AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

08:54 PM on 12/12/12 
User Info.
cheesypepsi
san jose
Male - 22 Years Old
Often times, it's best to take a step back from the situation and just look at everything logically. Attack your problems one at a time (if you choose to encounter them), and the key is to not put any pressure on yourself. Don't do anything you aren't comfortable doing, and if there are persistent issues that won't go away, take the correct measures for ones that are fixable (you seem to be doing this).

You're on the right track though, so keep it up. Most of all, don't lose hope because depression is a shitty, nagging little twat that will try to get in your head. One thing to keep in mind is that on your road to recovery, you might have random episodes where you're suddenly depressed again, so just remember that it's just for that moment and keep on fighting. You'll be fine, man; do what you feel will make you happy.
10:32 PM on 12/12/12 
User Info.
EchoPark
promesas son sombras
Sydney AUS/Toledo OH
Male - 33 Years Old
drugs and alcohol won't solve your problems. neither will random sex with strangers.

adopting a healthy diet and moving/exercising does amazing things for ones mental/emotional well-being.

I've been there too on several occasions. Suicide seems a legit way to go when you feel all hope is gone. But don't give up. Once you're at the darkest, things will always brighten up.
01:39 AM on 12/13/12 
User Info.
Less Than Mike
Happiness is just a moment.
Sydney, Australia
Male - 22 Years Old
dont give up on yourself.

Best piece of advice on the thread.

There are no guarantees that life will get better, some people just draw the shortest of straws when it comes to life in general. Doesn't mean you should give up though. Determination and hope can drive you to change your life in ways you never thought possible, even if the world tries to fuck you at every possible chance.
06:23 AM on 12/13/12 
User Info.
deanster321
BLEGH
Birmingham, UK
Male - 22 Years Old
All I can say that hasn't really been said yet is don't put too much stock in whether you are seeing people romantically and whether you're having sex. In that area it's very easy to get your priorities wrong and self-flagellate over how you're doing and feel like it's the be-all and end-all of your life, when really you should focus on trying to be happy with yourself first and foremost.
08:18 AM on 12/13/12 
User Info.
Spencer Control
Now we are all sons of bitches
I don't see any questions. But here's an answer for you. Life is hard for everyone. Lose some weight, fix your dick, and get out there and meet people.

You have to be a troll; you always seem to post the most insensitive and absolutely unintelligent statements.

OP, I'm sorry. I honestly can't imagine even half of what you're going through. I commend your choice to stay away from alcohol, but I would recommend seeking counseling, not meds, to help you. Depending on who your peers are, it might better or worse to come out - I can't say that for you, and it's your choice entirely. Getting on a regular exercise schedule has been clearly shown to boost one's mood, and that certainly seems like a good idea for you to counter part of your depression and obesity.
Sex is, obviously, something we should all have the right to hope to have - but your life is worth living whether or not you are capable of having it. I have lots of platonic female friends, and no intention of sleeping with any of them, because I can love them just as friends without benefits.

But, most of all, pay attention to what someone else said in the thread: don't give up on yourself. Life is, qualitatively speaking, difficult for everyone; and some of us have it worse than others quantitatively. Remember that you are a valuable person simply because you exist. An inability to have sex, being obese, or being manic doesn't change that a bit. You are valuable.

08:42 AM on 12/13/12 
User Info.
TorontoMatt
No Avatar Selected
You have to be a troll; you always seem to post the most insensitive and absolutely unintelligent statements.

Insensitivity is my shtick. However coddling people isnt beneficial. Life isnt roses, it's hard. Youll eventually learn that and realize that "ive been right all along."
09:20 AM on 12/13/12 
User Info.
PAPER R1VAL
There be dragons here...
South Carolina
Male - 24 Years Old
Insensitivity is my shtick. However coddling people isnt beneficial. Life isnt roses, it's hard. Youll eventually learn that and realize that "ive been right all along."

Your schtick is unnecessary. Stop being a dick.

Also, you have a fucking Vampire Diaries avatar...so nothing you ever say will be right.
09:31 AM on 12/13/12 
User Info.
Spencer Control

I believe that being rational and being insensitive are two very different things. Coddling people isn't beneficial, but neither is cracking cruel jokes or offering intentionally terrible advice. I challenge you to find one element of my comment to OP that was unnecessarily coddling or rationally unsound.

There are scenarios that call for bluntness, and I definitely lean towards being too blunt than tactful. However, you failed to offer useful advice while being blunt; and as a result, it was entirely useless. I'm pretty sure OP recognizes that life is hard, and doesn't need you to reassure him of that fact.
10:25 AM on 12/13/12 
User Info.
TorontoMatt
No Avatar Selected
I believe that being rational and being insensitive are two very different things. Coddling people isn't beneficial, but neither is cracking cruel jokes or offering intentionally terrible advice. I challenge you to find one element of my comment to OP that was unnecessarily coddling or rationally unsound.

There are scenarios that call for bluntness, and I definitely lean towards being too blunt than tactful. However, you failed to offer useful advice while being blunt; and as a result, it was entirely useless. I'm pretty sure OP recognizes that life is hard, and doesn't need you to reassure him of that fact.
I was not saying you were coddling him. IMO, and I may be wrong, but I truly DO NOT believe I gave poor advice. Without going and re-reading my post, because I can't right now, I believe I told him to lose weight, fix his dick, and one more thing that I can't remember. All of which is true in order to help him out of the depression that he's in.
If I was insecure about something and it troubled me I would seek help in order to fix it so I can move on to the next one. That's all my post said. I was not mocking him, making a joke, or anything. Why? Because I know exactly what he is going through. Simple...I said that all before in fewer words.

EDIT-
"And get out there and meet people"- What world are you in where telling someone to go out and meet people is bad advice?
Many of you have followed my many glorious posts, and if you truly actually read them, I am in fact giving advice to the best of my abilities. Sure I know many of you people are going to bitch and moan about it, maybe simply because my advice isn't the same thing you hear every damn time everyone else replies--But sure, I'm no follower
10:26 AM on 12/13/12 
User Info.
TorontoMatt
No Avatar Selected
Your schtick is unnecessary. Stop being a dick.

Also, you have a fucking Vampire Diaries avatar...so nothing you ever say will be right.
Damon Salvatore and Hank Moody were Gods to me.
10:47 AM on 12/13/12 
User Info.
Spencer Control
I was not saying you were coddling him. IMO, and I may be wrong, but I truly DO NOT believe I gave poor advice. Without going and re-reading my post, because I can't right now, I believe I told him to lose weight, fix his dick, and one more thing that I can't remember. All of which is true in order to help him out of the depression that he's in.
If I was insecure about something and it troubled me I would seek help in order to fix it so I can move on to the next one. That's all my post said. I was not mocking him, making a joke, or anything. Why? Because I know exactly what he is going through. Simple...I said that all before in fewer words.

EDIT-
"And get out there and meet people"- What world are you in where telling someone to go out and meet people is bad advice?
Many of you have followed my many glorious posts, and if you truly actually read them, I am in fact giving advice to the best of my abilities. Sure I know many of you people are going to bitch and moan about it, maybe simply because my advice isn't the same thing you hear every damn time everyone else replies--But sure, I'm no follower

Your advice was basically restating things he knew: he needs to lose weight and fix his sexual problem. "Get out there and meet new people" isn't strictly bad advice, but I think we can agree that if he just did it now, without adjusting his lifestyle at all, that would be bad.

I don't complain when someone gives advice with which I disagree. Normally, I wouldn't even have said anything to you except maybe that I disagree. However, the combination of my disagreement with you and your seeming inability to convey information kindly led to me take it up with you.
11:06 AM on 12/13/12 
User Info.
TorontoMatt
No Avatar Selected
Your advice was basically restating things he knew: he needs to lose weight and fix his sexual problem. "Get out there and meet new people" isn't strictly bad advice, but I think we can agree that if he just did it now, without adjusting his lifestyle at all, that would be bad.

I don't complain when someone gives advice with which I disagree. Normally, I wouldn't even have said anything to you except maybe that I disagree. However, the combination of my disagreement with you and your seeming inability to convey information kindly led to me take it up with you.
I never convey things kindly unless I feel it necessary. The only time i deem it necessary is with loss. Anything else that can be changed/fixed need not be addressed kindly. Whatever he's going through can be fixed, thus all he needs to do is fix it. So that's the best advice I could give him. If he came and said "Guys my leg needs to be amputated," which is something that my friend came to me and said recently, then you best believe I would coddle the fuck outta him. But that's not the case, he has superficial problems, as do most teenagers and young adults, therefore I give it to them as I see it. Cold, simple, truths.

Couple days ago I told this dude on here how to get girls and everyone lost their shit, kinda like how you got angry at me. And tbh, I gave him the best advice I could give him. Don't be needy, don't be too nice, and most importantly don't show her too much interest. Why did I give him that advice, because that's what works for me. And people lost their shit. You can see it as trolling, and this is the first time I actually responded to being called a troll because I'm bored. But the truth is, most of you say the same things,respond the same way, and agree with each other. Very rarely are any of you unique. And those that are hardly put in their 2cents in fear of getting berated. There will be 10s of people ready to back you up, run to your defense, and call me a troll. Because you are all seemingly like-minded. It's the machine.

In real life people think I'm really nice. . Maybe I'm just a bad writer.
06:33 PM on 12/13/12 
User Info.
tbone0329
Why is the world so sad?
Long Island. NY
Male - 22 Years Old
get a sex change so you finally have a vagina to go along with the bitch you are
02:24 AM on 12/14/12 
User Info.
gfxtwin
Male - 29 Years Old
I don't fault TorontoMatt for trying to avoid walking on eggshells in his reply (not that I'm saying anyone else is). That said, I don't know how this is something that can easily be fixed and if you are sure enough that a solution exists maybe you (Tmatt) could drop a tip or two. Going to a urologist is expensive and I don't have the cash to do it now.
10:27 AM on 12/14/12 
User Info.
Fullblast 2.0
Not to be confused with Fullblast
Quit being a cunt. Get out and do something with your life. Now.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS
Mobile Version
Banners, Flyers, Widgets