Username
Password

06:39 PM on 12/24/12 
User Info.
ari telescope
kitties
Southern California
Female - 27 Years Old
Wow that sucks. Don't go in on New Year's Eve if it's the same situation.
Also, can you just leave if there's no supervisors?

Technically, probably not. We work off a point system, you earn so many for tardiness or unexcused absences and I'm sure they'd figure out a way to point someone for leaving unexcused on a supposed "normal work day" when that person agreed that they would be here (not that it seemed that person had a choice.)

As far as New Year's, I'm going to definitely do something. I'm one of the most dedicated and reliable employees in their eyes and at least in the top 4 of people they need to stay every day & Saturdays so if they maintain that NYE is even the possibility of "mandatory" then I'll just tell them I'm not staying and killing myself all of the other days until then. Then as it gets closer I'll probably email my HR to tell me if it actually is mandatory or if i'll get marked.

The thing is, a lot of people actually said they'd come in today if given the option. But as soon as everything played out, it completely changes your outlook. Like, you don't have to lie and threaten us to do it if you already had us on your side. Now they've pissed everyone off.
06:55 PM on 12/24/12 
User Info.
ari telescope
kitties
Southern California
Female - 27 Years Old
at my place of work I am a shift supervisor with another girl and the store manager. The other shift supervisor sucks. she never shows up and has no idea what she's doing but of course she hasn't gotten fired

I was going to have tomorrow off and new years eve but thanks to her stupidity I have to work 19 out of the next 20 days

MERRY CHRISTMAS MOTHER FUCKER!!!

another one

(phone rings)
me: how may i help you
guy; why dont you have christmas stuff?
me: we do?
guy: where
me: in the store???
guy: why dont you have it in the windows like kmart??
me: i have no idea
guy: well maybe next year you will try harder
me: come in next year and you can do it for us (hangs up)

Such a great phone call. People are seriously stupid, it's amazing. Like, it's 2012, there's no excuse for that.

Mostly just wanted to let you know, I feel ya brother. This sucks. I don't really have any more sound advice other than, two months from now, we'll look back on this time and be like "hey, I survived and came out with a fatty check."
08:01 PM on 12/24/12 
User Info.
NickIsI
I'm Only Here to Disappoint
Chesterfield, MI
Male - 22 Years Old
I work at a restaurant that stays open until 4 a.m. on Fridays and Saturdays for the bar rush. Last Saturday, this group of drunk people come in and when they go to leave, one of them is just laying in the booth, refusing to get up and leave. Eventually, she vomits all over the floor underneath the booth, and guess who has to clean it up. If you guessed, this guy, you would be correct. Eventually, they went outside, and she proceeded to call the police and then fall into the fetal position, in the cold, in the mud, crying. She was eventually taken away in an ambulance, and hopefully jailed for public intoxication.

I hate people.
08:05 PM on 12/24/12 
User Info.
.invisible ink.
Sanders/Warren 2016 bitches
omnipresent
Female
Such a great phone call. People are seriously stupid, it's amazing. Like, it's 2012, there's no excuse for that.

Mostly just wanted to let you know, I feel ya brother. This sucks. I don't really have any more sound advice other than, two months from now, we'll look back on this time and be like "hey, I survived and came out with a fatty check."

At least you're getting extra pay for the extra work. I'm salaried now so every minute I work over my scheduled time is just giving away money. It definitely makes me feel less generous about giving my time away when I'm forced into meeting tight deadlines.
08:23 PM on 12/24/12 
User Info.
blackmold
Bro
Lyndora, PA
Male - 23 Years Old
You could of easily gotten her fired for that, I don't know why you didn't do anything about it.

Could of? COULD OF??!! WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?!

I'm sorry. My Christmas sucks so I'm being an asshole on the internet to make myself feel better...
08:47 PM on 12/24/12 
User Info.
sammyboy516
Male - 23 Years Old
Could of? COULD OF??!! WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?!

I'm sorry. My Christmas sucks so I'm being an asshole on the internet to make myself feel better...

That one get me too. Haha, I have no idea how people think that is actually a phrase or even makes any sense at all.a
08:53 PM on 12/24/12 
User Info.
ari telescope
kitties
Southern California
Female - 27 Years Old
At least you're getting extra pay for the extra work. I'm salaried now so every minute I work over my scheduled time is just giving away money. It definitely makes me feel less generous about giving my time away when I'm forced into meeting tight deadlines.
Ugh yeah that does suck, I actually can't imagine being here long enough to be on a salary. That is the downside :/
09:32 PM on 12/24/12 
User Info.
movingxpictures
Is it a dream keeping you awake?
Dela-where?
Female
I used to work at an animal hospital, and would take rooms with the veterinarian all the time. One couple comes in and complains that there dog has been vomiting all day, which prompted the vet to ask if the dog may have eaten something she shouldn't have. The two guys shift uncomfortably and then say "well, she may or may not have consumed a few grams of crystal meth".

Best post so far
09:33 PM on 12/24/12 
User Info.
blackmold
Bro
Lyndora, PA
Male - 23 Years Old
That one get me too. Haha, I have no idea how people think that is actually a phrase or even makes any sense at all.a

It bugs the shit out of me but I usually try to ignore it. But, yeah, I don't understand either how people think it makes sense...
10:17 PM on 12/24/12 
User Info.
jump start
We all need a reason to believe.
Greensboro, NC
Female - 22 Years Old
One time, someone came into the store I work at and had absolutely no idea what a cassette tape is. Even though her car had a tape deck in it.
11:02 PM on 12/24/12 
User Info.
ari telescope
kitties
Southern California
Female - 27 Years Old
I'm still laughing imagining someone "waltzing out angrily" lol
11:41 PM on 12/24/12 
User Info.
BozzBlonde
twitter.com/adeadgod
Lakeland, FL
Female - 21 Years Old
I work at a record store/live venue in our downtown area, near a park where most of this town's homeless people roam, but there's a guy in particular - black, probably in his late 20s, and occasionally wears boxing gloves, who we call Street Fighter - who is normally known for hitting on underaged girls outside of the shops and restaurants. I've been told about this dude and that he was banned from the store but had no idea what he looked like without boxing gloves on. I had a run in with him for the first time, with a friend of mine, being the only people in the relative area, and he kept asking if we were seeing anyone and if we practiced safe sex. I had to sit down and explain to him how being a lesbian works for at least an hour, because his mind couldn't seem to process that information.

Other than that, my days normally consist of reading comics, having to explain that vinyl is still a real thing, and shitting on local and touring bands with entitlement issues.
11:51 PM on 12/24/12 
User Info.
ReadyForAction
life in the greenhouse effect
Pembroke Pines, FL
Male - 24 Years Old

Thank you for ignoring the typo. It's a Christmas miracle
11:53 PM on 12/24/12 
User Info.
lp670sv
Go Sabres
Buffalo, NY
Male - 22 Years Old
I fix computers at a local shop. People come in all the time with the FBI Virus on their computer

Basically, it's a scam. But recently we have gotten a few people who have come in that actually believe the FBI is watching them (because the virus shows their webcam feed on the screen if they have one) and have sent money in as part of the scam! People ask if we can help them get their money back and we basically tell them "Sorry, you're fucked, call the credit card company!"

Funny thing is, this virus takes all of 5 minutes to remove!
One of my friends in the marines got that and called me freaking out about it. I had to remind him that, being a Marine, if the FBI was after him he would already be in Gitmo being waterboarded.
12:58 AM on 12/25/12 
User Info.
bung
Peel slowly and see
Minneapolis, MN
Male - 27 Years Old
At my last job I worked at a psychiatric hospital for kids, and one of the patients called this lady a "fiery cunt." I had to try very hard to suppress my laughter at the time.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos