Username
Password
All Posts by User
Displaying user's 538 posts.
12:14 PM on 12/21/12
TheDemosRock
What's a fuckass?
User Info.
As long as it involves all these guys, this is guaranteed to be epic.
01:31 PM on 12/21/12
TheDemosRock
What's a fuckass?
User Info.
calling BS on this. looks fake.
Believe what you want...
I basically spent half my time this summer on Manta collecting small business information. All that stuff is sourced through government records and pretty accurate - you can "claim" your business and add more information if you want, but you have to jump through some serious hoops to just create one.

I sure hope this answer comes quickly, unlike most "viral" things that everyone forgets about a few days later
Agreed 100%.

The worst part is that Brand New *would* do this on a day so significant-but-not-really-at-all.
11:54 AM on 12/22/12
TheDemosRock
What's a fuckass?
User Info.
They would keep it at the top of the page if it was something really big. Probably nothing except the drummers side project.
I doubt it, to do that would be an acknowledge meant that they're in on whatever this is, which defeats the purpose of such a viral marketing campaign.
01:33 PM on 12/22/12
TheDemosRock
What's a fuckass?
User Info.
I'd be sorely unhappy if all the guys in this niche of the scene were actually coaxed into sparking something so manic over what they knew would be construed as Brand New but isn't. It doesn't even seem like a smart idea for a new project - involving Brian or not - to ride BN's coattails for the success of a viral campaign before the project itself is unveiled.
02:38 PM on 12/22/12
TheDemosRock
What's a fuckass?
User Info.
I think it's affair at this point to say that few people are more excited than annoyed.
02:48 PM on 12/22/12
TheDemosRock
What's a fuckass?
User Info.
If that's a reference, I didn't catch it :\

I'm still excited for whatever this happens to be about. They did tell us to be patient, so I figured it might be awhile before we have official confirmation about anything.
I'm cool with expecting people to "be patient" and whatnot, but the fact this is somehow related to Brand New should have made it obvious to everyone involved that there would be legions of people tracking down as mic info as possible, and plenty more (like me) who have been following along with some intrigue.

I've had a lot of fun watching people get manic about this, especially because I'm not all that concerned about what it is (not that I won't be the first to admit having my stomach aflutter at the prospect of new BN)... but the more I think about it, the more I feel as though pursuing this kind of campaign, even if it ends sometime today, was just kind of mean. Sadistic, if you wanna take it even more seriously.
03:29 PM on 12/22/12
TheDemosRock
What's a fuckass?
User Info.
bahahah I see. I was on my phone and it didn't format, so I didn't notice that you had put "affair" in bold
03:36 PM on 12/22/12
TheDemosRock
What's a fuckass?
User Info.
remember when gifs were a thing
Are they not anymore?
11:53 AM on 12/23/12
TheDemosRock
What's a fuckass?
User Info.
Curious whether there's a holdup preventing Jason from reporting this news, or if they have a timetable already set out for when they want to let all the fans off the mysterious hook...
10:48 AM on 12/25/12
TheDemosRock
What's a fuckass?
User Info.
That "this is too big to be a side project" feeling is reeeeeeally hitting me at full capacity now.
But be a little objective... how hard was it to actually put this whole viral thing together? Is it really "that big" in the first place?

If you ask me, even a smalltown band with some friends that love doing this stuff could have pulled this off. It's not too big for anything, especially if it's the Lane/Accardi project that Jesse's talked about. He mentioned how out-there and out of the box Vin's cousin is, creatively.
11:43 AM on 12/25/12
TheDemosRock
What's a fuckass?
User Info.
We're talking now registering several social network accounts as well as registering and building a complete website, putting together semi-complicated videos and pictures for them, and getting a shit ton of people in the music industry to post the exact same message within hours of each other, including merch guys and management groups no longer associated with the band and other bands, some of which don't even exist anymore. Sure, there's not a lot of physical labor involved, but that's a very big and complex process for a band's drummer's side project.

Not trying to belittle Brian and Andrew or anything (I still think that's most likely what this is about) but like I said, it comes across as very big. But you're right, Jesse did say that guy is really creative. Whoever is behind whatever this is, they're very creative and good at putting things together and building some hype.
Why does it have to be "a side project that Brand New's drummer did" though? It'd also be Andrew Accardi's side-project from Robbers, and likely a side gig for the guitarist, bassist, and any other people involved, just because it's not their first band.

But we all know that Brand New isn't the most active bunch of guys - I'd bet that in his career, Vin's made more money at LI Skydive than he has from the band (I use him as an example because he's the only one whose non-BN profession I know ). Basically what I'm saying is that Shone might be a "side-project", but that doesn't mean it can't be its members' biggest commitment or that it has to be small by any metric, right?

From a web development standpoint, this project took some money. Not a fuckton, but enough to tell me that the band's either got a label behind them or some friends in the biz looking to do gratis work for the buzz it'll generate. I'd like to think it's the former. Fingers crossed.
11:50 AM on 12/25/12
TheDemosRock
What's a fuckass?
User Info.
So what's going on here? I'm far too lazy to read the pages and follow the cryptic shit.
Uhh...
The short version is that there are a lot of cryptic "clues" that honestly don't tell anyone anything at all.

Lots of rampant speculation.

Hopes were once high for a Brand New album, but all the "evidence" points away from it.

The prevailing assumption now is that this is a project involving Brian Lane (Brand New) and Andrew Accardi (Robbers), as alluded to by Jesse Lacey in at least one interview during this past year.

There's been some major disagreement on whether or not this viral campaign is "too big" to be for a side project, but I personally think that, side-project or not, any band with creativity and a label behind them would be able to pull this off.

Given how much of the staff has been posting in here with as much intrigue as the rest of the user-base, it's safe to assume that Jason is one of, if not the only APer who actually knows what's going on.

Lots of industry folk have helped promote the band/viral campaign by posting that "be patient. heatthing.com" tweet, which tells me that this project has got to be something ambitious and well worth the wait.

Any other extraneous details are honestly pretty useless.
11:51 AM on 12/25/12
TheDemosRock
What's a fuckass?
User Info.
Also, did Jason come out and say he knew who this was for, but wasn't at liberty to say?
Not in so many words, but he said something about waiting for the go-ahead to post about it, so we pretty much assume that he knows.
11:51 AM on 12/25/12
TheDemosRock
What's a fuckass?
User Info.
And OF COURSE this turned into a Brand New thread.

Ha classic AP
I don't understand how this post relates to the one you quoted lol

So what'll it be like when this viral bullshit is more interesting than the music.
As with every viral campaign in the history of the world, whether or not the music lives up to the campaign is obviously going to be up for debate. There's probably hundreds of people who are already this band's biggest fan and won't ever change their minds unless Heat Thing ends up being 12 tracks of nails on a chalkboard mashed up with rabid cats fucking.
11:54 AM on 12/25/12
TheDemosRock
What's a fuckass?
User Info.
Wasn't really @ him, more a general statement. Still stands.
hahaha okay in that case I agree with you.
But what would you expect? The very first speculation centered around Brian's involvement.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests