Male - 29 Years Old
I want Barkevius Mingo to fall to the Steelers just for his name
07:40 PM on 12/30/12 
User Info.
preppyak
I hate Vincent Jackson
Falls Church, VA
Male - 29 Years Old
That sounds like it could be a name from that Key & Peele East v. West bowl sketch.
He did win the name of the year tournament in 2009
12:45 PM on 01/01/13 
User Info.
preppyak
I hate Vincent Jackson
Falls Church, VA
Male - 29 Years Old
Do the Bangles really need any wide receivers?
I'd like to take one late. Hawkins and Tate are up for FA, i think...And losing Armon Binns and Jordan Shipley this year, we will need to replace someone.
Yeah, what they need is more depth, as WR1-3 are covered by Green, Jones, and Hawkins it would seem. Hawkins is an RFA, so he'll get tendered at the 2nd round level probably and be kept fairly cheap. Agree that Tate is gone, so, it's the sort of thing you spend a 5th or 6th rounder on if there is a guy there.

Really, what they need is a guy like Cotchery/Stokely/etc. A vet WR to help the rookies along and also be a reliable force if/when people get hurt
01:00 PM on 01/01/13 
User Info.
preppyak
I hate Vincent Jackson
Falls Church, VA
Male - 29 Years Old
FUCK, Keenan Lewis is a free agent, that blows. He may well be one of the best CBs available then, and we can't afford a big contract offer to him. Might completely shift how we have to handle the draft.

Steelers off-season is gonna be really interesting. We are gonna lose Wallace, Mendenhall, probably have to cut Colon, and Heath is coming off ACL surgery on offense; and then on defense, Casey Hampton is probably gone, Keisel could go either way, Foote is probably gone, gotta imagine Harrison and Troy are gone or big restructures.

So, that leaves the Steelers draft needs as ILB, OLB, S, OL (probably G), TE, and then probably CB and WR depending on how Lewis and Wallace play out. With high priority on LB and S in my mind. Losing Lewis would make it even higher priority to go secondary early on
01:04 PM on 01/01/13 
User Info.
preppyak
I hate Vincent Jackson
Falls Church, VA
Male - 29 Years Old
Anyone have a really good free agency list of who will be available?
01:59 PM on 01/01/13 
User Info.
preppyak
I hate Vincent Jackson
Falls Church, VA
Male - 29 Years Old
Cool. My god is QB so thin this year....gonna be so many QBs that teams reach for in the draft.
02:24 PM on 01/01/13 
User Info.
preppyak
I hate Vincent Jackson
Falls Church, VA
Male - 29 Years Old
There's some tradeable pieces as well. Mallett, Flynn, Smith.

If Flacco is smart, he'll test the open market. I could see Stanton or Moore getting a shot at a starting job too.
Ravens will tag him before it gets to that. The tag isn't too bad for QBs, though it would mean Ed Reed makes it to FA without a new deal for either him or Flacco.

And I guess you can include Cousins in that tradeable pieces, gonna be odd if Alex Smith is the most viable FA QB
05:52 PM on 01/01/13 
User Info.
preppyak
I hate Vincent Jackson
Falls Church, VA
Male - 29 Years Old
How would you rate the quarterbacks available this year through draft, FA and trade?
What is your criteria? As a long term franchise QB? Or as a 2013 starter specifically?

I'm assuming 2013 starter; it shifts a bit with long term instead

1. J. Flacco
2. A. Smith
3. Flynn
4. Vick
5. Cousins
6. G. Smith
7. Weeden
8. R. Mallet
9. M. Glennon
10. T. Tebow
11. T. Wilson
12. M. Barkley
13. L. Jones
14. T. Bray
the rest don't feel like ranking, they are interchangeable. As are 11-14 really, to me.

If it were long-term, I'd move Vick way down, Smith and Weeden down some spots, move Cousins, Mallet, and all the undrafted guys up. Probably

1. J. Flacco
2. Flynn
3. Cousins
4. G. Smith
5. R. Mallet
6. A. Smith
7. M. Glennon
8. Weeden
9. T. Tebow
10. Vick

Flacco has to be #1 no matter how you slice it because he is the only legit franchise QB right now, and he'll be that for any team for 5+ years still
11:39 AM on 02/27/13 
User Info.
preppyak
I hate Vincent Jackson
Falls Church, VA
Male - 29 Years Old
They might also benefit from a trade down to get into a better value range for some of the second tier of pass rushers.
Yeah, sadly I think this is the path they'll go. Unless someone really amazing falls to them (Jones or Star basically), I think they have enough needs that they'd want more 2nd/3rd rounders. They'll definitely need to come out of the first 4 rounds with a LB, CB, S, and WR in some form (assuming they cut Harrison and lose Lewis), and keeping that first rounder makes that a little harder
09:41 AM on 04/25/13 
User Info.
preppyak
I hate Vincent Jackson
Falls Church, VA
Male - 29 Years Old
we need a mod with a banhammer in here for anyone posting LaCanfora/Glazer tweets early
02:01 PM on 04/25/13 
User Info.
preppyak
I hate Vincent Jackson
Falls Church, VA
Male - 29 Years Old
Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 1m
How's this for a shocker: Several execs picking early in round 1 believe OAK will take corner DJ Hayden 3rd overall if they keep the pick

oh boy...
Oh god, I hope so. This is why no spoilers are allowed...I really, really want to not know who the Raiders pick until it actually happens

sounds like the Bengals really want Lacy at 21, which would be great.
Makes sense for them too, as he might not be there with their early 2nd, and they can still get good players at other positions there.

We're still pretending he's a terrible human being?
Nah, but, do we really need a redemption story? What's he really coming back from? He clearly never actually loved the girl, as he slept around while "dating" her, and never actually went and saw her, even as she was dying.

He's a dumb ass who used a story for sentimentality, and now he's gonna get a sentimental story for that blowing up on him?
02:01 PM on 04/25/13 
User Info.
preppyak
I hate Vincent Jackson
Falls Church, VA
Male - 29 Years Old
He said this morning that he expect the Chargers to trade into the top 4 for him, but he can't do trades on his Mock.
Which is of course, the worst excuse ever. Its because they want a side by side comparison of every pick from every analyst and showing trades fucks that up....so dumb
03:27 PM on 04/25/13 
User Info.
preppyak
I hate Vincent Jackson
Falls Church, VA
Male - 29 Years Old
That wasn't the basis of the piece and certainly not the entirety of his story.
What I will say of the story is that the smartest thing Te'o did was shut up about it. Let it fade away, people will stop asking questions, etc. If he interviews for that NFLN piece, it's a huge mistake.
03:38 PM on 04/25/13 
User Info.
preppyak
I hate Vincent Jackson
Falls Church, VA
Male - 29 Years Old
I wouldn't be as mad as some other people would be if we took him. I am not completely sold on him after the title game but he would fit the Bears pretty well I think.
Well, and if you think of the teams Te'o is linked to, and his shortcomings on the field, it's not like Urlacher or Lewis were exactly studs in coverage the last few years. I definitely am starting to think he wont last til day 2

OK so it's time to do a Twitter purge if I have to. Only ESPN/NFLN employees are observing the "no spoilers" policy, correct? So I need to unfollow Glazer, Lacanfora, Brugler, etc?

Or just stay off Twitter, obviously
I'd just stay off twitter...apparently even ESPN employees will be allowed to speculate, so, you may well see Schefter say "if x goes at #4, I'd bet Millner goes at #5".
03:39 PM on 04/25/13 
User Info.
preppyak
I hate Vincent Jackson
Falls Church, VA
Male - 29 Years Old
Are they going to be tweeting trades or not?
Probably. And Schefter even said he has leeway to tweet really interesting picks. So, hayden at #3 he'd tweet. When Te'o goes, he'll probably tweet it, etc. I'd just avoid twitter.

So much for PFT giving espn shit for tipping picks
Yep.
RT @rapsheet: Hear #Falcons targeting 2 players as they consider move from 30: #LSU DE Barkevious Mingo & #NotreDame TE Tyler Eifert.
Weird. I mean, I get Eifert...but, no way they'd have to trade to the top 10 to get him. Mingo I could see them needing to.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos