AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

09:05 AM on 12/21/12 
User Info.
ChaseTx
Who the fuck cares if it's a girl or not? You shouldn't be an asshole to them either way.
09:15 AM on 12/21/12 
User Info.
ChelseaRiane
<3
Buffalo, NY
Female - 22 Years Old
Oh god. It's AP, cry about it. Everyone is an asshole here
09:37 AM on 12/21/12 
User Info.
HarryPotter
No Avatar Selected
Hogwarts
Male - 27 Years Old
Should she have been treated differently because she was playing damsel in distress? I don't think so. It was technically her mistake and she paid for it. I don't see how people pointing that out is being tough on her
guys normally don't come down hard on girls in here. And for a girl to come down hard looks like jealousy to me. But what do I know
09:38 AM on 12/21/12 
User Info.
HarryPotter
No Avatar Selected
Hogwarts
Male - 27 Years Old
Who the fuck cares if it's a girl or not? You shouldn't be an asshole to them either way.
what the heck is this? Every guy is an asshole to other guys on here. It's like they cant help but measure dicks and then fight
09:45 AM on 12/21/12 
User Info.
herestoyoufla
Still starin' down the sun
Tallahassee, FL
Male - 23 Years Old
guys normally don't come down hard on girls in here. And for a girl to come down hard looks like jealousy to me. But what do I know
I always come down hard on girls if you know what i'm sayin....
09:56 AM on 12/21/12 
User Info.
bung
Peel slowly and see
Minneapolis, MN
Male - 26 Years Old
You could find the head person or whoever at his apartment complex and make some empty threats, then see where that gets you. I doubt it would work, but it you need the money bad, it's worth a shot.
10:12 AM on 12/21/12 
User Info.
Cody Nelson
Your mouth to God's south.
Minneapolis, MN
Male - 22 Years Old
You should've parked somewhere else free of any risk of being towed until 8:30 and then continued your normal procedure once the concierge returned. It's not rocket science, don't park where you're not supposed to park whether it's because 'the parking pass person wasn't around' or even if it's 'just for a minute.' This issue really bugs me, so I'm not exactly sympathetic.
10:40 AM on 12/21/12 
User Info.
ChelseaRiane
<3
Buffalo, NY
Female - 22 Years Old

Did you just called me jealous of a girl who's whining on an internet forum about getting her car towed?

I would have had the same response if it was a guy. Jussayin
10:52 AM on 12/21/12 
User Info.
fallfromgrace85
CephaLOVEpod
Nashville, TN
Female - 25 Years Old
You should've parked somewhere else free of any risk of being towed until 8:30 and then continued your normal procedure once the concierge returned. It's not rocket science, don't park where you're not supposed to park whether it's because 'the parking pass person wasn't around' or even if it's 'just for a minute.' This issue really bugs me, so I'm not exactly sympathetic.

Parking is consequence free until after midnight.

To everyone else, I'm not playing "damsel in distress" nor am I an idiot, and I am certainly not looking for sympathy - I'm not some whiny bitch, just genuinely curious as to whether it may be even remotely possible to get my money back. I've never been towed before and it just seemed like "it could never happen to me".

Thank you to everyone who has answered so far. I'm not counting my chickens yet, but the money somehow got recredited into my account after the fact ..... Soooooo maybe it's a Christmas miracle lol.
01:04 PM on 12/21/12 
User Info.
fallfromgrace85
CephaLOVEpod
Nashville, TN
Female - 25 Years Old
No way! Girls are WAY too fragile for you to point out their mistakes, you're supposed to walk on egg shells around them at all times... right?

Bahahaha Nice.

I should never expect a thread full of 100% serious/helpful answers on AP.net. Its a rule. But no, good sir, point away at those mistakes. It was damn well an expensive one!
01:06 PM on 12/21/12 
User Info.
CollectiveConfusion
New York NY
Male - 25 Years Old
Verified
Bahahaha Nice.

I should never expect a thread full of 100% serious/helpful answers on AP.net. Its a rule. But no, good sir, point away at those mistakes. It was damn well an expensive one!

Haha, I was commenting more making fun of the guy that said he's surprised people aren't going easy on you. It sucks to get towed.
04:05 PM on 12/21/12 
User Info.
leftapart
Bay Area, CA
Male
So you came here to just bitch about it? What exactly are you expecting us to help you with? You fucked up, end of story. Ask that boyfriend of yours if he can lend you some money.
05:11 PM on 12/21/12 
User Info.
fallfromgrace85
CephaLOVEpod
Nashville, TN
Female - 25 Years Old
So you came here to just bitch about it? What exactly are you expecting us to help you with? You fucked up, end of story. Ask that boyfriend of yours if he can lend you some money.

I clearly asked for advice, you don't have to be such a prick.
05:44 PM on 12/21/12 
User Info.
fallfromgrace85
CephaLOVEpod
Nashville, TN
Female - 25 Years Old
Haha, I was commenting more making fun of the guy that said he's surprised people aren't going easy on you. It sucks to get towed.

I've heard that in New York, some towing companies will quite literally tow vehicles to an illegal spot - then bring a huge flatbed in and get a bunch at once. Truth?
09:21 PM on 12/21/12 
User Info.
ari telescope
kitties
Southern California
Female - 27 Years Old
Parking is consequence free until after midnight.

To everyone else, I'm not playing "damsel in distress" nor am I an idiot, and I am certainly not looking for sympathy - I'm not some whiny bitch, just genuinely curious as to whether it may be even remotely possible to get my money back. I've never been towed before and it just seemed like "it could never happen to me".

Thank you to everyone who has answered so far. I'm not counting my chickens yet, but the money somehow got recredited into my account after the fact ..... Soooooo maybe it's a Christmas miracle lol.

Just don't spend it for like a week or two, some larger charges will go instantly (to ensure you have the funds) then taken back, then processed and taken out again.

Also, that rules, I've never paid less than $400 to get my car out of the many ridiculous times I've had it towed. That's some bullshit.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos