Password

10:32 PM on 12/12/12 
User Info.
Jake Jenkins
dont talk to me
St. Louis, MO
Male - 22 Years Old
Staff Member
i just dont understand why this kid posting his blog is okay and everyone giving their own opinion on said blog is not.
10:34 PM on 12/12/12 
User Info.
Theseventhson
NY
Male - 22 Years Old
I don't like you guys so my posts are terrible. Get over yourself.

No, it has more to do with the way you portray everyone else as being these terrible people or whatever yet you yourself are just incredibly condescending.
10:34 PM on 12/12/12 
User Info.
Star Slight
Quaddddy p
10:35 PM on 12/12/12 
User Info.
Ryan Dennehy
Staff Member

And, learn to read correctly. I didn't say other bands didn't work hard; I said that there are more people you have to go through in order to be able to chart. Gaslight didn't do anything different that many other bands do, so it was nice that it charted.

???? what does this mean? what did gaslight do/not do??? you made a point of saying their chart position was from "pure hard work" in contrast to the other bands on the chart. i can read very well, you just can't write. there's a difference.
10:35 PM on 12/12/12 
User Info.
Manufactured Dreams
Fabricated Revolution
Philadelphia
Female
"You all" implies I am a part of this imaginary clique of people you're talking about, which I'm not.

And Lupe deserves to be shit on. Especially "Bitch Bad". At least Chief Keef and 2 Chainz don't have any pretensions to be great auteurs or socially conscious. Lupe tries to be, and fails miserably, and the songs don't even sound good. He's bad.

You are.

I don't care what you think about Lupe. I will say that he says things that need to be said about the state of the black community. But of course what does a white kid care about that? Chief Keef thinks that the murder of a 17 year old boy in Chicago is funny and goes on twitter to joke about it. That's ok though because he has Kanye's seal of approval. Carry on.
10:36 PM on 12/12/12 
User Info.
Manufactured Dreams
Fabricated Revolution
Philadelphia
Female
No, it has more to do with the way you portray everyone else as being these terrible people or whatever yet you yourself are just incredibly condescending.

I'm condescending? Coming from you that's hilarious.
10:37 PM on 12/12/12 
User Info.
thisisadisaster
RICK FROM ALABAMA
Male - 27 Years Old
chief keef is ok because he is all like a fart ***** thats that shit i dont like
10:38 PM on 12/12/12 
User Info.
Manufactured Dreams
Fabricated Revolution
Philadelphia
Female
i just dont understand why this kid posting his blog is okay and everyone giving their own opinion on said blog is not.

Stating they disagree and why is one thing but they're just ganging up and being mean.
10:39 PM on 12/12/12 
User Info.
thesafeword
-
Portland, OR
Male
i am being mean to that dumbass lupe fiasco not internet blog kid #628401135
10:39 PM on 12/12/12 
User Info.
Ryan Dennehy
Staff Member
You are.

I don't care what you think about Lupe. I will say that he says things that need to be said about the state of the black community. But of course what does a white kid care about that? Chief Keef thinks that the murder of a 17 year old boy in Chicago is funny and goes on twitter to joke about it. That's ok though because he has Kanye's seal of approval. Carry on.
bro i don't talk to any of those guys except soph so why don't you step off.

LOL. My problem with Lupe is that while I appreciate what he's trying to say about the state of the black community, he says them horribly - both from a technical rap standpoint and from a critical analysis standpoint. I wrote a paper about "Bitch Bad" for my sociology course, and I'm in the process of writing one about the socialization of the black community to misogyny, homophobia, and violence through hip hop. I do care. Hip Hop and race relations are things I am very passionate about and I'm likely seeking a degree relating to race and ethnic studies. Fuck off. You don't know shit.
10:40 PM on 12/12/12 
User Info.
Jake Jenkins
dont talk to me
St. Louis, MO
Male - 22 Years Old
Staff Member
Stating they disagree and why is one thing but they're just ganging up and being mean.
i think you're just seeing what you want to see. no one has personally attacked this kid. just the music he likes. huge difference. are people not allowed to express distaste in certain music?
10:40 PM on 12/12/12 
User Info.
Colorblind!
lord top button
London, ON
Male - 22 Years Old

ITT: kid makes his own thread because he thinks his opinions warrant one, is shocked and offended when ppl don't love 45
10:41 PM on 12/12/12 
User Info.
thesafeword
-
Portland, OR
Male
q is just bad that lil b is the #1 bitch and that she fucking sucks at everything she does
User Info.
Star Slight
Chappys got a hood pass
User Info.
Ryan Dennehy
Staff Member
I'm also unappreciative of your assumption that I'm white.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos