Username
Password
The Format News - Page 6
Displaying posts 75 - 90 of 95.
09:38 AM on 12/26/12
ForEveryHeart
No God
User Info.
i get what youre saying about attention to detail and quality, but whats wrong with a ton of fun fans going out and buying the record?

if anything it may drive up demand and spark ideas of a reunion one day

Seriously ^ This. I thought the days of being too cool and exclusive for Hot Topic would be over with. I think Hot Topic deserves alot of praise because they have come out with represses for alot of albums that would generally be unavailable and aren't exactly their niche market. I saw the Brendan Kelly and The Wandering Birds and Sundower records there. Those albums deserve promotion beyond their circle of TLA and Red Scare fans. So I actually love when Hot Topic puts out these records as I've gotten alot of represses from them that I wouldn't normally have because the prices of the originals go for such an obscene amount on ebay.
08:55 PM on 12/27/12
Zummy
I'm illegal in 48 states
User Info.
Hot Topic seems to care more about the money than the product. I purchased Sam Means' EP on Record Store Day and it was done very well (He even signed it). Vinyl is special product and should be done nicely. I appreciate the fact that Hot Topic is willing to press albums that other people, labels, etc won't but it doesn't change the fact that it will be done better on Sam's label. I'm not too cool for Hot Topic but as far as the collectability of a vinyl goes, less vinyls means more value.
01:45 AM on 12/28/12
brothemighty
Blue moon, where are you today?
User Info.
Everybody here loved Some Nights (the album) when it first streamed on Soundcloud back in Feb. Now it's cool to hate it
09:47 AM on 12/28/12
CavanaughPark
Hey, I'm doing alright.
User Info.
Everybody here loved Some Nights (the album) when it first streamed on Soundcloud back in Feb. Now it's cool to hate it

I get what you mean....it seemed like everyone on AP was so excited about it. I posted negative thoughts in the thread before it even came out though...I guess I've always just had an attitude about it.

It's definitely not a lasting album to say the least. I
liked it for about a week and I guess everyone else on here has just gotten sick of hearing the same three songs blaring over the radio.
09:59 AM on 12/28/12
bladerdude360
saved latin. What did you ever do?
User Info.
Can't wait for that. Will buy immediately.
10:36 AM on 12/28/12
SpyKi
This Charming Man
User Info.
I get what you mean....it seemed like everyone on AP was so excited about it. I posted negative thoughts in the thread before it even came out though...I guess I've always just had an attitude about it.

It's definitely not a lasting album to say the least. I
liked it for about a week and I guess everyone else on here has just gotten sick of hearing the same three songs blaring over the radio.
I haven't, haha. Although I don't really have to listen to the radio much. I still love the album after over 100 listens though.
10:56 AM on 12/28/12
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
Unfortunately I never liked Some Nights. I thought a few songs were decent but the bulk of the album felt so lifeless. I had another friend who was so into the format and loved fun. after aim and ignite but also could not get into Some Nights. It is not necessarily a bad album and I am glad the band gets the recognition the deserve but I really wish I could enjoy the album. Too many little things on the record just sorta make me wanna turn it off. I am just glad I got my indie pop-rock fix from other groups this year who delivered beyond expectations.
02:44 PM on 12/28/12
CavanaughPark
Hey, I'm doing alright.
User Info.
Unfortunately I never liked Some Nights. I thought a few songs were decent but the bulk of the album felt so lifeless. I had another friend who was so into the format and loved fun. after aim and ignite but also could not get into Some Nights. It is not necessarily a bad album and I am glad the band gets the recognition the deserve but I really wish I could enjoy the album. Too many little things on the record just sorta make me wanna turn it off. I am just glad I got my indie pop-rock fix from other groups this year who delivered beyond expectations.
this exactly. I was SO into the Format and I loved Aim but I don't like it as an album at all. About 3 or 4 songs are really great but I just don't care for the rest of it. But there have been a lot of great pop-rock records this year so I don't really need to listen to it.
10:56 AM on 12/29/12
Seth Robinson
User Info.
god damnit i miss the format. dog problems is my personal favorite album of all time. a modern classic.
10:59 AM on 12/29/12
Seth Robinson
User Info.
I HATED "We Are Young" from the very first moment I heard that dull, lifeless chorus hit. I grew to like a lot of the songs on the album-"Some Nights Intro", "All Alright", "Stars" etc. but it is nothing compared to DP and A&I.
12:54 AM on 12/30/12
Key Wii
Listen Carefully, then Read Aloud
User Info.
Feels good.
02:44 PM on 12/30/12
vincelac
... and team Lucabomb can never die
User Info.
Because coming out of nowhere to have platinum singles and multiple Grammy nominations makes Fun. a complete failure, right?
I consider them a failure because I don't have new Steel Train yet.
09:40 PM on 12/30/12
leftapart
User Info.
I was never able to get into this band, I would like to, but just can't.
10:27 PM on 12/30/12
Key Wii
Listen Carefully, then Read Aloud
User Info.
I was never able to get into this band, I would like to, but just can't.
Grrr
08:48 AM on 01/09/13
CavanaughPark
Hey, I'm doing alright.
User Info.
I consider them a failure because I don't have new Steel Train yet.
this. I remember when fun. started and Jack made a statement to all the Steel Train fans about how it wouldn't affect his solo work. obviously circumstances have changed with all their new album bullshit, but I'm still pissed. Steel Train>fun.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS