AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Comments: Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 305
01:19 PM on 12/14/12
YOUAREtehSCENE
User Info.
I live in New Milford and my best friend has 2 young cousins who attend Sandy Hook. I felt so bad because he was freaking out. They are ok but what a terrible, terrible thing. Thoughts and prayers are with everyone.
as do I live in New Milford Bro, I work in Danbury. next to Best Buy!
01:19 PM on 12/14/12
bobsheiskawy
www.facebook.com/misewell
User Info.
As someone who works in a public elementary school, this is absolutely horrifying. My thoughts go out to the families and the community of Newton as a whole.

That being said, can someone tell me why the hell we haven't reinstated the assault weapons ban that expired in '04 yet? Why?
because we're not allowed to have conversations about guns in america.
01:20 PM on 12/14/12
YOUAREtehSCENE
User Info.
NOT FOUND!!!
01:23 PM on 12/14/12
ChaseTx
Like I said in the politics thread, this makes me want to get out of the US, especially before my daughter starts school. I feels like our politics breed a certain type of madness. Horrifying.
01:24 PM on 12/14/12
Protested Hero
Jon
User Info.
Because it wasn't the guy. News outlets posted that it was him. He probably had to delete his account.
01:25 PM on 12/14/12
ssteveohh
User Info.
and yet people still argue that there is no gun problem here....
YOUAREtehSCENE
User Info.
Because it wasn't the guy. News outlets posted that it was him. He probably had to delete his account.
Thanks.. I bet you mark this date, that hand gun laws will change because of today, cause of an adult going in guns blazing.
steve187
nah
User Info.
embarrassed again to be from this country. this is so sickening
01:26 PM on 12/14/12
runningohfive
I know...
User Info.
This blows my mind and sinks my heart to a bottomless pit. I feel so fucking terrible and the fact that this took place 40 minutes away from me scares me. My thoughts go out to all of the parents, relatives, teachers, and friends of the children and others who have been killed today.
01:29 PM on 12/14/12
Protested Hero
Jon
User Info.
Thanks.. I bet you mark this date, that hand gun laws will change because of today, cause of an adult going in guns blazing.
Supposedly he did this with a rifle.
01:30 PM on 12/14/12
BrendanMachow
User Info.
I live 15 minutes away from the school back home. My Mom has a friend who is actually a teacher at the school as well as two friends with kids there. Crazy enough, the teacher had to call out sick today. I can't wrap my head around how a human being can do this. I'm at a loss for words.
01:30 PM on 12/14/12
RyanGarner
Registered Member
User Info.
Gun control is needed and it will help alleviate the problem but let's not be naive and think it will stop things like this from happening all together.
01:31 PM on 12/14/12
billyboatkid
The Protagonist of Loneliness
User Info.
Can't even believe this.. I guess I can, but fuck.

Literally almost started crying at work. All those poor kids

Whatever you believe in that guy will burn in Hell. Or at least I hope.
01:33 PM on 12/14/12
signal to noise
User Info.
Growing up I always felt like I lived in a safe bubble by living in Connecticut. It was the richest state in the country, no city I had been to in my state resembled the way the media presented places like New York or Los Angeles, I couldn't even imagine what it would be like to live around the awfulness that others do in the country. I'm 24 now, and every day that shit becomes a more and more distant memory. Nowhere is safe. My best friend's close friend was murdered in New Haven. There was a driveby shooting a street away from where I live only months ago. Now this. And this state is so small, you always know someone who knows someone. I felt awful first hearing the news, but then I see people I know from high school posting online about how their little cousins or their friend's kids go to that school and luckily they're safe, or as safe as they can be. Now I feel something beyond just awful. I have two nieces, going to elementary school in Connecticut. This could happen anywhere, and it happens not even an hour's distance away from me and my family. It's like... safety isn't some privilege you can have anymore by being lucky enough to live where you life. It's just chance. And chances fade.
01:34 PM on 12/14/12
AussieBoy
User Info.
So this was about 3hrs ago?

And the arsehole wasnt a student

What's elementary?
Ages 5-12ish right.

Tragic. Just tragic
And so close to Xmas. Heartbreaking

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates