AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

06:25 PM on 12/30/12 
User Info.
Chris M.
I want Barkevius Mingo to fall to the Steelers just for his name

That sounds like it could be a name from that Key & Peele East v. West bowl sketch.
07:19 PM on 12/30/12 
User Info.
Chris M.
Considering there's only two possible options in the top five for a QB to go to, and I'm not yet convinced there's a QB in this draft worthy of going top five, I'd say the current possibility of that happening are roughly 0%.
07:54 PM on 01/01/13 
User Info.
Chris M.
I think, should he declare, the most intriguing QB in this class is Tajh Boyd. With the right coaching he could be a franchise QB.

None of G. Smith, Barkley, Glennon, etc. seem anything all that special to me, though I suppose if guys like Blaine Gabbert, Jake Locker and Christian Ponder got drafted as high as they did, those 3 with all go fairly high as well.

And I very much doubt Flacco hits the market. The Ravens will slap him with the franchise tag before that happens.
01:57 PM on 02/09/13 
User Info.
Chris M.
Did a mock this afternoon while procrastinating studying for a midterm. Tried to go against the norm at some picks. Let me know what you think.

ROUND 1
1. Kansas City Chiefs: Geno Smith, QB, West Virginia

New regimes typically mean new QBs. It’s possible Andy Reid and co. could be interested in Alex Smith, but for now they look to get their franchise QB through the draft. Kansas City cannot sell their fans on another season of Matt Cassel and Brady Quinn.

2. Jacksonville Jaguars: Star Lotulelei, NT, Utah

Jacksonville needs someone who can push the pocket and be a force in the run game, Lotulelei can be just that for them.

3. Oakland Raiders: Damontre Moore, DE/OLB, Texas A&M

Oakland finished second-to-last in the league in sacks. To say they desperately need a stud pass rusher would be an understatement.

4. Philadelphia Eagles: DeMarcus Milliner, CB, Alabama

I see Luke Joeckel being mocked to the Eagles just about everywhere, but they still have Jason Peters at left tackle. If Peters is released then Joeckel is the pick, but for now I think they’re best suited to draft Milliner.

5. Detroit Lions: Bjoern Werner, DE, Florida State

Detroit continues to build their defensive line adding to recent first round picks Ndamukong Suh and Nick Fairley.

6. Cleveland Browns: Jarvis Jones, DE/OLB, Georgia

I still have my doubts on whether Jones’ play can translate to the NFL, but Cleveland needs some help getting to the QB. Barkevious Mingo or Ziggy Ansah are other potential picks at this juncture.

7. Arizona Cardinals: Luke Joeckel, OT, Texas A&M

Arizona gets their franchise left tackle to help fix their atrocious offensive line. Joeckel is at the top of my big board and would have went higher if I bothered to predict trades.

8. Buffalo Bills: Alec Ogletree, LB, Georgia

Ogletree is flying up mock drafts, and with good reason. He’s a sideline-to-sideline player with the versatility to play either the MIKE or WILL.

Don’t be surprised to see Buffalo either trade down or trade back into the first to grab a QB. Ryan Nassib or Mike Glennon could be someone they target.

9. New York Jets: Ezekiel “Ziggy” Ansah, DE/OLB, BYU

A year after drafting Quinton Coples in the first round, the Jets continue to bolster their pass rushing by adding Ziggy Ansah.

10. Tennessee Titans: Chance Warmack, G, Alabama

Guards don’t normally offer enough value to warrant a top 10 selection, but Chance Warmack is unlike any guard prospect that’s come around in a long time. Miss. State CB Johnthan Banks could be another potential pick for the Titans here.

11. San Diego Chargers: Eric Fisher, OT, Central Michigan

Jared Gaither stinks. San Diego has needed a stud left tackle since Marcus McNeill retired.

12. Miami Dolphins: Johnthan Banks, CB, Mississippi State

Sean Smith could be hitting free agency leaving a huge hole at CB for the Dolphins. They could also go WR or rush LB with this pick.

13. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Desmond Trufant, CB, Washington

I really don’t like the idea of reaching for need, but Tampa Bay’s cornerbacks are the worst in the league and they don’t have many other pressing needs. Look for them to explore trade options if Milliner and Banks are off the board.

14. Carolina Panthers: Sheldon Richardson, DT, Missouri

Charles Johnson and Greg Hardy have provided a formidable exterior pass-rushing duo for Carolina, and now it’s time for them to shore up the interior of their defensive line.

15. New Orleans Saints: Barkevious Mingo, DE, LSU

New Orleans could stand to upgrade every position on defense, so they draft the best defensive player available.

16. St. Louis Rams: Kenny Vaccaro, S, Texas

With the 3 big offensive line prospects off the board, St. Louis chooses to address one of their lesser needs.

17. Pittsburgh Steelers: Dion Jordan, DE/OLB, Oregon

James Harrison is likely done with the Black & Yellow and they’ll need someone to replace him. Enter: Dion Jordan.

18. Dallas Cowboys: Johnathan Hankins, DT, The Ohio State University

Between Jay Ratliff and Josh Brent, the Cowboys’ defensive tackle position is a mess. Hankins and his zero DUI’s would be a welcomed addition.

19. New York Giants: Manti Te’o, ILB, Notre Dame

Fake girlfriend or not, Te’o is still a solid player and drastically improves the Giants MIKE position.

20. Chicago Bears: Jonathan Cooper, G, North Carolina

Chicago’s offensive line is atrocious and Jay Cutler is going to be killed if they don’t fix it soon.

21. Cincinnati Bengals: Kevin Minter, LB, LSU

The athletic Minter can play multiple linebacker positions and will replace Rey Maualuga on the Bengals’ defense. Either Minter or Vontaze Burfict will play in the middle with the other playing on the weak side.

22. St. Louis Rams (via WAS): Lane Johnson, OT, Oklahoma

Jason Smith, second overall, 2009 draft.

23. Minnesota Vikings: Cordarelle Patterson, WR, Tennessee

Percy Harvin and Leslie Frazier do not get along and it could see the talented receiver being jettisoned from Minny this off-season.

24. Indianapolis Colts: John Jenkins, NT, Georgia

Indy needs to upgrade their run defense. A new nose tackle in John Jenkins is a step in the right direction.

25. Seattle Seahawks: Zach Ertz, TE, Stanford

Drafting Ertz will allow Seattle to have more flexibility with their two-TE sets and should help keep opposing defenses off-balance when they line up in a power running formation.

26. Green Bay Packers: Giovani Bernard, RB, North Carolina

Green Bay desperately needs a #1 running back after trying out Cedric Benson, Alex Green, James Starks, Ryan Grant, Brandon Jackson, and DuJuan Harris at the position over the past two seasons.

27. Houston Texans: Keenan Allen, WR, California

Houston has been looking to upgrade their WR2 for years and finally they get their man in Cal standout Keenan Allen.

28. Denver Broncos: Xavier Rhodes, CB, Florida State

Champ Bailey was awful against Baltimore in the playoffs and appears to be nearing the end of a Hall of Fame career. Players with Rhodes’ size and skill at CB are hard to come by and we could see him start to climb up mock drafts after the combine.

29. New England Patriots: Tavon Austin, WR, West Virginia

A new toy for Tom Brady and coordinator Josh McDaniels to utilize on offense.

30. Atlanta Falcons: Sam Montgomery, DE/OLB, LSU

Ray Edwards was a bust signing and John Abraham is due for retirement any year now. With word that Atlanta will run more base 3-4 sets in 2013, a pass rusher who can play both 4-3 DE and 3-4 rush LB in Sam Montgomery could be their guy.

31. San Francisco 49ers: Kawann Short, DT, Purdue

BPA for the team that has very few weaknesses.

32. Baltimore Ravens: Matt Elam, S, Florida

Ed Reed is an impending free agent and due to cap restrictions, Baltimore may not be able to re-sign him.
01:58 PM on 02/09/13 
User Info.
Chris M.
fuck, the numbers didn't show up when I pasted it.

Working on a round 2 now.
08:15 PM on 02/27/13 
User Info.
Chris M.
I don't see Ziggy Ansah lasting until 15 nor Des Trufant until 29 but other than that I like the mock.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos