Username
Password
All Posts by User
Displaying user's 3 posts.
11:40 AM on 12/24/12
Anthony Sorendino
Don't you dare ever give up...
User Info.
This whole song shop idea is fucking brilliant. I never thought he would sell out multiple times. Dude is making a killing off of these, straight profit can't imagine it takes him that long to write a song. Gotta give credit to Max as a very savvy businessman.

seriously, he's written more than a 1,000 songs for more than $100 each... he's making bank from it. i've always wanted to do it, but i just thought it was/is too expensive + i don't have that much disposable income.

Yep, what do you think the ratio of Say Anything to Song Shop revenue is? Think Song Shop could overcome Say Anything?
12:27 PM on 12/24/12
Anthony Sorendino
User Info.
He got that idea from Walt Disney and their marketing plan of only selling a specific DVD title for a limited time until they lock it back up in the Disney vault!

Did Max actually say this, or are you just comparing two similar business plans?

Oh man....I seriously would consider spending at least 1k maybe even more for my own personally written Mark Hoppus song with a phone call from Mark. I'm bet about 1000 other people would too....

This seems like something Tom would have done with AVA and Modlife. It just seems so time consuming, but with an arsenal of basic chord progressions and the ability to slap on a melody, any musician could do it (create a song shop) if they wanted, right?
05:29 AM on 12/26/12
Anthony Sorendino
User Info.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/leorgali...ongs-for-fans/

He says that he makes more money off of the song shop, but that the song shop wouldn't have customers without the band.
Great article, thanks!
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums