08:02 PM on 12/30/12 
User Info.
Cody Nelson
facebook.com/comedyfiends
Minneapolis, MN
Male - 22 Years Old
Staff Member
Let's see how this goes over.

My tendency to drop projects over time aside (apologies in advance, I acknowledge that I suck and disappear sometimes), I think the Entertainment forum here has some of the most original and entertaining discussion/threads on the site. That being said, do you guys have any suggestions on how to make it even better? Here's a temporary place to toss ideas around about ways to get a bunch of users involved, through any means.

Here's my one example that I have so far: Maybe a weekly TV show/movie stickied thread. I don't know how this would be set up, but it could be a poll with a theme relating to a current event/relevant date (Christmas, etc.) and the most popular movie/show fitting that theme would get more exposure through an official thread and get stickied to try and spawn further discussion? Maybe I'm just crazy and spitballing but this seems like one of the best ways to get more eyes on an underappreciated piece of media.

What do you guys think, what are ideas you guys have? Let's talk.
01:13 PM on 12/31/12 
User Info.
Cody Nelson
Minneapolis, MN
Male - 22 Years Old
Staff Member
anul

But seriously the stickied idea sounds cool

I'm a big fan of the Entertainment polls. There's been a lot less recently, I miss them.

I really like the movie of the week being stickied idea too.

Any elaboration on how we could make an idea like that run as smoothly as possible? I'm blanking for the time being.
10:22 PM on 01/13/13 
User Info.
Cody Nelson
Minneapolis, MN
Male - 22 Years Old
Staff Member
I'm not one for deleting posts just because they're eyesores, but you guys have your posting style (and fanbase to go along with it) in nearly every other Entertainment thread and I've let it be, so just leave this one alone.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS
Mobile Version
Banners, Flyers, Widgets