I was trying to get a million things done when making that newsletter and forgot to include that bit, I apologize. The minimum order for free shipping is $25.
05:16 PM on 12/11/12
sirensongofra
User Info.
Stoked to get this Manton Street 7", I love these songs and would love to have them on vinyl.

I think that the order information wasnt quite completed though haha

Checkout Success Sample Text ...
A few words about the approximate shipping time or your processing policy would be put here.
This section of text is from the Define Pages Editor located under Tools in the Admin.
05:22 PM on 12/11/12
EastCoastVans
oh, common life
User Info.
Definitely a crucial pick up for TWY fans. I've been dying to see this happen for a long time now, and I couldn't be happier. Agreed with others, worth it for I Was Scared And I'm Sorry alone.

Temped to pick up the next press of The Upsides for collection's sake, but I reeeeaaaaaaaalllly don't like that "Safety Green" color, which is the only one available right now. Hoping I'll be able to snatch up the other variant when it goes up on HT.
05:36 PM on 12/11/12
rollerman4221
Woof!
User Info.
Happy to finally pick up The Upsides
05:56 PM on 12/11/12
BlinkAvAfan21
She calls it a mayonegg.
User Info.
Logan circle (a new hope) is still one of my favorite songs of all time.
06:37 PM on 12/11/12
poppunkwayo
Registered Member
User Info.
how long are they going to suck the life out of the upsides? i mean they didn't even let it set into their fans enough before a year and a half later putting out suburbia which wasn't as good as the upsides imo.
07:30 PM on 12/11/12
Fourchordwonder
Love was a war worth fighting.
User Info.
how long are they going to suck the life out of the upsides? i mean they didn't even let it set into their fans enough before a year and a half later putting out suburbia which wasn't as good as the upsides imo.
I'm confused by this post. Has the Upsides worn out its welcome or did they not give it enough room to breathe?

Regardless, this band has put out two spectacular records (with Suburbia the better one, in my opinion).
07:42 PM on 12/11/12
Xiegfried
Reconnect This
User Info.
I need to get this. Hoping my check comes in the mail tomorrow.
07:46 PM on 12/11/12
lordchamberlain
User Info.
No Avatar Selected

i got plenty from the upsides before it came out. what does that even mean? i think the upsides is better than suburbia, BUT a year and a half between albums is basically standard operating procedure these days. they toured on won't be pathetic forever and distances for a long fucking time before putting out the upsides, so i don't know if you expected them to tour for another two and a half years before putting out suburbia. and the band isn't sucking the life out of the upsides, the labels are.

there will be plenty of people who will hear of the wonder years for the first time after they release their next album, and they will want to buy the upsides on vinyl. it is perfectly acceptable for a label to repress the upsides if the demand is still there, as evidenced by resale prices on secondhand websites such as ebay or discogs. suck the life out of it? really?
08:23 PM on 12/11/12
wtfjaked
Tortoise Tamer
User Info.
Hm.. Definitely will be getting the Upsides this time around. I don't know about the EP. I JUST preordered another LP from them.
10:48 PM on 12/11/12
nickthehick2
King of France
User Info.
They really do release a lot of stuff, that I can see as pointless. I suppose it is worth the 6 dollars though.

I've gotten to the point where I've listened to this band so much that they are hardly enjoyable anymore. I'm also displeased with the fact that they could care less about Get Stoked On It when there are a great number of fans who enjoy it for what it is and would love to hear some of the songs played live.
12:07 AM on 12/12/12
xBranx
Brandon Pagano / Handguns
User Info.
I love TWY. I mean, I really love them. But goddamn dude. They're sucking their fans dry with all this random stuff.

Just because you're seeing these go up doesn't mean the band is all for them.
12:34 AM on 12/12/12
cassidydalton
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
so many people butt hurt over this, its simple, buy it or not. don't bash no sleep and RFC, these labels are just trying to make fans happy and do things a little different. i support this and love vinyl. stoked for my copy. try and name other labels/bands doing cool things like this.. relax
07:55 AM on 12/12/12
EastCoastKid20
User Info.
Just because you're seeing these go up doesn't mean the band is all for them.

They're making money off of them just like everyone else.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos