AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

06:38 PM on 12/30/12 
User Info.
WRLD ART
Manuel Overdrive
Are we doing the mock draft now? Dibs on Bills, I CALLED IT.
06:41 PM on 12/30/12 
User Info.
WRLD ART
Manuel Overdrive
Can someone find our mock draft from last year?
06:49 PM on 12/30/12 
User Info.
WRLD ART
Manuel Overdrive
I mean, we have like two months before we have to start the mock draft right? Some of us nerds could probably do about 6 rounds?
07:10 PM on 12/30/12 
User Info.
WRLD ART
Manuel Overdrive
I'm hoping at least three of the top 5 teams go QB and one of the remaining two take the risk of drafting Jarvis and Werner is available for the Browns.

What THREE QB's are going in the top 5? haha.
03:54 PM on 01/01/13 
User Info.
WRLD ART
Manuel Overdrive
How would you rate the quarterbacks available this year through draft, FA and trade?

1. J. Flacco
2. A. Smith
3. G. Smith
4. M. Glennon
5. T. Tebow
6. T. Wilson
7. K. Cousins
8. M. Barkley
9. M. Flynn
10. R. Mallett
11. L. Jones
12. T. Bray
13. B. Weeden
14. A. Murray
15. M. Moore
16. M. Vick
17. T. Boyd
18. Z. Dysert
19. R. Nassib
20. E. Manuel
21. D. Stanton
22. B. Gabbert
01:33 PM on 01/02/13 
User Info.
WRLD ART
Manuel Overdrive
Is anybody keeping a list on this?
05:08 PM on 01/02/13 
User Info.
WRLD ART
Manuel Overdrive
Interested to see what the Packers do this year.

I initially thought WR since Jennings is likely gone, but I think they are fine with Nelson/Cobb/Jones are the starting 3.
TE is interesting, if Finley leaves after next year, we're looking thin, but who knows. Williams/Taylor haven't played much at all.

The obvious pick is offensive line. That'll likely be the first rounder for us this year. Hopefully this one pans out, we've had shit luck with offensive lineman lately with injuries and all that.

I'm not sold on Alex Green as an every down back and he's not great at picking up his blocks when he's back there. Think he's a solid change of pace guy but he cannot be the work horse back for this team. I don't know if we give Cedric Benson another year, I think it'd make sense to try and nab a workhorse HB in the 2nd round to pound the ball. I'd prefer Montee Ball but I doubt it happens.

Not sold on our safety situation either as Burnett is solid but injury prone, and Chuck is old and been injured recently. McMillan seems promising but hasn't played much and wasnt a high draft pick. We'll see if he ends up working out.

Also, we need to trade rodgers for picks and draft geno smith, run the wildcat. - DrewB

Finley will be released or traded after this year.
09:11 AM on 01/03/13 
User Info.
WRLD ART
Manuel Overdrive

just give me any unclaimed team

This is just a running list.

Last year we had some people double up with teams without active fans on the board, so I would happily take the Rams!

I want to get all 7 rounds done, even if people filter in and out after round 3 or so.
09:17 AM on 01/03/13 
User Info.
WRLD ART
Manuel Overdrive
I think doing 7 rounds in the final mock right before the draft is cool...but if we do 2-3 mocks spread out between now and the draft or whatever, I don't think doing all 7 rounds for those is necessary.

My thinking was we would do 2 mock drafts, one early on, and one about two weeks before the draft, and then we could even have fun comparing how things change with the due process of the draft? No? Remember when Fairley was a LOCK to go #1? It'd be cool to see, plus it gives some of the non-draft nerds a little depth of who they are picking.
09:30 AM on 01/03/13 
User Info.
WRLD ART
Manuel Overdrive
I was kinda thinking three....one right after the Super Bowl based on the teams needs, only three rounds or so. Another after the combine/first week or two of free agency, same...only three rounds or so.

Then the big, full seven rounder a week or so before the draft.

But really, I'm fine with whatever. It'd just be interesting to see how they all change.

I honestly would be fine with whatever. I just think getting all 7 rounds done in time a week before the draft just isn't realistic. If we did two seven rounders, one right after the SB, that would take about a month, and then start another one up, that would take about a month, bringing us to the draft! Last year we started one on February 29th, and only got to the beginning of round 4. So about halfway.
09:59 AM on 01/03/13 
User Info.
WRLD ART
Manuel Overdrive
http://absolutepunk.net/showthread.p...#post117257512
10:35 AM on 02/23/13 
User Info.
WRLD ART
Manuel Overdrive
Furstenburg ran a 4.5, impressive.
06:58 AM on 02/24/13 
User Info.
WRLD ART
Manuel Overdrive
Hope Austin falls to the second.
10:00 AM on 02/24/13 
User Info.
WRLD ART
Manuel Overdrive
I'm just impressed with Geno Smith. Please. Buffalo.

I'll even take Barkley.
10:04 AM on 02/24/13 
User Info.
WRLD ART
Manuel Overdrive
Well, Geno running a 4.56 certainly helps his case. I have no problems with him going #1 at all.

Crazy amount of speedsters at WR in this draft too.

Boo. I hope he gets past 4, and the Bills / Lions make a deal. Jump up three spots, send 'em a third and a fifth.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS
Mobile Version
Banners, Flyers, Widgets