Username
Password
Property of Zack News - Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 27 of 27.
08:26 PM on 12/13/12
Mattylikesfilms
If You Dig Up The Dead...
User Info.
I guess i am the only one who absolutely adores The Walking Wounded above anything else?
08:27 PM on 12/13/12
Mattylikesfilms
User Info.
I didn't even know they left Wind-Up.

Wind-Up lost pretty much everyone they signed that wasnt nu-metal bullshit.
09:57 PM on 12/13/12
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
I guess i am the only one who absolutely adores The Walking Wounded above anything else?
Nope. for me The Walking Wounded>Self Title> Shudder=Killing Time (Both equally great)> Sirens and Condolences. That is not even counting the acoustic album Devotion and Desire acoustic is fantastic.

But yea The Walking Wounded is very special to me. Something about that album is very personal and I love it. The energy on it is divine. The self title is great and the way Bayside churns out great albums is just proof they are a great band but if I had to pick a favorite The Walking Wounded any day.

Edit: Just realized I saw Bayside at the same venue within exactly a year. Saw them with Saves The Day and then with Taking Back Sunday at the same venue on about the same weekend in November. I also saw them at warped this year. They never get old though. They were the perfect band to tour with Taking Back Sunday so that just made that awesome experience (which I dreamed of since high school - the whole tell all your friends in entirety) even better.
10:23 PM on 12/13/12
Mattylikesfilms
User Info.
Nope. for me The Walking Wounded>Self Title> Shudder=Killing Time (Both equally great)> Sirens and Condolences. That is not even counting the acoustic album Devotion and Desire acoustic is fantastic.

But yea The Walking Wounded is very special to me. Something about that album is very personal and I love it. The energy on it is divine. The self title is great and the way Bayside churns out great albums is just proof they are a great band but if I had to pick a favorite The Walking Wounded any day.

Edit: Just realized I saw Bayside at the same venue within exactly a year. Saw them with Saves The Day and then with Taking Back Sunday at the same venue on about the same weekend in November. I also saw them at warped this year. They never get old though. They were the perfect band to tour with Taking Back Sunday so that just made that awesome experience (which I dreamed of since high school - the whole tell all your friends in entirety) even better.

I think I would agree with this. That record just has so many amazing songs from their discography (Head on a Plate,(Pop)Ular SciencE, I and I, and They're Not Horses, They're Unicorns) and musically, it was pretty experimental for them and not as straight forward as an album like Shudder and I feel like they semi regressed after TWW.
01:32 AM on 12/14/12
littleredhouse
User Info.
shudder is great. enjoyed that more than killing time tbh
05:33 AM on 12/14/12
SuNDaYSTaR
[Pull The Trigger]
User Info.
Wind-Up lost pretty much everyone they signed that wasnt nu-metal bullshit.
Well I have to admit I was surprised they even signed with them in the first place.
10:06 AM on 12/14/12
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
I think I would agree with this. That record just has so many amazing songs from their discography (Head on a Plate,(Pop)Ular SciencE, I and I, and They're Not Horses, They're Unicorns) and musically, it was pretty experimental for them and not as straight forward as an album like Shudder and I feel like they semi regressed after TWW.
I see what you mean by more experimental but I don't think they regressed. I think Killing Time is in the vein of the s/t and shudder was straight forward but a little different as well. I love every Bayside album but think The Walking Wounded was just the most memorable for me. Along with the songs you stated, "Choice Hops and Bottled Self Esteem" and "Dear Your Holiness" (got to hear that one live this year at warped) are some of my favorite bayside songs. I listen to Shudder a lot cause I think its their catchiest album next to TWW but I find Killing Time to combine all the best elements of Bayside and is a cousin to their self title. Not really an album by this band I don't listen to a lot (maybe sirens but still give that a spin every now and then).
10:33 AM on 12/14/12
Mattylikesfilms
User Info.
Well I have to admit I was surprised they even signed with them in the first place.

Well I thought the label was going in that direction by signing Hawthorne Heights but the label dropped HH and Bayside left.
10:38 AM on 12/14/12
Mattylikesfilms
User Info.
I see what you mean by more experimental but I don't think they regressed. I think Killing Time is in the vein of the s/t and shudder was straight forward but a little different as well. I love every Bayside album but think The Walking Wounded was just the most memorable for me. Along with the songs you stated, "Choice Hops and Bottled Self Esteem" and "Dear Your Holiness" (got to hear that one live this year at warped) are some of my favorite bayside songs. I listen to Shudder a lot cause I think its their catchiest album next to TWW but I find Killing Time to combine all the best elements of Bayside and is a cousin to their self title. Not really an album by this band I don't listen to a lot (maybe sirens but still give that a spin every now and then).

Yeah I love pretty much all their albums but I thought they were on the brink of hitting it big with TWW but then they made Shudder which was (IMO) the wrong album to make as a follow up. Maybe as a follow up to their S/T but not TWW. I think Killing Time won back the people turned off by Shudder ("Seeing Sound" is one of my favorite Bayside songs ever) so I'm really hoping they make their next record big and ambitious.
05:08 PM on 12/14/12
CarouselBoy
Not everything, not yet
User Info.
Shudder is probably my third favorite of theirs but I loved it and ever since it came out its always disappointed me how they'd play one song at the most from the record
05:39 PM on 12/14/12
Sharon!
YouFindMyFaultsFasterThan YourOwn
User Info.
That said, I wouldn't be opposed to them shaking up their setlists a bit (I'm probably one of those people who has seen Bayside at least 18 times). "OK GUYS, THIS IS DEVOTION AND DESIRE, ITS OUR LAST SONG, GO NUTS" - every show.

AMEN to this! I have seen them just as much live. There is a place for D&D in the setlist but it's time to change it's slot. I talk about this frequently. I'd love to see more Shudder and less "old" Bayside.

I feel like every album they put out is better and has more growth than the one before it. The progression of the band and their sound is pretty clear (and fucking fantastic) and this current era needs to be brought into the live shows. The older stuff shouldn't be forgotten about but I'd love to see Ghost of St. Valentine, I Think I'll Be OK and No One Understands and I & I as a closer. I enjoy the idea of everyone singing along and it being this epic ending/encore.
07:38 PM on 12/14/12
Jason_Merch
User Info.
They keep getting better and better over time. I love the progress they've made with each album
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests