Password

Comments: Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 43 of 43
12:33 PM on 12/31/12
CarlFarbman
last.fm/user/CarlFarbman
User Info.
LLO + Mare Vitalis are my favorites.

Watching them play steps and numbers live was breathtaking.

New song here is great. Exactly the direction I'm hoping for the new record. The last minute or two are incredible.
12:34 PM on 12/31/12
MikeBass
User Info.
This is amazing...and my favorite album is Peregrine.
12:59 PM on 12/31/12
liarsenal
human equivalent of nachos.
User Info.
Low Level Owl > Mare Vitalis > Sagarmatha > Peregrine > End of the Ring Wars > Two Conversations
01:13 PM on 12/31/12
hcjosh
User Info.
Low Level Owl = Two Conversations = Mare Vitalis > Sagarmatha > End of the Ring Wars > Peregrine > Lost Songs
01:25 PM on 12/31/12
Dctromotola
What?
User Info.
im pretty sure they played this on their last tour. I was front row and two feet away from them at a house show. it was pretty boss
03:01 PM on 12/31/12
justballz
User Info.
Low Level Owl = Two Conversations = Mare Vitalis > Sagarmatha > End of the Ring Wars > Peregrine > Lost Songs

I like that, though peregrine was pretty enjoyable. I'm no musician by any means, but ASC really have a unique sound that they keep switching it up on each record which is why they are so damn enjoyable. Sadly their live shows have gone downhill over the years, I still look forward to listening to whatever these dudes put out.
03:53 PM on 12/31/12
ConquerTheSound
Lake and the River
User Info.
I listen to a lot of their albums often. But recently it has been Mare Vitals and LLO
06:42 PM on 12/31/12
kazuma_ootaro28
User Info.
Two Conversations is my favorite, but I love Low Level Owl I. Mare Vitalis is splendid too.
10:10 PM on 12/31/12
tomahawk
my new pep pep
User Info.
man, they kill.

I've really tried broadening my Appleseed Cast preferences, but I just can't beat Peregrine. And I actually really dig Sagarmatha.
10:19 PM on 12/31/12
Frinet
run
User Info.
I like that, though peregrine was pretty enjoyable. I'm no musician by any means, but ASC really have a unique sound that they keep switching it up on each record which is why they are so damn enjoyable. Sadly their live shows have gone downhill over the years, I still look forward to listening to whatever these dudes put out.
How so? I've never seen them live, just curious at to what you mean. I think its the mark of a great band when there are lot's of different opinions on which is their best work.
11:36 AM on 01/01/13
Airin Gough
User Info.
The song is great.

This band can really do no wrong. I can't wait for the new album. 2013 is shaping up quite nice so far.
08:13 AM on 01/02/13
justballz
User Info.
How so? I've never seen them live, just curious at to what you mean. I think its the mark of a great band when there are lot's of different opinions on which is their best work.

Great way to put it, they are a solid band, each release is unique in its own way.

As far as the live show, maybe it's the always changing lineup, but they seem to care less and less about performing over the years and IMO are just going through the motions. Back in the day they would mess around with the songs and change things up, keep it interesting. They played samples and had feedback on guitars, made it an experience. Last time I saw them was for the LLO tour, where they played shortened versions of the songs and honestly didn't look like they were trying, just 4 homeless looking guys who looked like they needed a payday. I left during their encore.

Plus hearing the doucher guitarist make fun of me while maning their merch table never hurts as to why I'll never go see them again (prob have seen them 10 or so times). Still a great band, will keep listening to whatever they choose to put out, I'll just won't throw any money their ways.
01:58 PM on 01/02/13
theagentcoma
Mouthpiece for the Mental
User Info.
Don't get me wrong, LLO is fantastic. Listening to both of them live was a religious experience and On Reflection continues to be one of my favorite songs period. It's just that there are way too many filler tracks and white noise and whatnot on LLO. I get that they were experimenting a lot but I find myself skipping songs 4-6 every time.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos