Username
Password

02:34 PM on 12/25/12 
User Info.
tommylin
No Avatar Selected
Boston, MA
Male - 22 Years Old
Taking revenge on your brother isn't going to make him learn how to respect.
03:04 PM on 12/25/12 
User Info.
dontsneeze
Male - 29 Years Old
Kid's a little prick. But come on, man--you're getting all worked up over headphones. They break all the time anyway.

Every time I need new headphones, I go on amazon, type in earbuds (or whatever), sort by price, and buy the cheapest set that has good reviews. I usually pay less than $15 for a pair of solid headphones.

Good luck dealing with your brother. Hopefully he figures out how not to suck.
03:29 PM on 12/25/12 
User Info.
ParkwayTom
Forgive me, Nashville
Nashville, Tennessee
Male - 24 Years Old
Beat him with a crowbar until you can't recognize him.
08:40 PM on 12/25/12 
User Info.
marieeboxx
Cat Lady
West Coast
Female - 23 Years Old
I understand where you're coming from. I had my siblings ruin my property in the past and my parents didn't give a shit, and when I told them they would have to replace it since they ruined it, my parents were like "they don't owe you anything. They didn't mean to break it" -_- and just stupid excuses like that because they're favored over me. Anyway, your brother should replace your headphones, accident or not, he didn't ask to borrow them so he is responsible for the damages. Whether it sounds "childish," I would just say take his money and buy yourself new earphones. If he's not gonna get them for you, get them yourself...with his money.
09:01 PM on 12/25/12 
User Info.
ari telescope
kitties
Southern California
Female - 27 Years Old
I understand where you're coming from. I had my siblings ruin my property in the past and my parents didn't give a shit, and when I told them they would have to replace it since they ruined it, my parents were like "they don't owe you anything. They didn't mean to break it" -_- and just stupid excuses like that because they're favored over me. Anyway, your brother should replace your headphones, accident or not, he didn't ask to borrow them so he is responsible for the damages. Whether it sounds "childish," I would just say take his money and buy yourself new earphones. If he's not gonna get them for you, get them yourself...with his money.
Come on, if you're old enough to recognize something as "childish" but you still advise doing it, then you're doing adulthood wrong. Both of you girls need to grow up.

Look at this way: if you just take your brother's money, you're teaching him that revenge is the only way to solve someone taking something of yours, and pretty much asking for this to escalate and you can kiss something else of yours goodbye.
09:07 PM on 12/25/12 
User Info.
marieeboxx
Cat Lady
West Coast
Female - 23 Years Old
Come on, if you're old enough to recognize something as "childish" but you still advise doing it, then you're doing adulthood wrong. Both of you girls need to grow up.

I was just going off of what other people said. Others had mentioned it was "childish." You don't know other people's life. The way one person handles a situation in their home can be complete opposite from another person.
09:12 PM on 12/25/12 
User Info.
ari telescope
kitties
Southern California
Female - 27 Years Old
I was just going off of what other people said. Others had mentioned it was "childish." You don't know other people's life. The way one person handles a situation in their home can be complete opposite from another person.

You're absolutely right, however in this case, OP wanted input on her idea. We're telling her it's a bad idea, and doing it brings bigger consequences which will lead to something else of hers going missing/ruined. Being childish to someone welcomes childish behavior back. Bad idea.
09:16 PM on 12/25/12 
User Info.
marieeboxx
Cat Lady
West Coast
Female - 23 Years Old
You're absolutely right, however in this case, OP wanted input on her idea. We're telling her it's a bad idea, and doing it brings bigger consequences which will lead to something else of hers going missing/ruined. Being childish to someone welcomes childish behavior back. Bad idea.

I agree. It's like a lose-lose situation.
09:28 PM on 12/25/12 
User Info.
ari telescope
kitties
Southern California
Female - 27 Years Old
I agree. It's like a lose-lose situation.

Yeah, really, it's just a matter of what you lose less with.
10:06 PM on 12/25/12 
User Info.
allthewaysaid
Have a feeling I'll die in my20s...
Texas
Male - 22 Years Old
Why the fuck would you steal 30 bucks from him? Steal the whole $60. He's your brother, you guys are supposed to be childish. Take his 60 and make him cry. He'll tell on you and you won't give a fuck. /myfamily
11:28 PM on 12/25/12 
User Info.
tbone0329
Why is the world so sad?
Long Island. NY
Male - 22 Years Old
Tell him to stop being a fucking dinosaur and get a job
09:55 AM on 12/26/12 
User Info.
KingOfSpain
Goon Squad for Life
Chicago, IL
Male - 22 Years Old
Just tattle on him bro.
01:01 PM on 12/26/12 
User Info.
jon.
Male - 26 Years Old
Why the fuck would you steal 30 bucks from him? Steal the whole $60. He's your brother, you guys are supposed to be childish. Take his 60 and make him cry. He'll tell on you and you won't give a fuck. /myfamily
Do this.
03:11 PM on 12/26/12 
User Info.
Ollie McKraut
Registered Member
Male - 23 Years Old
If he leaves cash around where you can take it, do so. That will teach him a valuable lesson.

It's obviously going to start something, so make sure you have a plan. Take some time and think about all the possible contingencies, and develop controls for them. If he thinks he can fuck with you consequence-free, you already have the upper hand.

Look up the Always Sunny episode "Mac Bangs Dennis' Mom," for a comprehensive study of taking revenge, which is an art. Like all art forms, unexpected elements of the context might ruin your ultimate designs, even when everything goes according to plan.
05:10 PM on 12/26/12 
User Info.
ChelseaRiane
<3
Buffalo, NY
Female - 22 Years Old
Don't take his money. Talk to him like an adult and maybe he'll respect you more. If that doesn't work, get a safe and put things that you don't want fucked with away

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos