Username
Password

12:16 PM on 12/30/12 
User Info.
Cody Nelson
Your mouth to God's south.
Minneapolis, MN
Male - 22 Years Old

SynopsisThe show follows the adventures of 12-year-old twin brother and sister Dipper and Mabel Pines, whose parents send them off to their Great-Uncle Stan in the town of Gravity Falls, Oregon. "Grunkle" Stan lives in and runs The Mystery Shack, a tourist trap which charges visitors for a glimpse at the world's most bizarre museum, but little do Dipper and Mabel know that there really is something very strange going on and they must rely on one another to find their way in this unfamiliar town.

As somebody who casually enjoys Regular Show and simply can't see in Adventure Time what everyone else seems to, it's nice to finally have a 'made for kids, can be equally enjoyed by adults' animated program to call my own. This show is an absolute blast, doing a great job building up a lot of mystery and deep backstory in only ten episodes. It's funny, there's a lot of heart thrown in, and the supernatural 'monster of the week' element is a nice added bonus. While it doesn't have nearly as many innuendos as RS and AT do, I still see this show as a testament of how animation really is stronger than ever these days. It's created by Alex Hirsch, a writer from Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack, and contains a great voice cast; Kristen Schaal (having trouble NOT hearing Louise, though), Jason Ritter, and Linda Cardellini all star, and there's recurring roles from TJ Miller, John DiMaggio, Gregg Turkington, and Stephen Root. anyone. Shouldn't be too tough a sell on many of you.
12:48 PM on 12/30/12 
User Info.
Cody Nelson
Minneapolis, MN
Male - 22 Years Old
The trailer doesn't do the show justice in the slightest as far as the writing content, I just figured it'd give people an idea of the concept.
08:49 AM on 12/31/12 
User Info.
Cody Nelson
Minneapolis, MN
Male - 22 Years Old
"So you figured out our little secret. Good work. Applaud, everyone! Applaud sarcastically....no, that's too sincere. Slower. Yes, just like that. Good and condescending.
08:53 PM on 01/01/13 
User Info.
Cody Nelson
Minneapolis, MN
Male - 22 Years Old
"What's the number one problem with most monster hunts?"

"If you're a side character, you die in the first 5 minutes of the movie. Dude, am I a side character?! Do you guys ever think about stuff like that?"

Oh god, I think I love this show right here. There are so many great one-liners.
That whole scene is golden, from the camera throwing to the captain/co-captain talk. Really glad you're into it, I figured this would be your type of thing. I really hope this finds a following similar to RS and AD, it certainly deserves it. I just worry at times that it being on Disney Channel might make people hesitant of putting time into it.

"Permission granted."
"Permission co-granted."
"Permission associate co-granted."
04:31 PM on 01/06/13 
User Info.
Cody Nelson
Minneapolis, MN
Male - 22 Years Old
"Your question makes my shoulders bounce! Fireball! Uppercut! Downercut! BOWL OF PUNCH!"
12:22 PM on 01/15/13 
User Info.
Cody Nelson
Minneapolis, MN
Male - 22 Years Old
New episodes return on February 15th!
04:30 AM on 03/30/13 
User Info.
Cody Nelson
Minneapolis, MN
Male - 22 Years Old
Regardless of Disney's stupid lack of giving this a consistent airing schedule, it still got renewed. So that's awesome.
11:42 AM on 04/21/13 
User Info.
Cody Nelson
Minneapolis, MN
Male - 22 Years Old
Immediately following what was easily one of the best episodes of the season (Creggy G eating and immediately choking on the tape dispenser was the biggest laugh I've ever gotten from the show), the announcement comes out that there will be no new episodes of this in May. Fuck everything.
05:45 PM on 06/28/13 
User Info.
Cody Nelson
Minneapolis, MN
Male - 22 Years Old
New episode in 15 minutes.
06:00 PM on 06/28/13 
User Info.
Cody Nelson
Minneapolis, MN
Male - 22 Years Old
I know right?! Came out of nowhere, if I didn't have an alert on my phone, I never would've found out.
06:11 PM on 06/28/13 
User Info.
Cody Nelson
Minneapolis, MN
Male - 22 Years Old
turned it onto Disney excitedly, forgot I live in Hawaii, get depressed forever
Oh, yeah, I suppose your time zone fucks shit up. Well, hey, at least you have a few hours instead of just TBA!

Anyways, this episode is a lot of fun so far, I forgot how much I missed this show. Everything with the Huggy Wuvvy Tummy Bundle is so absurd and even like Tim & Eric-esque in the best way (the latter mostly in the 'PIIIIIIIIIIIIGGGGGGGGGSSSSSSS' part, haha) . Also, Stan seeing the pterodactyl is big for the overarching storyline, no? I mean, I know we saw him enter that mysterious entrance behind the vending machine a lot of episodes ago, but how much is he aware of already ? I think that might be a big plot point regarding the last three episodes, excited to see if they serialize it at all in the last few weeks.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos