Username
Password
Purevolume News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Purevolume
Inside AP.net

PureVolume Presents: Jamestown Story Album Stream

Posted by: Drew Beringer (12/11/12)
PureVolume is exclusively streaming the new Jamestown Story album Show Me Tomorrow here.

Submitted by scissrmetmbr

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 25
04:05 PM on 12/11/12
YOUAREtehSCENE
User Info.
guy isn't going anywhere his music sucks so badly, just checked it out.. I didn't know that genre was so big still!?
04:57 PM on 12/11/12
jamestownstory
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Don't hold back your opinion or anything pal! But thanks for taking the time to check out the record!
05:15 PM on 12/11/12
Kieren Smith
music n shit
User Info.
guy isn't going anywhere his music sucks so badly, just checked it out.. I didn't know that genre was so big still!?
Dear YOUAREtehSCENE,

Granted I wasn't surprised seeing a comment like this on absolutepunk.net, your insult, although your own and which you are totally entitled to have, is completely uneducated and unsupported. I am not trying to fuel the small little fire which you may or may not have started by bashing somebody you know nothing about, I am simply writing to point out your ignorance, which is a prime example of what makes absolutepunk.net completely unbearable to read sometimes.

I have known Dane (Jamestown Story) for about eight years now. I have watched him work his ass off and stick to something he started when he was 18 years old. He has been through many obstacles and stuck with it when 99% of musicians would have thrown in the towel and gone on to other things.

Please see below as to why your above comment doesn't hold water and has no place on this thread as it contributes nothing of merit to music, this website, or the reader's time.

1. "guy isn't going anywhere his music sucks so badly"

If you would have taken more than five seconds to check this out, you could have dug around on the internet and found that Jamestown Story has been one of the largest independent artists online in the last 10 years, just look at the hits/play counts. His songs have also been featured on countless television shows on MTV, VH1, and even non cable television such as the Dr. Phil show. If you knew anything about the music industry, it is that television and commercial syncs pay very well. So when you say it "isn't going anywhere" you are completely wrong. Dane has sold more records and had more commercial success than 99% of signed artists in the "scene" or that are around his level.

2. "just checked it out.."

Just curious, did you listen to more than one song? He has over 6 albums you can check out. As most educated music listeners are aware, sometimes artists will have a song or even an entire album that may be unappealing when the rest of their catalog might prove otherwise.

3. "I didn't know that genre was so big still!?"

Hmmm... Acoustic singer-songwriter isn't a big genre? Are you kidding me? Have you looked at the top 40 or Hot AC charts within the last 2 years? Outside of hip-hop and pop, singer-songwriters DOMINATE popular music. Although you could consider it "emo" you can't tell me T-Swifts songs aren't emotional, so don't even try to throw that term around, it means nothing.

In conclusion...

Bottom line is, your comment is what is so fucked up about this website, music blogs, and the internet in general. You took a quick listen and immediately made an effort to anonymously bash somebody using an uneducated opinion. You are 100% entitled to your own opinion. I will not deny you or anybody that, but seriously dude; if you want to critique music, do your homework.

ALSO - I checked out your profile, correct me if I am wrong, but do you seriously run a website that requires a donation so kids can illegally download records? If I am mistaken, please let me know. But if I am not, the fact that you support such a website, and then come on here and bash a hardworking independent musician is so ass-backwards and wrong that you should be ashamed of yourself.

Kieren Smith
05:26 PM on 12/11/12
bobsheiskawy
www.facebook.com/misewell
User Info.
fuck yeah kieren smith.
05:30 PM on 12/11/12
bobsheiskawy
www.facebook.com/misewell
User Info.
furthermore:
05:34 PM on 12/11/12
all time (joe)
you are what you do
User Info.
Dear YOUAREtehSCENE,

Granted I wasn't surprised seeing a comment like this on absolutepunk.net, your insult, although your own and which you are totally entitled to have, is completely uneducated and unsupported. I am not trying to fuel the small little fire which you may or may not have started by bashing somebody you know nothing about, I am simply writing to point out your ignorance, which is a prime example of what makes absolutepunk.net completely unbearable to read sometimes.

I have known Dane (Jamestown Story) for about eight years now. I have watched him work his ass off and stick to something he started when he was 18 years old. He has been through many obstacles and stuck with it when 99% of musicians would have thrown in the towel and gone on to other things.

Please see below as to why your above comment doesn't hold water and has no place on this thread as it contributes nothing of merit to music, this website, or the reader's time.

1. "guy isn't going anywhere his music sucks so badly"

If you would have taken more than five seconds to check this out, you could have dug around on the internet and found that Jamestown Story has been one of the largest independent artists online in the last 10 years, just look at the hits/play counts. His songs have also been featured on countless television shows on MTV, VH1, and even non cable television such as the Dr. Phil show. If you knew anything about the music industry, it is that television and commercial syncs pay very well. So when you say it "isn't going anywhere" you are completely wrong. Dane has sold more records and had more commercial success than 99% of signed artists in the "scene" or that are around his level.

2. "just checked it out.."

Just curious, did you listen to more than one song? He has over 6 albums you can check out. As most educated music listeners are aware, sometimes artists will have a song or even an entire album that may be unappealing when the rest of their catalog might prove otherwise.

3. "I didn't know that genre was so big still!?"

Hmmm... Acoustic singer-songwriter isn't a big genre? Are you kidding me? Have you looked at the top 40 or Hot AC charts within the last 2 years? Outside of hip-hop and pop, singer-songwriters DOMINATE popular music. Although you could consider it "emo" you can't tell me T-Swifts songs aren't emotional, so don't even try to throw that term around, it means nothing.

In conclusion...

Bottom line is, your comment is what is so fucked up about this website, music blogs, and the internet in general. You took a quick listen and immediately made an effort to anonymously bash somebody using an uneducated opinion. You are 100% entitled to your own opinion. I will not deny you or anybody that, but seriously dude; if you want to critique music, do your homework.

ALSO - I checked out your profile, correct me if I am wrong, but do you seriously run a website that requires a donation so kids can illegally download records? If I am mistaken, please let me know. But if I am not, the fact that you support such a website, and then come on here and bash a hardworking independent musician is so ass-backwards and wrong that you should be ashamed of yourself.

Kieren Smith
BOOM, ROASTED!
05:34 PM on 12/11/12
jamestownstory
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Kieren Smith is my god. #thanksbuddy!

And thank you to everyone who takes the time to check out this album! I truly appreciate the support!
05:53 PM on 12/11/12
jamestownstory
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
hahahaha that was a good read

also, do band members just check ap.net whenever they do something significant? cause they always seem to appear out of nowhere in threads about their band. honestly just wondering.

anyways I've always enjoyed Jamestown Story in the past. interested to hear this.
Thanks a lot for the support my friend! I'm actually on AP 2-3 times a day haha. Sometimes I post under this account, other times it's under my personal one. I do like to come on here and thank people for their support when I get posts though cause I very much appreciate it!
06:01 PM on 12/11/12
njdevils8930
User Info.
Used to listen to him a lot in HS, glad to see he's still around doing his thing!
07:08 PM on 12/11/12
j'aime_lacey
Lacey Caroline
User Info.
I have been a fan of everything Dane Schmidt has touched since I was 14 years old with "and then I turned seven". I will always listen to anything he puts out and I will always enjoy it no matter what.
08:24 PM on 12/11/12
jamestownstory
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Used to listen to him a lot in HS, glad to see he's still around doing his thing!
Thanks a ton man! Definitely take a second to check out the new tunes! Would love to hear what you think!
08:25 PM on 12/11/12
jamestownstory
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I have been a fan of everything Dane Schmidt has touched since I was 14 years old with "and then I turned seven". I will always listen to anything he puts out and I will always enjoy it no matter what.
You are one of those people who I'm pretty much forever in debt to. You really have no idea how much I appreciate you supporting my music through years...so thank you from the bottom of my heart. I truly appreciate it!
08:33 PM on 12/11/12
theonethingihav
User Info.
I've been hooked since I first heard "under the stars"! I cant wait to check this album out and add it to my collection of my other awesome JS albums! =)
08:37 PM on 12/11/12
crusaderr
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
and now i'm about to throw on their very first CD........ such solid tunes
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music