Username
Password
Mp3 News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Mp3
Inside AP.net

Free Music Friday (12/28/12)

Posted by: Andy Biddulph (12/28/12)
This week's installment of Free Music Friday can be found in the replies.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 15.
01:38 AM on 12/28/12
Andy Biddulph
Staff Writer @asbiddulph
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Please send any new submissions to reviews@absolutepunk.net with "Free Music Friday" in the subject line.

Submissions should include your band's name, title of submission (and whether it is a full length, EP or single song), facebook or website link, and similar bands for the "recommended if you like" section. Please upload it to a downloading website such as mediafire or bandcamp and send that link. Links to bandcamp or other places where it can be downloaded for free are more than acceptable.

Full Lengths
Stellar Young - Everything At Once
facebook
RIYL: Saves The Day, The Format, Moneen

I Will Not Let You Forget -
Ghostmod
bandcamp
RIYL: Nine Inch Nails, Linkin Park, Crystal Castles, M83

Raimi -
Constellations
facebook
RIYL: Steve Moore, Tangerine Dream, Sci-Fi Soundtracks

Deathdealer. -
SOULSTEALER
facebook
RIYL: Lightning Bolt, Code Orange Kids, The Locust, Death From Above 1979

EPs
Like Fires -
Like Fires
facebook
RIYL: Foals, The Cribs, Two Door Cinema Club

Roanoke -
Threads
facebook
RIYL: Pianos Become the Teeth, Native

Abandon Process -
Cool Kids Can't Die
facebook
RIYL: The Descendents, Blink-182, Jawbreaker

Hospital Dancing -
New Wife
facebook
RIYL: Brand New, Manchester Orchestra, Balance and Composure

Just Friends -
The Things We Hate.
facebook
RIYL: New Found Glory, This Time Next Year, Shorebreak, Pentimento

Samplers / Compilations / Demos
Little Ghost - Love Me, Sinner! - Demos 2011-2012
facebook
RIYL: alternative, rock, pop, dance

Single Songs
Hampshire - "Last"
facebook
RIYL: Saves the Day, Boys Night Out, Scary Kids Scaring Kids, Box Car Racer

The Dirty Looks - "Heisenberg"

facebook
RIYL: Brand New, Seahaven, Joyce Manor, Transit, Taking Back Sunday

Pseudoname - "If You're Out There"
facebook
RIYL: Dashboard Confessional, Ed Sheeran, fun.

Dangerous Animals - "Audrey Hepburn"

facebook
RIYL: Franz Ferdinand, Vampire Weekend, Arctic Monkeys

Six Month Archive
Dec 21 ... Dec 14 ... Dec 7 ... Nov 30 ... Nov 23 ... Nov 16 ... Nov 9 ... Nov 2 ... Oct 26 ... Oct 19 ... Oct 12 ... Oct 5 ... Sep 28 ... Sep 21 ... Sep 14 ... Sep 7 ... Aug 31 ... Aug 24 ... Aug 17 ... Aug 10 ... Aug 3 ... Jul 27 ... Jul 20 ... Jul 13 ... Jul 6 ... Jun 29 ... Jun 22
02:57 AM on 12/28/12
OHismiwiiknis
shup ut. jsut shup ut.
User Info.
Hospital Dancing RIYL could use some slight editing. i'd suggest it read this way:

RIYL: Vincent Accardi lyrics / Experimental / Say Anything/Nirvana guitar riffs, drums and progression

its a good sound for a concept EP. vocals are a little dry, probably due to production. but it was a live session so thats understandable. its a little different. refreshing in a way.

SUGGESTION: listen to "New Wife" first. its set to autoplay "Sleep Alone", but it's not as likeable as "New Wife".
03:38 AM on 12/28/12
CapitalG24
User Info.
Thanks for putting Like Fires and Ghostmod in this week. :) x
08:15 AM on 12/28/12
Joey-Wan Kenobi
fourth and goal
User Info.
I'll give Roanoke my pick of the week. Was surprised to see they're from Rockford, but they definitely have that Midwestern vibe I'm use to hearing from Rockford bands.
10:24 AM on 12/28/12
CapitalG24
User Info.
I'd check out Little Ghost!
12:36 PM on 12/28/12
OHismiwiiknis
shup ut. jsut shup ut.
User Info.
I'd check out Little Ghost!
yeah. they have a nice sound. kinda like Electronic Rock goes Death Cab meets Morrissey plus The Killers.
12:38 PM on 12/28/12
OHismiwiiknis
shup ut. jsut shup ut.
User Info.
I'll give Roanoke my pick of the week. Was surprised to see they're from Rockford, but they definitely have that Midwestern vibe I'm use to hearing from Rockford bands.
very interesting. unique scream/singing mix. sounds like The Republic of Wolves screamer with a little more singing. listening to more now.
02:11 PM on 12/28/12
OHismiwiiknis
shup ut. jsut shup ut.
User Info.
this^

my picks of the week:

1. Roanoke - VOCALS = Underminded / Billy Duprey(TROW, The Year Fifteen) / half singing, half screaming / melodic screaming / INSTRUMENTS = unique progressive rhythm changes

2. Hospital Dancing - VOCALS = think "Jesse Lacey's cousin mixed with Andy Hull at 17yo." / LYRICS = Vincent Accardi's lost high school notebook / INSTRUMENTS = Say Anything has ménage à trois with Nirvana and Creed. Production isn't great, but future studio recordings look promising.

3. Little Ghost - VOCALS = half Morrissey, half The Killers / INSTRUMENTS = think "The Postal Service with even more electronic stuff" IS THAT EVEN POSSIBLE??? yes. yes it is.

Mentionables:

Pseudoname - VOCALS = Jason Lancaster (Mayday Parade) / INSTRUMENTS = feels slightly too similar to acoustic Mayday Parade (almost borrowed), feeling goes away after first listen / LYRICS = Mayday Parade rapes Andrew McMahon, steals his lyric books, and changes some of the lyrics to better suit their style.

It's a good song if you're still into emo/acoustic indie-pop. I'm just surprised that Mayday Parade wasn't mentioned in the RIYL. They're an obvious influence, and I mean that in a good way.

The Dirty Looks - VOCALS = Tom DeLonge drinks a large glass of Coheed & Cambria / LYRICS = Taking Back Sunday (pre-Louder Now) / INSTRUMENTS = Box Car Racer / Blink 182 (esp. Travis Barker)
04:38 PM on 12/28/12
linoleum665
***lol
User Info.
hey, thanks for the kind words and more accurate descriptions about us (hospital dancing). all i have to say in relation to our influences and your descriptions is: nailed it.

i enjoyed the dirty looks and roanoke the most out of all of this weeks entries.
05:48 PM on 12/28/12
OHismiwiiknis
shup ut. jsut shup ut.
User Info.
hey, thanks for the kind words and more accurate descriptions about us (hospital dancing). all i have to say in relation to our influences and your descriptions is: nailed it.

i enjoyed the dirty looks and roanoke the most out of all of this weeks entries.
awesome! you're welcome. glad i portrayed you correctly. you guys deserve to be heard for sure.
06:15 PM on 12/28/12
jmhdrumm3r17
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Drummer for Dangerous Animals here, just wanna say thanks for including us in Free Music Friday.
06:35 PM on 12/28/12
linoleum665
***lol
User Info.
super franz ferdinand feel to the music, singer reminds me of patrick stump. neat combo.
07:09 PM on 12/28/12
jmhdrumm3r17
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
thanks dude, your stuff sounds sick too.
07:52 PM on 12/28/12
OHismiwiiknis
shup ut. jsut shup ut.
User Info.
Drummer for Dangerous Animals here, just wanna say thanks for including us in Free Music Friday.
nice feel. if i ever have an office job and get fired, this is the song i wanna play while i clear out my desk.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS