Male - 22 Years Old
Lol I think I drafted him in the mock
10:04 AM on 02/13/13 
User Info.
WhatJulianSaid
News on Once the Clouds are Gone
Brooklyn, NY
Male
For the 30th overall pick, he sure is. They gave up multiple draft picks to trade into the backend of the first for an undersized tight end that can't block or consistently get open. For a guy that runs a pretty fast 40 for TE, he struggles to get separation.

He is basically a jumbo-sized slot receiver.

I think you really overstate the fact that he's bad, he'd be in the top 10 if sanchez could just hit him in stride rather than force half of the passes to him much too quickly
10:06 AM on 02/13/13 
User Info.
WhatJulianSaid
Brooklyn, NY
Male
Evan Silva ‏@evansilva
David Amerson can't run. At all. Hard to watch.

17m Matt Miller ‏@nfldraftscout
@evansilva Lot of the reason why I like him at FS and not CB.

2m Evan Silva ‏@evansilva
@nfldraftscout Left off board.

1m Matt Miller ‏@nfldraftscout
@evansilva And now I'm going to have to go back and re-watch his film. Know when you're that low on a player there's a reason.

This is exactly why I had Taylor ahead of him as a CB, tbh he should be ahead of half the guys because he can actually press and cover. BSU is a much better school than people give credit for.
11:28 AM on 02/14/13 
User Info.
PAPER R1VAL
#YANKS
No Avatar Selected
South Carolina
Male - 24 Years Old
I think you really overstate the fact that he's bad, he'd be in the top 10 if sanchez could just hit him in stride rather than force half of the passes to him much too quickly

Keller is not a true tight end. He is #2 option at the position, his route running is sloppy, and his hands are inconsistent.

For a first round pick, he has not lived up to his draft slot or his supposed potential. I am happy that he will likely be playing elsewhere in 2013, even if he has some success for another franchise.

The guy flashed a lot of ability in certain games, but his all-around inconsistencies were just frustrating to watch over his career as a NYJ.
11:47 AM on 02/14/13 
User Info.
WhatJulianSaid
Brooklyn, NY
Male
Keller is not a true tight end. He is #2 option at the position, his route running is sloppy, and his hands are inconsistent.

For a first round pick, he has not lived up to his draft slot or his supposed potential. I am happy that he will likely be playing elsewhere in 2013, even if he has some success for another franchise.

The guy flashed a lot of ability in certain games, but his all-around inconsistencies were just frustrating to watch over his career as a NYJ.

We really only saw him for what three seasons? I guess if we do franchise him and he under performs we can probably let him go but I'm not sure if we should draft another one, at least as high in case he doesn't
11:52 AM on 02/14/13 
User Info.
PAPER R1VAL
#YANKS
No Avatar Selected
South Carolina
Male - 24 Years Old
We really only saw him for what three seasons? I guess if we do franchise him and he under performs we can probably let him go but I'm not sure if we should draft another one, at least as high in case he doesn't

Why would a team with almost no cap space franchise a non-elite tight end?

Keller played five seasons with the Jets. More like a 4.5 because he was injured for eight games this season.
11:56 AM on 02/14/13 
User Info.
WhatJulianSaid
Brooklyn, NY
Male
Why would a team with almost no cap space franchise a non-elite tight end?

Keller played five seasons with the Jets. More like a 4.5 because he was injured for eight games this season.

Because it's the Jets... lolol they're not going to be able to keep landry either if he's asking so much
12:08 PM on 02/14/13 
User Info.
PAPER R1VAL
#YANKS
No Avatar Selected
South Carolina
Male - 24 Years Old
Because it's the Jets... lolol they're not going to be able to keep landry either if he's asking so much

Of the Jets probably won't be able to keep LaRon Landry. He's not even asking for a ridiculous deal.

It doesn't make sense to pay a safety $6M a season when you multiple holes and don't have any money.
01:10 PM on 02/14/13 
User Info.
WhatJulianSaid
Brooklyn, NY
Male
Of the Jets probably won't be able to keep LaRon Landry. He's not even asking for a ridiculous deal.

It doesn't make sense to pay a safety $6M a season when you multiple holes and don't have any money.

That's what I'm saying lol
03:10 PM on 02/16/13 
User Info.
startBBtoday
I talked about a bunch of draft eligible WRs here: http://nesn.com/2013/02/robert-woods...013-nfl-draft/

and here are my Top 10 picks for the Patriots in the first round: http://nesn.com/2013/02/deandre-hopk...013-nfl-draft/
10:32 AM on 02/23/13 
User Info.
xbrokendownx
Lets Go.
Southampton, PA
Male - 28 Years Old
Platinum Member
combine underway

Jesse Agler ‏@finsjesse
Unofficial: Eifert 4.60, Ertz 4.72.
10:35 AM on 02/23/13 
User Info.
WRLD ART
I'm ugly
Furstenburg ran a 4.5, impressive.
06:44 PM on 02/23/13 
User Info.
blimpcityhero11
#WreckThisLeague
Akron, OH
Male - 26 Years Old
combine underway

Jesse Agler ‏@finsjesse
Unofficial: Eifert 4.60, Ertz 4.72.
After his less-than-stellar arm measurements and bench reps, Ertz will probably drop a little bit now. Eifert looked stellar though.
07:56 PM on 02/23/13 
User Info.
WhatJulianSaid
Brooklyn, NY
Male
Yes, bravo Eifert I think regardless of the workout I still would've picked him before Ertz. Escobar didn't look nearly as good as everyone thought and Mcdonald did wiel as I expected. I was also pleasantly surprised to see how well Cooper did on the bench since everyone claimed he wasn't as strong as most of the other O-line prospects.
06:58 AM on 02/24/13 
User Info.
WRLD ART
I'm ugly
Hope Austin falls to the second.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT