Ocarina of Time

Ocarina is crazy overrated, for real.
09:29 AM on 12/14/12 
User Info.
StepsInADance
taeyeonlogic.tumblr.com
Miami Fl
Male - 21 Years Old
Anybody saying it ALTTP is the best needs to take those nostalgia goggle off, it's a good game, but it doesn't even begin to compare with the later console games.
01:52 PM on 12/14/12 
User Info.
StepsInADance
taeyeonlogic.tumblr.com
Miami Fl
Male - 21 Years Old
First Zelda game I played was OoT. I played Wind Waker around the same time, can't say which I played first but my first experience with ALTTP was on the GBA.

A Link to the Past is a superior game, IMO. It's structured wonderfully, it properly rewards exploration, making the player find every wandering discovery feel as if it was intentional and worthwhile, and its level of difficulty is at a nice fair level. It's not Master Quest/Zelda II/Links Awakening nor is it Wind Waker/Twilight Princess/Skyward Sword whose difficulty levels have become a bit easy.

In my mind, it captures the heart of the series; along with the level of heroism intrinsic with the series, it captures th whimsy of exploration and discovery better than any game that came after it.

Obviously you're entitled to your opinion and all, but honestly I think there are few games that reward exploration as much as Wind Waker does. I barely ever complete games 100% but the console Zelda games post-ALTTP are one of the few exceptions to the rule.

In terms of difficulty there's no way Twilight Princess is easier than A Link to the Past, the dungeons in that game are some of the most complex and elaborate the series. I'd also mention the triforce chart thing in Wind Waker which is harder than anything in ALTTP but that's more annoying than it is hard.

If any game in the series is better than Ocarina, or ALTTP even, it ain't Twilight Princess. It's still good but, aside from the art direction and Midna, I can't think of any area where it compares favourably.

That's pretty important in a Zelda game though, it's one of the reasons why Hyrule is well-remembered as one of the most classic video game settings.
I feel like too many people disregard the importance of presentation in video games.
02:11 PM on 12/14/12 
User Info.
StepsInADance
taeyeonlogic.tumblr.com
Miami Fl
Male - 21 Years Old
I found Twilight Princess very easy. To each to his own.

Wind Waker is great for exploration, but sailing hurt it a bit. The triforce chart might be my least favorite part of any Zelda game, so yeah, crux of my issue with Wind Waker which I otherwise loved. As you said, it's more annoying than difficult

I feel like the sailing could have hurt it but it was handled pretty well, what with all the big octos, islands, enemy bases, etc...

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos