AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
Death News - Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 305.
12:01 PM on 12/14/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
I don't think we should make public on who the shooter was. I just think it's publicizing some fucked up kid who probably did this for attention. Give the attention to those who need it most. The kids, parents, friends. Such a fucked up world we live in.
I agree. I wish he'd forever be anonymous.
12:02 PM on 12/14/12
Chris289
User Info.
^^ thanks, I work 10 miles away.
I live in New Milford and my best friend has 2 young cousins who attend Sandy Hook. I felt so bad because he was freaking out. They are ok but what a terrible, terrible thing. Thoughts and prayers are with everyone.
12:03 PM on 12/14/12
DeviateRogue
Valar Morghulis
User Info.
When mass shootings have become the new norm in our society we've done something wrong.
12:03 PM on 12/14/12
omgitsyvette
User Info.
Sickened by the news. This is simply horrible.
Can't fathom how someone can end up in such a sick state of mind. There's a reason why I study Psychology; only in hope of ever being able to understand these people and help them. And avoid this from happening ever again.

Maybe I'm not too familiar with the gun laws in America, but I can't wrap my mind around the fact that an average citizen (even the mentally ill) can legally obtain such machinery. A .223-caliber rifle?! Why, WHY, would it even be necessary to legalize this? I don't get it.
12:04 PM on 12/14/12
patentpending
http://www.mattskibafans.com/
User Info.
Will change gun laws no doubt
This country has been in dire need of gun reform for decades and after all the gun related incidents that happen over and over and over again, I doubt even this will set into motion the arduous task of getting that done.
12:04 PM on 12/14/12
drewinseries
Fight to get it back again.
User Info.

That's an awful mix up that I'm sure a lot of people won't catch on to right away. Poor guy is right.
12:05 PM on 12/14/12
katieissweet
@katelyndonahue
User Info.
Hearing about this makes me sick to my stomach. My heart goes out to the children, families, and everyone else involved.
12:05 PM on 12/14/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
Sickened by the news. This is simply horrible.
Can't fathom how someone can end up in such a sick state of mind. There's a reason why I study Psychology; only in hope of ever being able to understand these people and help them. And avoid this from happening ever again.

Maybe I'm not too familiar with the gun laws in America, but I can't wrap my mind around the fact that an average citizin (even the mentally ill) can legally obtain such machinery. A .223-caliber rifle?! Why, WHY, would it even be necessary to legalize this? I don't get it.
Because some 200 years ago a bunch of guys wrote it on a piece of paper in reference to a different time, different place, and different technology ... and somehow it's now been put above reproach in our society.

It's time for that to change.
12:06 PM on 12/14/12
Portugal4142
@BrandonMir
User Info.
Speechless and infuriated. I fucking hate guns.
12:09 PM on 12/14/12
omgitsyvette
User Info.
Because some 200 years ago a bunch of guys wrote it on a piece of paper in reference to a different time, different place, and different technology ... and somehow it's now been put above reproach in our society.

It's time for that to change.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...-united-states

Found this an interesting read. Things certainly do need to change. Tragedies like this happen far too often lately and if this doesn't open their eyes, then I don't know what will.
12:09 PM on 12/14/12
xtbs7645x
User Info.
18-20 children.. just fucking awful.
12:11 PM on 12/14/12
blimpcityhero11
#WreckThisLeague
User Info.
This is just sickening. There's plenty of discourse that could be had over this tragedy, but words are meaningless if they don't result in change.
12:16 PM on 12/14/12
circletheworld
Old Fears New Frontiers
User Info.
dammit america... get your shit together. This is beyond sad and sickening events like this keep happening.
12:17 PM on 12/14/12
Miketheunicycle
"Look mom, no hands!"
User Info.
I don't think we should make public on who the shooter was. I just think it's publicizing some fucked up kid who probably did this for attention. Give the attention to those who need it most. The kids, parents, friends. Such a fucked up world we live in.
i agree, well said. my heart goes out to everyone involved, so sad its beyond words.

rip to all who lost their lives. these horrible shootings need to stop
12:17 PM on 12/14/12
AussieBoy
User Info.
Terrible terrible news

What is with the gun laws. Who is not changing these?!?!
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests