AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

01:58 PM on 02/09/13 
User Info.
Chris M.
fuck, the numbers didn't show up when I pasted it.

Working on a round 2 now.
03:00 PM on 02/09/13 
User Info.
WhatJulianSaid
News on Once the Clouds are Gone
Brooklyn, NY
Male
if the Jets pick wilson in the top 10 I will seriously laugh my ass off

I think we all will but at this point they're just expected to make bad moves so it's not that surprising in any way.
03:43 PM on 02/09/13 
User Info.
Tyler Vagyler
Tight Dick Playa
Greensboro, NC
Male - 25 Years Old
I think we all will but at this point they're just expected to make bad moves so it's not that surprising in any way.

This is why I made the pick in my mock lol
04:08 PM on 02/09/13 
User Info.
WhatJulianSaid
Brooklyn, NY
Male

Still, by experts say I don't think it'll happen and if it does I'll just be speechless
04:58 PM on 02/09/13 
User Info.
PAPER R1VAL
#YANKS
No Avatar Selected
South Carolina
Male - 24 Years Old

You know the Jets got rid of Mike Tannenbaum and hired John Idzik from Seattle, right?
06:42 PM on 02/09/13 
User Info.
WhatJulianSaid
Brooklyn, NY
Male
You know the Jets got rid of Mike Tannenbaum and hired John Idzik from Seattle, right?

LOLOL so happy they didn't hire the assistant, but this guy probably would have spit on Tannenbaum for wasting last years pick on Coples haha
02:05 PM on 02/10/13 
User Info.
blimpcityhero11
#WreckThisLeague
Akron, OH
Male - 26 Years Old
I don't know if anyone caught it earlier today, but ESPN aired a skills competition with a couple draft prospects. Boy, is this an awful year for QBs. It was Manuel, Nassib, Glennon, and Aaron Rodgers' little brother. Manuel actually looked the best, but Nassib was laughably bad. I feel bad for whoever drafts him.
02:07 PM on 02/10/13 
User Info.
PAPER R1VAL
#YANKS
No Avatar Selected
South Carolina
Male - 24 Years Old
LOLOL so happy they didn't hire the assistant, but this guy probably would have spit on Tannenbaum for wasting last years pick on Coples haha

How was Quinton Coples a wasted pick?

If Rex Ryan wasn't so loyal to veteran trash like Bart Scott and Mike DeVito, Coples and DeMario Davis would've played a lot more.
03:11 PM on 02/10/13 
User Info.
WhatJulianSaid
Brooklyn, NY
Male
How was Quinton Coples a wasted pick?

If Rex Ryan wasn't so loyal to veteran trash like Bart Scott and Mike DeVito, Coples and DeMario Davis would've played a lot more.

They could've used other players to fill out the roster at other positions is all I'm saying,which is why Scott and most of those other players are even out there. Tannenbaum hasn't done anything good draftwise except for bring in Revis and Keller really. Devito also isn't a veteran since he's only 28 but I'm also pretty sure the only reason Wilkerson and Coples didn't get more minutes is because they weren't playing as well as they should've been in the first place. Rex Ryan knows what he wants on defense because that's all he really knows.
03:27 PM on 02/10/13 
User Info.
PAPER R1VAL
#YANKS
No Avatar Selected
South Carolina
Male - 24 Years Old
They could've used other players to fill out the roster at other positions is all I'm saying,which is why Scott and most of those other players are even out there. Tannenbaum hasn't done anything good draftwise except for bring in Revis and Keller really. Devito also isn't a veteran since he's only 28 but I'm also pretty sure the only reason Wilkerson and Coples didn't get more minutes is because they weren't playing as well as they should've been in the first place. Rex Ryan knows what he wants on defense because that's all he really knows.

So many things wrong with this post...

They wanted Bruce Irvin and he went a pick before to Seattle. Then the Jets had a deal to trade back with Pittsburgh, but the Steelers smartly stayed put because they knew DeCastro had a great chance of falling to them when the board started to unfold.

The OLBs still need to be replaced, but Bart Scott was replaced in the 2012 draft. Davis is going to be a good player.

How in the hell is a 28 year old player that's been in the league 6 years not a veteran?

Dustin Keller is terrible.

David Harris, Nick Mangold, D'Brickashaw Ferguson, Darrelle Revis, and Jeremy Kerley are some very good draft picks by Mike Tannenbaum.

Tannenbaum was more interested in making splash trades and moving up in the draft for "his" guys that building depth through the draft.

Muhammad Wilkerson is the second best 3-4 DE in the league behind JJ Watt. That gap between them is huge, but still...to say he wasn't playing well is ridiculous. He also rarely came off the field, even as a rookie. He's a great player.

Rex Ryan is loyal to the players that he brought in.

It's why he stuck with a 5'7 white safety (Jimmy Leonhard) for multiple seasons. It's why Bart Scott got playing time over the younger/faster DeMario Davis. He was drafted to replace Scott and Ryan just didn't play him.

Quinton Coples didn't play because, again, Ryan is loyal to his veterans and gave reps to Mike DeVito. When Coples got extended playing time towards the end of the year, he was dominant down the stretch as an interior pass rusher.

tl;dr: sorry for the rant, but c'mon son...
03:31 PM on 02/10/13 
User Info.
MyBestFiend
Save.US_EMB11D
Collegeville, PA
Male - 21 Years Old
I love Mo, but just because he was the second best last season doesn't make him the second best in the league. He needs to do it for a few more seasons.
03:32 PM on 02/10/13 
User Info.
PAPER R1VAL
#YANKS
No Avatar Selected
South Carolina
Male - 24 Years Old
I love Mo, but just because he was the second best last season doesn't make him the second best in the league. He needs to do it for a few more seasons.

I agree, but he and JJ came into the league together...so that's how I'll measure it. He's been an elite run defender during his first two seasons - just not nearly as impactful as Watt.

Wilk will never be as dominant or versatile as Watt, but they will be the premier players at their position for a long time.
04:31 PM on 02/10/13 
User Info.
xbrokendownx
Lets Go.
Southampton, PA
Male - 27 Years Old
Platinum Member
Dustin Keller is not terrible
05:26 PM on 02/10/13 
User Info.
PAPER R1VAL
#YANKS
No Avatar Selected
South Carolina
Male - 24 Years Old
Dustin Keller is not terrible

For the 30th overall pick, he sure is. They gave up multiple draft picks to trade into the backend of the first for an undersized tight end that can't block or consistently get open. For a guy that runs a pretty fast 40 for TE, he struggles to get separation.

He is basically a jumbo-sized slot receiver.
09:50 AM on 02/13/13 
User Info.
xbrokendownx
Lets Go.
Southampton, PA
Male - 27 Years Old
Platinum Member
Evan Silva ‏@evansilva
David Amerson can't run. At all. Hard to watch.

17m Matt Miller ‏@nfldraftscout
@evansilva Lot of the reason why I like him at FS and not CB.

2m Evan Silva ‏@evansilva
@nfldraftscout Left off board.

1m Matt Miller ‏@nfldraftscout
@evansilva And now I'm going to have to go back and re-watch his film. Know when you're that low on a player there's a reason.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos