Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 4 posts
11:18 AM on 12/24/12
don't fret
When In Rome
User Info.
This whole song shop idea is fucking brilliant. I never thought he would sell out multiple times. Dude is making a killing off of these, straight profit can't imagine it takes him that long to write a song. Gotta give credit to Max as a very savvy businessman.
11:51 AM on 12/24/12
don't fret
When In Rome
User Info.
Yep, what do you think the ratio of Say Anything to Song Shop revenue is? Think Song Shop could overcome Say Anything?
Not sure about that, plus I still don't know how sustainable it is to overtake say anything, but man he has struck gold. People say that the music industry is dead, but he has definitely found a niche in this. What a creative way to make money in this day and age. Really surprised that other bands haven't jumped on it. I would kill for a song from Chris Conley or Matt Skiba. The whole marketing of it "being limited" so it sells out every time is also genius. Could you imagine the type of revenue Jesse Lacey or Patrick Stump would get from people on this site? Even on a bigger scale someone like Taylor Swift? Not saying it's easy to write that many songs and obviously people are satisfied with the product as people keep coming back for more. I wouldn't be surprised if B-Schools did a case study on it. The whole thing seriously blows my mind.
12:09 PM on 12/24/12
don't fret
When In Rome
User Info.
i would give everything I have for a blink song shop song.
Oh man....I seriously would consider spending at least 1k maybe even more for my own personally written Mark Hoppus song with a phone call from Mark. I'm bet about 1000 other people would too....
12:33 PM on 12/24/12
don't fret
When In Rome
User Info.
Did Max actually say this, or are you just comparing two similar business plans?

This seems like something Tom would have done with AVA and Modlife. It just seems so time consuming, but with an arsenal of basic chord progressions and the ability to slap on a melody, any musician could do it (create a song shop) if they wanted, right?
True, Scalabiilty is the biggest issue. Only one man to write the songs. I guess another reason why Max impresses me that much more.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos