|Hint: Have a band you'd like to see interviewed? Tell us.|
|The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:|
1. How did you get your band name?
We used to rehearse in our guitarist's garage. We were discussing a band name just after we had started and were really struggling with original names! One of the neighbours came round halfway through a rehearsal and told us that we had to stop rehearsing there as we kept on Waking his child - Theo! We thought that this was about as original as it comes!
2. How did this band get started?
Ben, Chris T and Chris V started the band when they were in school, originally covering some of our favorites - Metallica and KsE. As we got a bit older, we started to take things a lot more seriously. We met Chris Giles when former bassist Adam Wilson moved abroad - he had always been a close friend of the band. More recently, we have recruited Craig Gordon to complete the new lineup following the departure of Mike Slatcher in 2012.
3. What bands are you influenced by?
We listen to loads! Everything from 80's thrash - to modern days bands such as Sylosis, Bleed from Within, Parkway Drive, etc.
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?
Pantera - those guys knew how to pary. We like partying!
5. Best food to eat on tour?
Fast food saps your energy on tour - best advice is to go eat a decent meal somewhere. I hear KFC is pretty good for you.
6. Why should people listen to your band?
It's merges so many different styles - It's brutal AND atmospheric. The songs have raw passion - from the melodies in the guitar lines through to the lyrics. Absolutely worth a listen!
7. If you could be any athlete, which athlete would you switch places with?
Terry Crews. The guy made millions as a pro NFL player and now he's the Old Spice guy!! If you've not seen it - Youtube it!!
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
Everybody who gave the effort to vote for us over Justin Bieber. That and all the people who have invested the time and effort to get us where we are/where we are going!
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
The formation of groups made with the soul intention of making money. It's a real shame when you look back through history at the great composers and musicians - all of who left a legacy...there are so few artists who have an impact for more than 2 years anymore.
10. Memorable tour experience?
We went on tour last year and stopped off in a random layby with another band. We had parked up for the night - so drinking occured. About 2 hours into our layby party, the police pulled over and asked if we had stopped for a dogging session! We offered them a pint but they kindly refused.
11. What does AP.net mean to you?
We have massive respect for websites that promote underground music and push bands to achieve their potential!
12. What is your favorite song to play?
Downcast is a great - We debuted it at Bloodstock Festival this year to a packed tent and it's been a highlight of every show since then!
13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
We're going to take a week out in April to go to the south of Spain - great beer and beaches - could you want anything more?!
14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
The Offspring, Blink182, System of a Down, Limp Bizkit!
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
Who wouldn't want to be able to travel through time?! You could hang out with Dimebag and Dio!!
16. Any pre-show superstitions or rituals?
Our drummer refuses to replace his chair - although it's totaled! Instead he places 2 books and a bottle of contact lens solution under it to prop it up during the show!
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
We once started a gangster rap group...we had one show...of which we played our own music!
18. What is your assessment of the current state of radio? Do you think it's a place where your band could flourish?
Absolutely! There's so much emphasis on new bands and new music - the likes of BBC introducing, Kerrang Introducing etc are a great way to get the new bands out there - We definitely love a bit of it!
19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
We do a lot of writing, praticing and chilling out!! Interband FIFA tournaments are a must!
20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
Ben is Grade 8 at Saxophone! That's always one way to kill a party...
Chris Giles has perfected the art of hand-farting.
More From This Author